3,504 results
All reviewsiguana buildingchief of the villagefamily vacationcircus teambeach boysol suitesjean marcwhite nightflying trapezecrazy signsfitness classesland sportsbaby foodmain restaurantluna azulsports activitiesmusic factory
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had handled reservations for an extended family of 9, which broke down into 4 rooms. Knowing we would be traveling over spring break, we booked over 6 months in advance. This advanced booking repaid itself in spades; I received a call about 3 weeks before departing from Club Med saying they would upgrade all the rooms to suites due to booking so early, and the hotel being at capacity.

That said, we have stayed at Club Med Cancun before, and we will likely book another vacation with them again. I would definitely pay the difference to stay in a suite in the future. The rooms were immaculate. Beach front. Stocked refrigerator. Beautiful bathroom (& tub...very helpful with a 1 year old who is not yet fond of showers).

The biggest impression left on me regarding the suites was the unbelievable service. Magda & Claudia were incredible when my baby got sick 3 days into our 7 night stay. They called the doctor out within an hour (Dr. Olivia - I thought she was a very good doctor; I was aghast at having to call in a doctor in a foreign country), constantly checked on my son, had his prescription back at the hotel within an hour of the doctor leaving. He came down with strep throat with an accompanying 103.6 degree fever, and it was pretty frightening for us to have a sick baby on the trip. The staff did everything they could to make us feel comfortable.

Due to his being ill, we were not able to take advantage of the Baby Club. Since my parents-in-law had paid for the trip, I felt horribly that we weren't able to utilize the service they paid for. I asked Magda for a refund to their account. She promptly took it to her supervisor, who then took it up the chain; in 2 days a refund had been approved and applied.

The food in the main restaurant was typical buffet. I thought it was repetitious but I'm not a big eater, so it didn't matter much to me. The variety sufficed for me.

When we went to the pool, we chose the "Quiet Pool" over by the suites (Sol building). It was probably much cleaner and hardly ever had anyone else in it. The beach was gorgeous. No big waves (we're from coastal Southern California so I suppose that's all relative, but it seemed very calm to me). When waves did come in, they were good for fun boogie boarding.

This trip was not as enjoyable as it could have been due to my son's illness, but I will say Club Med went WAY up and beyond expectations as far as service. I wish I could have done the trapeze, rock climbing, sailing etc etc...it was just not meant to be. I will say, however, their service & attentiveness has definitely won them our repeat business. I look forward to returning to a Club Med resort next year!

Thank you all!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
clubmedofficial, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear daisies1,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Club Med. We are so glad that our staff was helpful with your son’s illness and that everything was done to ensure his safety and comfort. We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our beachfront suites. Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Best spring break ever! Just back from an amazing week in Ixtapa – our second visit with our four children (ages 6 and under). Our entire brood, including our two-year old twins, had a blast. Thank you Remy and the amazing staff for creating a resort that pampers guests of all ages. My husband and I enjoyed quality pool, beach, spa, and exercise time while our children thrived in the Mini- and baby (Petit)-clubs. Staff in the Petit Club deserves a resounding shout-out for the loving attention they provided my busy twins. Thank you Vania, Selene, Pedro, Cecy, Lilian, Gaby, Daniela, Monse, and Nayeli. And also thanks to Alexis, Ana, Cari, Flor and everyone else in the Gecko and Iguana Mini Club groups who paid special attention to my older two children.

A few tips for families – try to do a Saturday to Saturday visit since the majority of families visit those days and it helps to send your little ones to Mini Club on Sunday to meet the other kids; take advantage of the ability to send kids to dinner with Mini Club – my older two loved dining without mom and dad; encourage kids’ participation in the shows and attend the 4:30 p.m. family activity (and don’t forget your camera!); and for those with infants/babies, the in-room p.m. babysitters are amazing – we were fortunate to have Patchy watch the twins on both our visits. The staff’s enthusiasm and caretaking coupled with the spectacular weather and setting meant this mom came home tanned, rejuvenated, and relaxed. What more could spring break provide!

Room Tip: Recommend one of the suites if traveling with little ones. Nice for kiddos to be in an adjoinig room.

Dear Beth M,
Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent Club Med Ixtapa Pacific stay. We are pleased to hear that both you and your family enjoyed a pampered vacation. Also, we love hearing that our staff left an impression on your stay and helped every member of the family have a fulfilling experience with our spas, kids clubs, and beaches. Once again, thank you for writing a review and we can’t wait to see you again.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Our family (a group of 10 ranging from age 5 to 72) does an all-inclusive trip every year for the past 10 years. This was our first time to a Club Med and we loved it. We took advantage of almost everything they had to offer. Between the yoga (I took 5 classes), zumba (wow, that was tough), trapeze, tennis, tight rope, trampoline, water polo, various classes, ceramics, the basketball court, soccer field, pool and beach - we did it all! If I lived there, I'd be in some shape! We also went surfing - check that off the bucket list! We were so active but it didn't feel like that, it was just plain old fun for all of us! The food was fantastic! One of the restaurants was closed because it was rented out by a big group but that didn't bother us. The people that work there work so hard but they really don't seem to mind the hours they put in and are so willing to be helpful! Stephanie, the fitness/yoga instructor is just wonderful. Raul, at Mirmar Restaurant was absolutely the best! Javier and Hugo were both great too! There was one guy that seemed to be very involved in soccer, fitness and did the pool activities (I think his name started with a Q) that was fabulous and I really enjoyed looking at him! My sister enoyed the spa and said it was fabulous. My 5 year old told me that he never wanted to leave because the beds were so comfortable! I pretty much think we are sold on the whole Club Med thing and will opt to go to these properties from now on! Great job to all!!

