“Great place”

and 1 more site!
Club Med Ixtapa Pacific
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Ixtapa
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I enjoyed everything about Club Med when i stayed there last year. I loved their dining room and liked the dining/eating in different areas of Club Med and the different themes. I also liked their lemonade.
However, when i booked the place, the internet advertising said $750 and i thought that it was a great deal... the catch $750 double occupancy when we talked to the reservation desk.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank 618Mashael618
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear 618Mashael618,
Thank you for sharing about your stay at our Club Med Ixtapa resort. We're so glad to know you enjoyed your stay and that you found our dining options to be excellent. We apologize for any inconvenience as this is not the norm for Club Med, and please know we are currently addressing the concern you have mentioned. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope you visit again in the near future!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Having visited many places for vacation, we have just visited Ixtapa for the 4th time. Our two children are now 7 and 5, and as many others have commented, the mini club, layout or the complex and staff are terrific. I recommend this location as the best family resort in Mexico to everyone I know. The sunsets are fantastic, and the beach is easily big enough. We have tended to stay in the suites, which are more expensive, but are right on the beach front. On balance, we think it is worth the difference in price, although all of the accommodation is very good. Of note this year is Agustin in in the mini club - no one could do more for the children, and Magda at the Suites reception, for whom nothing was too much trouble. If you have children, and are thinking Mexico, Club Med Ixtapa is the benchmark.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear jhimmens,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our Ixtapa resort. We love when our guests have an amazing experience and we're thrilled to hear this was your fourth time visiting our resort! We're also so glad our staff, beach and Mini Club exceeded your expectations. Thank you again for posting a review, and we hope you return soon!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is the 2nd time my husband and I visited along with most of my coworkers. Fist time, there was 14 of us, this time, only 10. We did notice some things that were different, but it was still fun and beautiful. The GO staff was great!
Carlos in the dinning room - he always had a smile on his face and is very down to earth. He even taught us some new dance moves. Everyone from my group loved him :)
Christian, (ACOV) was absolutley great. Easy going, fun, good dancer and always got the crowd involved. He had alot of energy and we loved his skits he did in some of the shows.
Maureen, Patrick, Rolando and Joe from the trapeze were very friendly and helpful while learning. And of course, not hard to look at :)
Remy, (COV) was very firndly and accomodating - we was everywhere.
Stepanie, (fitness instructor), she had soo much energy. If you looking for a workout, she will give you one. I don't know how she does it ALL. And she's older than you think folks! :) She's very sweet.
Tonio and Dan down in Archery were very friendly. Always with a smile and both funny.
So many to mention, but can only remember faces.

Our room was clean and we liked when the geckos would visit our porch - there so cute. The only thing that was bummer was, not being able to open my window and hear the ocean because the bugs would come in (needed screens).

My husband and I talked about coming back on our own. We really enjoy doing the hobicat sailing, kayaking, and archery. This year, we also did the zip linning and swam with the dolphins, which I loved.
Can't wait to do it again

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tami K

Dear Tami K,
Thank you for posting a review about our Club Med Ixtapa resort. We're so glad you had a fantastic stay and that you found our staff and facilities to be great. It also makes us happy to hear you enjoyed so many of the activities we have to offer like kayaking, sailing and archery. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts, and we hope to see you for a third visit soon!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We have two children (1 year old and 3 year old) and they both went to the Baby Club / Petit Club. We were truly amazed by the professionalism and the love that the GO's showed them. Thanks you so much Dora, Alina, Ana, Laura, Narci, Eva, Patchy, Nayeli and Vania! I know its a long list of names, but it was a big team. I was suprised to see, for example, that their was one GO for every child when they went to the small pool.

The events, activities and parties were also quite impressive. They organize a great birthay party for my one year old, on friday night supper was served outside (it was like a wedding!) and many other fun events were held.

2  Thank Sayeh S
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Sayeh S,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our Ixtapa resort. It makes us so happy you had a wonderful experience and that our Petit Club and staff exceeded your every expectation. We're also pleased to know you found our entertainment and activities to be terrific. We hope you visit again in the near future!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is our fourth visit to Club Med since 2010 and our second to Ixtapa and the weather was perfect!

We are not sure if we can put into words what a wonderful vacation this was on so many levels but we'll try...

First, what makes Club Med stand apart from all other vacations … the GOs. They work so hard and long and always with a smile! Get to know them! They come from varied backgrounds and each have a great story to tell.

Circus:

Patrick, Maureen, Joe (Brazil), Salgado, Rolando, and Joe (Mexico). They are wonderful, down to earth, fun people. We had the pleasure of dining with Patrick, Rolando, Joe (Brazil), Salgado and Maureen. They are so talented and hospitable and have a great sense of humor and bring a tremendous amount of positive energy wherever you may see them. They absolutely love what they do and love to share it with all the guests. We wish them all the best and hope to see them all again. We had the privilege to see the newest circus show and it was FANTASTIC! Truly an amazing production. Both, my husband (who went to trapeze everyday for 2 hours) and oldest son (who is totally hooked as well) participated in the evening flying trapeze show and had a fabulous unforgettable time. Our youngest son also loves trapeze and can’t wait until he’s 11 so he can be “caught.” Applauso to the Circus Team!

Tennis:

Jhonny, Javier. We had so much fun with them every morning, laughing and learning the game of tennis. They are fantastic and patient instructors. We were fortunate to have Javier as an instructor the previous year and he remembered us and Jhonny we met this year and got to know him on the courts as well as dining and dancing. They are great teachers and we hope we can have lessons with them again some day! Our “cardio tennis session” on our last day was an experience!

