“Vacation”

Holiday Inn Resort Ixtapa
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Ixtapa
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Once again we had a great time at the resort. Our friend Jorge went out of his way to make every thing perfect. At the restaurants the food servers were very friendly and helpful and the people at the front desk greeted us every day. We have no fear and feel very safe at all times when we are there. We have been going here for over 15 years and I am sure will make it 16. Our 3 weeks were the best. Cleo at the towels and the activites guys were great and did a superb job.

Room Tip: I really think all their rooms are good and most have a view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Martha C
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Resort Ixtapa

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We spent our honeymoon at this hotel in November 1987. Just got back from celebrating our 25th anniversary at the same hotel. WOW! what a difference. Very clean, service was impecible, and food was abundant and delicious. The excurisons were excellent and well worth the prices. We felt very comfortable and safe as we traveled in both Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo throughout the various marekt places. The obvious presence of both federal and military police gave us a sense of security that allowed us to go anywhere we wanted without concern. Love sharing our stories and pictures with family and friends. Highly recommend this hotel and destination.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lee m
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have been going here for the past 8 years and this Feb will make number 9..The Staff is wonderful and will go out of there way to please you and make sure you have a great vacation. I have gotten to meet many of the staff members and we are now email buddies as well. This place is great that is why we call this place out 2nd home

Room Tip: all the rooms are nice. We like to stay on the ocean front But really how much time do you spend in...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank brybs03
Presidente_Ixtapa, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Customer;

Thanks you for sharing your great experience in Tripadvisor.

We are sincerely happy that you choose our hotel as your second home !!! It is a privilege to welcome you and every year our staff are so happy to receive you again… And the most important for us is that you enjoy every moment of your stay. And for me, your feedback is important also your objectivity.

Thanks again and see you next year.

Best regards
The General Management.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Hotel stuff was excellent, anything outside the rooms was A+ food, pool, view, and room service. Room was below 2stars rating a/c not working properly, I requested to change my room, and they showed my at least 3 more rooms, but all rooms had the same problem. Not a nice problem to deal with in hot and humid weather. One more thing I hated that I was sent to a timeshares like presentation now they are calling it (vacational nights or noches vacacionales) so wrong when people is trying to relax and just have fun with their family. One thousand thanks to all the hotel stuff for their excellent service. (to the manager please address this problem so it will match your awesome people)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Javier B
Presidente_Ixtapa, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to post your comments in TA. Your feedback is very important for us and helps us to improve our service.

I am very happy to hear you enjoy the hotel with your family. Our staff is very focus on the service and always try to make you feel “home”. In reference of the food, our Chef prepares his menus to give to our guest a sample of the typical Mexican food and more especially from Guerrero. And our variety of buffet and a la carte restaurant, give you the opportunity to taste different cuisine (French, Italian, Sushi).

I am very surprise about your comment about the A/C, because usually our rooms have a good temperature for this latitude and my chief engineer did not report any problem with the A/C during your stay. And I imagine this inconvenient make you rating the room 2 stars because our rooms have all the facilities of 5 stars: 60m2, flat screen TVs, Safe deposit, duvet, iron board, etc…

In reference to the Club, after the check-in they give you all the information about the hotel´s facilities, the restaurant schedule, etc… And they will invite you to their presentation, but you are free to accept or not to assist.

Thank you again for your comments and I promise you that for your next stay you will not have any complain about the A/C or the Club.

Best regards,

SMC

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with 20 other coworkers for a management retreat. All of us work in hotels and know the importance of customer service and a comfortable and clean stay. This exceeded my expectations by far! All of the staff was incredibly courteous from the front desk to the maid to the concierge. We were always greated with a big smile and asking us what we were doing for the day and if they could help with anything. We knew the staff by name and they knew us by name! If I could take all of the staff and bring them back to my hotel I would! Each and every staff member was wonderful!

Room Tip: The presidential suite was beyond amazing so if you can splurge for it, its worth it!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sophiemonster
Presidente_Ixtapa, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking your time to post your comments in TripAdvisor. I am glad that you enjoy our customer service. Our staff is very focused on the service because we know that hospitality is synonym of “service” and a smile can make your day!!!

And if you take some staff from the Hotel, I would be very proud and sad at the same time because you will take with you part of the InterContinental Presidente Ixtapa Family.

Thank you again for you feedback and I hope to see you soon.

Best regards,

SMC

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had a terrible experience and should have written in sooner. They moved us 3 times. The first room had blood in the sink, had not been cleaned and had horrible black mold everywhere. The second room, same thing but it was late so my husband stayed on a cot and my daughter and I slept in the gross bed. The next day after hours of complaining they moved us to a balcony room - not much better and still horrible mold. We ended up with a bacterial infection in our stomaches from the food as well that took 3 months to recover from. Do not stay here! They didn't help us at all and then wanted to charge us for the upgraded room.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank anniversary33
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear anniversary33,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your stay. We are sincerely concerned when situations like these occur, and would like to investigate further. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional information about your stay.

Myrna M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 21, 2012

The buffet always was poorly organized as no one obey the line to get food and food was not always maintain nice looking. My room had the cable disconnected call front desk for service end up fixing it myself there never a follow up call on that as if they just blow the problem away. Last night power was out and no one was good to let us know what was the problem Never got an apologie for the inconvenience The hotel is just ok but nowhere close to 5 star

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Benjaminmartinez1000
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Benjaminmartinez1000,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the food the service you received during your stay. This is certainly not the impression we wish to project to our guests. I hope that you do not let this experience tarnish your faith in us. We take our customer reviews very seriously and really use them to better the quality and guests services we offer in the future.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixtapa
Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa
#7 of 22 in Ixtapa
Barcelo Ixtapa
Barcelo Ixtapa
#3 of 22 in Ixtapa

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Ixtapa? Share your experiences!