“The people make the difference”
Review of Krystal Ixtapa

Krystal Ixtapa
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Ixtapa
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We traveled in family in July 21th 2014. The hotel and the furniture are older and need maintenance. The wifi it's awful. You will have a good air conditioner from 7th floor. The people whose work there are so kindly so we stay glad for that. Thanks at all the personal that do a good job. Just for them we can enjoy our vacations.

Room Tip: Higher floor have a good A/C
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Remedios C
Liceth D, Public Relations Manager at Krystal Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2014

Hi

First of all let us thank you for left your comments about your stay with us, We are pleased to know that our staff helped you to have a good time during your vacation.

Please be sure that we will give them your compliments.

Hopping to see you the next vacations.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I apologize for the lateness of this review but as I am planning another trip I remembered how important they are - so better late than never.

This was our 13th time to Ixtapa and about our 7th time to the Krystal. We love the poolside staff. We usually do not go all inclusive becasue of all the great restaurants to eat dinner at across the street.

The poolside activities staff was wonderful to our 6 year and let him help lead arobics and volleyball.

Hotel is clean and comfortable. The breakfast and lunches are good but we haven't eaten supper there is a couple of years.

The weekend we were there was busy with Mexican Nationals enjoying the weekend. As soon as Monday rolled around the hotel was fairly empty.

I would recomend this hotel for a relaxing week in the sun. The hotel is not fancy but definatly adequate for a vacation that is spent outside. The weather is perfect 99.9% of the time. The beach is great for walking. Krystal is centrally located to all of the great restaurants across the street. We felt safe in Ixtapa the entire time.

I don't recall hearing any loud music as some other reviews have said.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank JeanGreenBay
Liceth D, Public Relations Manager at Krystal Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Hello

That's right, better late than never, first of all let us thank you for sharing your comments about the service, we are glad to hear that you spent a good time here and pleased to know that our staff helped, as always.

We'll be waiting for you on your next vacations to make a nice experience.

Thanks again

Reviewed May 29, 2014

The staff was friendly and accommodating. They are eager to please their guests. The rooms were clean and the property well cared for. The only reason I didn't give this a rating of 'excellent' was because our room was on the 4th floor above the sports bar. It was noisy on the weekends, which meant you weren't getting any sleep.

Room Tip: Request something away from the bar.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jennifer R
Liceth D, Public Relations Manager at Krystal Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Hello

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review with our future guest. We are so happy to hear that you had a nice experience at our resort and pleased to know that our staff helped you to have a good time during your vacation.
Please be sure that we will give them your compliments.

We would love to welcome you back once again... Let us pamper you as you deserve it.

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful location, great pool, service and a short walk to the beach. Jose waited on us the entire trip and I can honestly say he made my dads, my friend and myself's trip a great experience. He outdid himself! He found us lawn chairs when there wasn't any available and always greeted us with a smile on his face. He was always willing to chat about always cared about how we were doing. One of my favorite waiters ever. Definitely recommend him when you visit! The only problem I had was the shower. The shower would always randomly turn off for seconds and then turn back on. Besides that, great place!

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Breannbitar
Liceth D, Public Relations Manager at Krystal Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Hello

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. It is always a pleasure give you a nice stay.
We appreciate your kind comments on our staff service.We are working on the point you were saying.

For us it would be an honor to have you back. Let us pamper you as you deserve it.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We made our annual trip to Ixtapa in March to the Krystal Hotel for the 3rd year in a row. We have been to Ixtapa since 192 and we were not disappointed. The Hotel staff were great and I have to single out Liceth the Maître De Lobby for her wonderful attention to our comfort from before we arrived, during our stay, and helping a sick person in our group. Jose and Annanelle at poolside were entertaining and fun! The accommodations were good oabove the 7th floor and air cond. worked well. We stay on the European Plan to enjoy the restaurants in Ixtapa and Zih., but we were well attend to on this stay by all service employees. We would like to see the Swim up Bar reopened and a little more variety on the lunch menu, but we were pleased with our stay and look to be back again next year! Flights to Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo are hard to book and pricey!
Señor Dennis, UP Michigan

Room Tip: Book the European Plan
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Hello

First of all, let us thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the service. We are glad to hear that you spent a good vacations staying with us.We really care on our guest, we will waiting for you to give you a warm welcome.
Thanks again, come back soon and let us pamper you..

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed at the Krystal Ixtapa from February 6 to 20,2014. No hassle, friendly and comfortable trip. Staff at this hotel were all very friendly, easy to communicate with and seemed to enjoy their jobs. This hotel was extremely clean, accommodating and easy to get around. The beds were very clean and comfortable. Everything was spotless including the glass on the windows! Pool was cleaned 2x's/day, pool area was cleaned all day long. You did have to get up early to get some chairs poolside, fortunately for me some of my fellow travelers are early risers. You have to get there by 6:30a and stand in line for towels and pool floats. Food was plentiful and enjoyable. I met very good people and I made lots of friend from the USA (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, and many other places). In the evening you can take a short walk to the town and you will find lots of place to have fun and enjoy. I certainly come back to this place again..

Room Tip: Take rooms overlooking the ocean great view...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Carlos_Rosie
Liceth D, Public Relations Manager at Krystal Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Hello...

Thanks for let us know your comments about the service, we really take care on our guest. hope to see you the next vacations. Let us pamper you as you deserve it .

Best Regards

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stayed in ixtapa in January ya the Emporio, and now the Krystal in March. The Krystal is a much nicer resort by far. The room are average slightly outdated but very clean and the air conditioning works great. Not like the emporio 2 doors down. The food in the hotel had a much larger selection and for all inclusive they offered to ala cartes. Which the emporio has none. Bogarts restaurant which is an al a carte in some packages is by far a 5 star restaurant and I highly recommend. There are a lot of negative reviews about this resort like missing toilet seats in the lobby etc. I found no such issues. The front desk staff were speedy in the check in and out process, the maid service was wonderful, the place, lobby, pool area etc, was always clean. The staff very friendly and helpful. I would not rate it a 4.5 star because of its out dated qualities like the big old Tvs and the wifi is very un reliable even in the lobby. Overall, I would return here, where I would not return to the Emporio. The population is probably 80% Mexican at this resort when I was there but that may bother some but not me. Be careful that not all things are all inclusive. Just ask. The mini bars/fridge in the rooms are locked. When we asked to have the fridge unlocked we were told it would be 50 pesos per day, crazy I thought to pay for the use of a fridge to keep my water cold. Not true, it would be 50 pesos per day if I used the contents of the mini bar. Which I did not. I was not charged to use the fridge. Be a smart traveller and just ask questions before you assume everything is all inclusive. That was the only weird quirk I ran into and would still highly recommend this resort. This area is very old so expect that things are a bit old and outdated, but really, you have miles of beaches, sun and sand, who cares if you have an old tv or new, how much time do you spend in your room?

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean view don't offer to pay extra for it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Karen B
Liceth D, Public Relations Manager at Krystal Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Hi!!

We are glad to hear that you had a really good vacation on your stay here..hope to see you soon and do not forget that we are here to pamper you.... Have an excellent week..

Thanks for your comments!!