3,505 results
All reviewsiguana buildingchief of the villagefamily vacationcircus teambeach boysol suitesjean marcwhite nightflying trapezecrazy signsfitness classesland sportsbaby foodmain restaurantluna azulsports activitiesmusic factory
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been twice to Club Med IXTAPA. I think the first time we enjoyed it more than the second mainly because of the time of year and our accommodations. The location is unbeatable because the beachfront property is absolutely beautiful. If you're looking for a high end romantic couples getaway, this isn't the place, but if you're looking for family fun in the sun and a place to relax while your kids are at daycare or flying on a trapezes.....this is the place. Great for family vacations, easy and social. You can fill your trip with fun adventure or do what I did.......which was absolutely nothing except swim and lay in the sun.

Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
*Staff is amazing, fun, happy, accommodating, they do their best to go above and beyond
*the daycare for babies and toddlers is wonderful, trustworthy and fun for the kids. They do crafts, bake cookies, go on adventure walks...my daughter Ava loved it! She fussed at first and then loved it!
* The food is great for a "buffet style" dining. The restaurant dining was very good too! The coffee is to die for! Lol!
The rooms by the iguana field are the best location. staying there made a difference in our overall experience. The second time we stayed in the accommodations across the way from the entrance. The walk was far and too much cement....not a very fun walk but ok.
*tones of things to do for the kids....toddlers, teens etc...
*beach is beautiful!

Cons:
* There are limitations and rules when booking rooms. My husband and I were not allowed to have my mom stay with us in our two bedroom three bed room. Only two adults per room? We had to book my mom her own room. Normally that would have been fine but we wanted her to help with the baby at night.
* I find the floors in the rooms very slippery. My daughter Ava 2yrs old, slipped and fell many times. We had to put towels all over the floors for her not to slip.
* the second time we book during March Break. The hotel was waaaay too busy, and a bit hectic. Restaurants were booked up fast and we missed out on many things because we didn't reserve fast enough.
* They allow guests to save chairs and beds by the pool with towels and belongings etc....so many times we would go down to the pool in the morning with nowhere to sit because everything was "saved" .....at the same time THERE WERE NO PEOPLE IN SIGHT? Lol!

Overall we enjoyed our stay with Ava. She loved it! Bring MANY diapers because they didn't have many extra when we were there!

• Stayed: March 2013
clubmedofficial, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear TANYAMEMME,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent Club Med stay. We appreciate your comments and they will be passed on to the proper management. However, we’re so glad that you enjoyed the food and drinks, and that your daughter benefitted from, and enjoyed, our babysitting service. Thank you for writing a review once again, and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Last summer I wrote a very different review based on my "challenging" experience with Club Med US phone/email customer service (not at the club, but the folks on the US customer service [complaint] line.) My experience with US customer service has not changed -- terrible and no satisfactory resolution. However, based on the excellent service of the resort staff themselves during our last stay, we decided to give the resort itself another shot, and we're extremely happy we did.

Spent a beautiful week with my family -- including 2 boys, 6 & 3 -- and enjoyed absolutely excellent service by the team in Ixtapa. Really, everyone there does all they can to make the week the best possible for their customers. From the Mini-club and Petit club staff who my sons couldn't break themselves away, to the tennis/fitness and all other sports instructors, to the food (unbelievably good) and to the senior management staff of Remy and Christian, we could't help but be impressed at how an 800 person club can meet everyone's needs so well. I travel internationally regularly for work and have had the chance to stay in beautiful hotels all around the world. But the whole team at Ixtapa is incredibly impressive at how they keep such a well oiled maching going 7 days a week, with lots of rambunctious families, differing needs and requests, and they make everyone feel as if they have had their own personal vacation.

Kids couldn't get enough of kid's club.
Nice spectrum of sports and good, fun instructors.
Food honestly was amazing.
Pool and beach were great.
Evening entertainment different every night of the week, full spectrum, well formatted with early show for kids, later show for adults, making the most of outside/inside.
Rooms were great. It's not a newly minted W hotel, but my kids wouldn't know what to do in the W anyway.

If you've got young kids and want a whole family vacation, I couldn't recommend this resort more highly.

