“They know service”

and 1 more site!
Club Med Ixtapa Pacific
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Ixtapa
Reviewed October 15, 2009

My new wife and I spent our honeymoon at the resort. From beginning to end, the staff was friendly and helpful. The room was wonderful, the view spectacular, and the food exquisite. Eduardo, the Chef du Village, has a well-trained and friendly staff. Our trip was in the off-season, so there was not much of a crowd, but everyone was great.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 15, 2009

We've been to this particular resort every year for the past 4 years. Twice in 2008! We loved it and couldn't wait to come back each year. Jean Marc was amazing and the staff was superb.
However, this past August was substandard. We went for 10 days and found that Jean Marc was no longer the Chief. The staff had changed as they do, but the change wasn't for the better. The activity staff were apathetic at best. Some were rude & gave us attitude for simple requests. Some staffers even complained to us about their jobs. At the pool I requested extra umbrellas every morning at my lounge chair and the pool guy made me feel as though I was inconveniencing him. So one day I gave him a $5 tip for moving umbrellas and the next morning when he saw me looking for umbrellas, he went the other way leaving me to drag them myself. Our suite had bugs on the floor and ceiling daily. The swimming pools were too hot to swim in!
We came home thinking about where else we could go for our annual family vacation, which was such a bummer. The food is awesome though! But again, when I asked for more sashimi from the slicing person, I got attitude and an unfriendly look. I felt the need to tell her I was sharing it with my kids. It's all you can eat, why should I explain??
Yes, disappointed. One GO from mini club was awesome... Thanks Fernanda!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2009

We were there for a week with our family. It was very relaxing especially since the resort was at low capacity. Overall, it's not a four-star resort but solid enough to enjoy your time there. I've been to one other all-inclusive (El Dorado Royale in Mexican Riviera) that had better service and food/alcohol so I would recommend that instead of this resort unless you are traveling with family (El Dorado does not all children).

Quick summary of some core areas:

Room: We were in an ocean view room in the Pajaro suites. It was decent although a bit of mildew smell. It's nice that the children have their own room. Too bad they don't have balconies on the rooms. Upside is location is close to central area and pool.

Activities: Since it was at low capacity many of the activities/events could not happen since there weren't participants. However, you still have options such kayak, sail, trapeze, archery, etc.

Beach: The beach is nice and sandy with cabanas. The water itself is quite warm but murky. The Pacific side of Mexico does not have the blue/green vibrant colors of the Gulf side. The nice part is that it's a sandy bottom when heading in the ocean.

Food: Very good although it gets a bit repetitive eating at the Encanto (buffet). The other restraurants were only open once each during our stay. It would have been nice to have more variety. The alcohol served was OK. Definitely not top shelf.

Mini-Club Med/Petite Club Med: Excellent GOs who care about the kids. Very cool option of having the flexibility to drop off kids when you want to and enjoy some alone time.

Pools: There is one large pool (5'10") depth and one kiddie pool. Both are great and you can easily move between the two pools.

Overall, solid offering for a family vacation. September is a bit hot in Ixtapa but the low capacity makes it seem like you have a resort to yourself.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank mordy
Reviewed October 12, 2009

The food from the daily buffet was great, the restaurants, Miramar and Luna were incredible, the games and sports were super fun and most importantly, the staff was exceptional - My daughter was the only teenager there because it was an off season but she still had a great time!! The rooms are basic and nothing special; Club med is about being amongst the people, trying different activites and experiencing/learning about new cultures.

I want to say thank you to all the GOs who made my trip extra special - The club was practically empty but you guys are an amazing group and I had a blast.

Special shout out to the best GOs!!
- Eduardo (Chief)
- John Black (Head Chef)
- Sheik (chef)
- Marie-Soleil (kids club)
- Topher (sports)
- Lucas (Trapeze)
- Benny (Trapeze)
- Eden (DJ)
- Daniella (Intern)

Hope I didn't forget anyone!
Regards,
Jeremy
Saratoga Springs, New York

ps
Look me up on FaceBook ;-)

Reviewed October 12, 2009

If you are looking for a an amazing family vacation this is the resort to go to! Kids club staff are wonderful, funny, warm and so inviting to the kids. The kids really get to know them, see them during the day, and then at night in the shows. The Circus show on Friday night was truly unbelievable. I was blown away. To see Benny, Lucas, Reah, Topher, Marlena all day working hard with the kids at the trapeze or pool, then to see them in a cirque de soleil esq show was so surprising. The staff is soo energetic all day and night long. They really make the kids feel special and welcome. The food (thx to Chef John Black and Chef Sheik) is superb! Different choices all week, and food your kids will love. We can't wait to book our next trip with Club Med. Thanks for everything Edwardo! What a memorable vacation! Ps if your going look at your pics every night and safe them, don't wait until the last min. like we did, then there are too many to choose from!

Reviewed October 11, 2009

We just came back from a great one-week vacation at Club Med. It was a wonderful vacation. We traveled with two small kids (3 and 6 years old) and they really enjoyed their trip. It was great to be able to drop off the kids at the kids' club and not worry about them. The ratio of kids to GOs was like 1 to 1 or better as this was the off-season. We didn't do a lot of activities as this was a no-stress beach vacation for us. But we did go swimming with the dolphins. That was really nice as we had the whole show to ourselves and we got to spend more then the normal amount of time with the dolphins.

We stayed in a two-room family suite overlooking the ocean. I'm glad we upgraded to a suite as the layout of the room was very handy.

We're already thinking about where to go for our next Club Med trip.

Reviewed October 11, 2009

I just got back from my amazing trip to Club Med Ixtapa! What an incredible time we had! We have 2 young children - 5yo & 21/2yo! They were definitely entertained every single day. There is a totally flexible Kids Club. You can drop your kids off and pick them up at any time so for parents that want some down time sans kids, but still want a vacation with the family, having this flexibility is fantastic!

I can not say enough great things about the staff. ALL of them were incredibly nice and want WAY above and beyond for the entire family. We'd spend some time at the kids club where the totally energetic care takers were dressed up in costumes performing, doing a scavenger hunt or just interacting with the kids - all in 100 degree weather. I'm not sure where they get their energy day in and day out. Also the performances that were put on each night were a hit for the kids and family!

I never thought that an all inclusive would be for me, but surprisingly, knowing that I could sample lots of foods and adult beverages and not feel the choke of that bill at the end of the trip definitely put my mind at ease!

Also, if you can find another family to travel with, that's even more fun!

I didn't give the resort 5 stars because I thought the rooms would be a little more updated or clean. But it's Mexico and it's by far the cleanest place I have stayed in Mexico to date!

Overall, I'd do it again in a heart beat!