Room Tip: We had Delux rooms - which are great because there is a seperation between the parents and the kids... just the perfect amount of privacy!

Dear Sheila G,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Club Med. We love hearing about families that truly take advantage of their stay at our resorts. We are so glad that your entire family found themselves having a good time with our amenities from the spa, to the trapeze, and to surfing. Again, thank you for writing a review and we look forward to your next Club Med stay.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been twice to Club Med IXTAPA. I think the first time we enjoyed it more than the second mainly because of the time of year and our accommodations. The location is unbeatable because the beachfront property is absolutely beautiful. If you're looking for a high end romantic couples getaway, this isn't the place, but if you're looking for family fun in the sun and a place to relax while your kids are at daycare or flying on a trapezes.....this is the place. Great for family vacations, easy and social. You can fill your trip with fun adventure or do what I did.......which was absolutely nothing except swim and lay in the sun.

Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
*Staff is amazing, fun, happy, accommodating, they do their best to go above and beyond
*the daycare for babies and toddlers is wonderful, trustworthy and fun for the kids. They do crafts, bake cookies, go on adventure walks...my daughter Ava loved it! She fussed at first and then loved it!
* The food is great for a "buffet style" dining. The restaurant dining was very good too! The coffee is to die for! Lol!
The rooms by the iguana field are the best location. staying there made a difference in our overall experience. The second time we stayed in the accommodations across the way from the entrance. The walk was far and too much cement....not a very fun walk but ok.
*tones of things to do for the kids....toddlers, teens etc...
*beach is beautiful!

Cons:
* There are limitations and rules when booking rooms. My husband and I were not allowed to have my mom stay with us in our two bedroom three bed room. Only two adults per room? We had to book my mom her own room. Normally that would have been fine but we wanted her to help with the baby at night.
* I find the floors in the rooms very slippery. My daughter Ava 2yrs old, slipped and fell many times. We had to put towels all over the floors for her not to slip.
* the second time we book during March Break. The hotel was waaaay too busy, and a bit hectic. Restaurants were booked up fast and we missed out on many things because we didn't reserve fast enough.
* They allow guests to save chairs and beds by the pool with towels and belongings etc....so many times we would go down to the pool in the morning with nowhere to sit because everything was "saved" .....at the same time THERE WERE NO PEOPLE IN SIGHT? Lol!

Overall we enjoyed our stay with Ava. She loved it! Bring MANY diapers because they didn't have many extra when we were there!

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear TANYAMEMME,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent Club Med stay. We appreciate your comments and they will be passed on to the proper management. However, we’re so glad that you enjoyed the food and drinks, and that your daughter benefitted from, and enjoyed, our babysitting service. Thank you for writing a review once again, and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Last summer I wrote a very different review based on my "challenging" experience with Club Med US phone/email customer service (not at the club, but the folks on the US customer service [complaint] line.) My experience with US customer service has not changed -- terrible and no satisfactory resolution. However, based on the excellent service of the resort staff themselves during our last stay, we decided to give the resort itself another shot, and we're extremely happy we did.

Spent a beautiful week with my family -- including 2 boys, 6 & 3 -- and enjoyed absolutely excellent service by the team in Ixtapa. Really, everyone there does all they can to make the week the best possible for their customers. From the Mini-club and Petit club staff who my sons couldn't break themselves away, to the tennis/fitness and all other sports instructors, to the food (unbelievably good) and to the senior management staff of Remy and Christian, we could't help but be impressed at how an 800 person club can meet everyone's needs so well. I travel internationally regularly for work and have had the chance to stay in beautiful hotels all around the world. But the whole team at Ixtapa is incredibly impressive at how they keep such a well oiled maching going 7 days a week, with lots of rambunctious families, differing needs and requests, and they make everyone feel as if they have had their own personal vacation.

Kids couldn't get enough of kid's club.
Nice spectrum of sports and good, fun instructors.
Food honestly was amazing.
Pool and beach were great.
Evening entertainment different every night of the week, full spectrum, well formatted with early show for kids, later show for adults, making the most of outside/inside.
Rooms were great. It's not a newly minted W hotel, but my kids wouldn't know what to do in the W anyway.

If you've got young kids and want a whole family vacation, I couldn't recommend this resort more highly.

Room Tip: If you want to be close to kids club, go for Iguana building. But we stayed in the building just north of the restaurant which also had family rooms and that worked even better for us as we walked to breakfast first thing in the morning.
1  Thank Nicole C

Dear Nicole C,
Thank you for writing a review on your recent Club Med Ixtapa Pacific stay. We appreciate your in-depth description of your vacation because it only helps us to continually improve our resort. It’s always a great pleasure to hear that our staff was able to meet the individual needs of your family and add to the overall experience of your trip. We love hearing that your enjoyed the food, the pool and beach, and the kids clubs. Again, thank you for writing a review and we look forward to your return.