Room Tip: If you want to be close to kids club, go for Iguana building. But we stayed in the building just north of the restaurant which also had family rooms and that worked even better for us as we walked to breakfast first thing in the morning.
1  Thank Nicole C

Dear Nicole C,
Thank you for writing a review on your recent Club Med Ixtapa Pacific stay. We appreciate your in-depth description of your vacation because it only helps us to continually improve our resort. It’s always a great pleasure to hear that our staff was able to meet the individual needs of your family and add to the overall experience of your trip. We love hearing that your enjoyed the food, the pool and beach, and the kids clubs. Again, thank you for writing a review and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We just returned from our second trip to Club Med Ixtapa. We were again amazed at the wonderful staff and fun atmosphere. It is just the perfect place for a family (our kids are 8 and 9) get away. Christine from Montreal was an amazing GO. She was so friendly and helpful with all of my questions and supporting our children in a few moments of shyness. The entire staff is friendly and work hard to make your trip wonderful, but she really stood out! The trapeze crew and Remy were terrific. The food is awesome! The dinner on the lawn was lovely. The turtle release was so cool!

Room Tip: The Iguana building is perfect for families using the kids clubs and is close to everything. The club rooms are perfect for families. Unless you have a stroller or special needs, I recommend the 2nd or 3rd floors.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear gslw,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Club Med. We are so happy to hear that your family had such a great time at your second visit to our resort with the trapeze and turtle release. We are also glad to hear that our staff was able to enhance the experience for every member of the family, especially for the children. Thank you again for writing a review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had never been to a Club med before, and never an all-inclusive with my family. It exceeded our expectations in every way! The staff was super friendly and helpful. The resort was beautiful with plenty of time to either rest, relax, swim, or take in the multitude of activities. There is always something for everyone.. kids, teens, or adults. We also had a couple of excursions off-property which we all enjoyed. The food was plentiful (as were the non-stop offering of beverages which were included), but the food was pretty good too, and all cooked/baked onsite.

Things to note as well: It gets HOT in Ixtapa! It was 90 every day, and 70 at night. I wouldn't want to go after April. It would be very uncomfortable to do anything outside. The pool is warm (probably 5-6 degrees warmer than it would be to call it refreshing), but not sure how to handle that in the weather. I don't believe the pool is probably heated other than by the sun. The ocean is warm too, which is why any later than April would be ridiculously hot even in the water.
The only thing I saw as a downside (and I'm being very picky here), is that people "save" lounge chairs by the pool early every morning. I never saw people packed in those lounges, but if you didn't have your lounge "saved" by 7:30am at the latest, you were out of luck the rest of the day. There are signs saying that you must be in the chairs after one hour (in other words, no saving), but it's not enforced. Arrive at 9am? Too bad, you get no chair all day, even though you may not see people in many of them.

Overall, we were very pleased and would consider going to a club med again (though maybe try a different resort next time as variety).

Room Tip: Ask for something close to what your favorite activities are (tennis, basketball, dining room, beach, etc). It can be a trek from one end of the resort to the other.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was our third Family Spring Break at Club Med Ixtapa, and the team continues to impress. Our children (two 7 year-old Iguanas and one 16 year-old Teen) had great experiences with the children's programs, which were supported by Kari and Genesis. The energy and enthusiasm brought by the Club Med team is amazing to see as they are truly committed to making every single day "the best day ever" (which is a theme we have incorporated on the adult side, but only have energy to truly deliver 1x a week). We received tremendous beach service from Alexis and Felipe along with great dining experiences with the help of Alber, Mariscol, and Selene. Our kids truly enjoyed the work of the Trapeze team (both of the youngsters participated this year) along with sailing and archery. We also enjoyed the nightly entertainment, topped off with Christian's enthusiastic renditions of "crazy signs". This was a great vacation for our family!

Room Tip: We use a Club Family Room which has two adjoining rooms separated by a swinging door. It has a large shared bathroom, plenty of storage space, with room to sleep 3 kids in one room and adults in the other room. We request a room close to the Iguanas which helps with daily logistics.

Dear JPluimer,
Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent Club Med stay. There’s nothing that makes us happier than returned Club Med veterans! We are pleased to hear that our staff was energetic and added an extra dynamic to your stay. We are also glad to hear that your children took full advantage of our archery, trapeze, and sailing amenities. Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again on your next family spring break!