3,841 results
All reviews iguana building circus team chief of the village family vacation sol suites white night beach boy flying trapeze crazy signs jean marc land sports big d fitness instructor music factory baby food deluxe family room luna azul
Reviewed 4 days ago

Chef de Village Jose Luis - great job making the village such an inviting place to relax, explore and create great new memories. This CdV makes you feel like family! You feel his energy in the staff and throughout the resort. Miami needs to find more Jose Luis-types to be CdV.

Some CONS: Outside of the older room decor and fairly used up towels, you will enjoy this village with all the friendly GOs and attentive GEs on staff. Yes, there's really only one resto but they mix up the offerings enough to keep things interesting. House wine isn't great likely due to heat, but a la carte bottles are very reasonable. Balconies are wood planks so stuff falls through and not always great being on a lower balcony but that's minor.

PROS for me: CdV, MiniClub Staff - super awesome. Beautiful location 20-30min from airport. It's like a tropical undeveloped version of Santa Monica CA. Perfect weather (always 31C & sunny), Perfect sunsets daily!!!

BIG Thanks to ROCIO in food services team, who recognized us when we arrived early evening on White Night and saved us seats at a great table. She's been friendly, very helpful and courteous and fantastic with our kids who she also remembered from her days as a MiniClub GO.

Travelling with a 5 and 11yo, I can say Family CM's like Ixtapa need to deliver quality service and it DOES!! - Kudos FRANK & MAYA (from Brazil who also left) and to their MiniClub Gecko GOs have made our kids feel special! JOSE super genuine and thoughtful and making time for our 5yo, JAVI (Love his Pirate day act) what positive energy, ILSE has been fantastic - playful and making sure our son was always having fun, we miss ROY who has moved on since January, JENNY has always been fantastic. Anytime your 5yo gets VIP treatment from so many staff, that just makes their trip incredibly special.

A fond memory this trip was Eden hosting karaoke night. My wife, 11yo son and I had a blast with our friends on the mic.

Special thanks to our fav GO EDUARDO who took the time to give us a private welcome at arrival and showed us to our room, remembering we were returning this Spring Break... great welcome from a GO we've kept in touch with since his first first days at CM Cancun.

We were also here for New Years and had a great time. This time around for Spring Break, it's been the perfect get away. You will love the setting... mountain backdrop, nice stretch of beach in a cove. Lots of green spaces.

We continue to choose CM because for the outstanding family services, GO staff and locations. When your kids dream of going to CM because of how awesome the MiniClub staff are with positive energy, activities, interaction, attention... well, then us parents get to enjoy our vacation WORRY-FREE.

Side Note: One thing we've notice over the course of our 3 stays in the past 12months here at Ixtapa is the service level of resto GE staff has improved dramatically (very attentive this stay) & we never get sick at a CM which means the handling and cleanup is top notch - good job food services team.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

We spent spring break at club med in Ixtapa . The weather was wonderful as was the whole club layout. Having been to several club meds , same time of year, same family , I wasn’t “wow’d”.

However one GO , Galileo, was exceptional in making us have a great time enjoying the water sports . He was genuinely interested and went above and beyond to understand our interests in order to plan out our week . He gave us some really good tips which developped into lifetime memories . I’m addition he never made me lift a finger whether putting the cat in the water or taking it out . He’ did it every time with his signature smile from ear to ear .

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 5 days ago

My husband and 15mo son just returned from a 6 night stay at Club Med Ixtapa. We had a good, but not perfect stay. The resort location and weather are beautiful. We upgraded our room when we got there and the front desk did a great job with that. Also, it was my husband's birthday and the GO's helped me surprise him with a cake at dinner, that was awesome. Our sun went to Baby Club, and this was AMAZING, I can't thank Belagamma, Ana and the other baby club GO's enough for taking such wonderful care of our son so we had some time to relax. We also did babysitting one night and PJ club one night so we could have dinner on our own, and this was great. They do a good job making sure you have everything you need for baby- a bathtub, stroller, pack & play, etc. when you arrive, which is awesome. Also, tons of milk, cereal, baby food/snacks available.
My main complaint about this resort is that there really is just one restaurant (that is a buffet) and a snack bar (with burgers, fries, chicken nuggets). The snack bar was open a few nights as an a la carte dinner restaurant, and we went twice (the nights we had babysitting/PJ club). Other than those two meals every meal for a week was at the same buffet, which I really got tired of. Now, this is good buffet food, but when you have a 15 mo old it is really hard to go to a buffet and have everyone sitting down at the same time and eat a relaxing meal. The other a la cart restaurant is still closed (I knew it was closed when I booked 6 months ago but expected it to be open by now). They say it is under renovations- but it really didn't look like anything was happening. I would not come back here unless I knew there were going to be more dining options. Other thing was that the wine they had included was really not very good.

Review collected in partnership with Club Med
Reviewed 1 week ago

We spend 8 days in Club Med Ixtapa..
My kids went to the junior Club - thank you so much to the Junior GO Cynthia ! She was amazing with the kids - Bravo !
Also to the Circus Team - All of them who make my daughter feel special and btw amazing Circus show !
Thank you to Annie and Mitch - who make tennis learning fun ! Alex and your Team ! Leilani Divina ! Ben ! bravo ! to all the sport Team ! Marifer and all the animation Team
Thank you Mauricio ! amazing team and staff and very good food !
Bravo Fernando for the amazing shows ! you make the Go Team shine on stage
Bravo to the all ... it will not have space to mention all the Go Team
You all make us feel at home. Thank you so much and special thank you to the chief of village Jose Luis !!
Thank you thank you ! Gracias de todo corazon !

1  Thank Annie M
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Thank you, Jose Luis and your GO Team, for a wonderful week on the Pacific. The team was very friendly & engaging. The beach is perfect for families. Plenty of activities on & off site. We stayed in a beachfront suite in the Sol building. My family especially enjoyed the restaurant, the evening shows, the flying trapeze, and the tennis program. Went deep sea fishing with 'Mike' on a beautiful day.

Trip type: Traveled with family