Archery:

Tonio and Dan. Tonio was one of the first GO’s we met and he took us to our room and couldn’t have been nicer. Always smiling and made us feel instantly welcome. Dan, who seemed to be everywhere, was always around, smiling and friendly, heading aqua aerobics or filling in at archery or performing on and off the stage!

Sailing:

Diego and Courtney. We were fortunate to have our very first in depth chalk board sailing instruction by Diego who taught us well and made us laugh. This was the first time my husand and I have ever sailed and it was a blast. Both Courtney and Diego were fantastic on the stage and around the club. Very friendly, warm and funny!

Mini Club:

Kari (Dragons) Wanny (Dragons) Leo (Juniors) They are all great. Kari was in Ixtapa last year when we visited and remembered us. It is amazing to think with all the people they meet every week and it is so nice to be remembered☺ She is so sweet and we wish her well and hope to see her again! Our kids, 11 and 8 did not spend as much time in the clubs as previous years but their GO’s are great with a smile and always trying to motivate and have fun which I’m sure is not too easy. They did a great job!

Food:

Carlos (Asst Rest Mgr) He is amazing! It was my husbands 45th birthday and the unbelievable dinner they had planned for that night was held outside on this night and Carlos had cake brought to our table and some GO’s sang happy birthday and even the green grape on top of the cake was carved into the smallest fruit flower of all time! This outdoor dinner was the most beautiful event I have ever seen. It was over the top, 200% The attention to detail and presentation on this night and all nights is amazing!! The staff in the restaurant is always friendly and service is 5 star.

Arturo (Chef). My husband went fishing with our friend Tim and another couple, and they caught an 80 lb sailfish. Arturo and his staff cooked the fish and served it to us at our table as an entrée and an appetizer. Once again, presentation was unbelievable!

Photos:

Andres, Luis. They are such wonderful photographers. They were always around the village taking pictures with a smile. We are so lucky to have all of these moments captured on film! Every year we purchase the CD with all of our photos since they are much better than the ones I take and the quality is fantastic. Makes life a lot easier when you don’t have to worry about bringing a camera.

Bar:

Oh the bar! The staff is great! Daniel, who we remembered from last year and makes a great margarita☺ Juan, Ricardo and Saul. Fantastic service with a smile! Ray was always around outside with a smile to offer a cool beverage whenever you needed. They were great!

Excursions:

Polo helped arrange two excursions for us. A deep sea fishing trip for my husband and a dolphin encounter for the family. Polo was very informative and was very helpful the day of the excursions to make sure we got to where we needed to be. The excursions were great fun.

Management:

When we were here a year ago, I left my Club Med Cancun hat in the room. I emailed the club and told them I would be back in a year they said they found it and would hold it for me. Upon our return I went to reception and told them, and the next day it was in our room! I find that to be so caring and incredible customer service!

Remy, Chief of the Village. He is so kind and friendly and accommodating. He was always around the club greeting people and at the entrance to the restaurant. He was never too busy to stop and speak to us to make sure we were enjoying ourselves.

Christian, Assistant Chief of the Village. I can’t say enough about Christian! I probably scared him because I could not stop complimenting him. He is an amazing assistant chief of the village, always around and smiling and always made us feel at home. He is such an amazing stage presence. He is absolutely hilarious in every skit he does. He is an over the top MC, great dancer and so much fun! I hope we see him again!

Shows:

All of the shows were amazing. Whether it is an audience participating show or a GO show it will blow you away with laughter or amazement. Music Factory and the Circus Shows are always a hit. And the shows this year with the GM’s are some we will never forget, (including the ones we were in). The staff is so talented! Crazy signs are one of my many favorite parts about Club Med and when we return from our trips we try to get all the music and remember the steps but forget most of it, so then we have to keep going back!

Transportation:

This year we did the transportation through Club Med and wanted to mention Jean Luc who was at the airport to greet us with a smile and also at the airport to see is off. Everything was so easy. Thank you!

Accommodations:

Pajaro - Both times we stayed at Pajaro building and we really liked it. Nothing better than waking up to a nice ocean view and the sounds of the waves. No need for a balcony. Our housekeeper Mary Chloe kept our room spotless and we were always greeted by incredible towel animals on our beds which just made us smile.

Friends:

While it is the GO’s that make our vacation such fun and we always hope to see them again, it is the friends that you make in paradise that is somewhat of a reality. We have met so many wonderful people and families throughout our visits but 2 years ago we met another family of 4 from Seattle and we have met at the same place, same time for the last 2 years. We laugh so hard and create the best memories together and will continue this club med tradition as long as we can. We love our Club Med family, TMBT!

To sum it up, absolutely fantastic vacation. This resort gave 110% above and beyond. We give the GO's at this club a standing ovation for a job well done, you are amazing and talented and we wish you continued success in all that you wish to do and we hope we see you again. Thank you:)

Lynn and Adam

3  Thank LAD109

Dear LAD109,
Thank you for sharing about your stay at our Ixtapa resort. We're thrilled to hear this was your fourth Club Med vacation and that you've loved it every time! We're also thrilled you found our entertainment, activities, staff, facilities and dining options to be fabulous. Thank you again for reviewing our resort, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have been to Club Med Ixtapa three times and Cancun once before. We absolutely love both properties, though Ixtapa slightly edges out Cancun for us. The layout of the village is the primary reason. Things are more centralized which is great if your kids are doing their own thing and you want to run into them more often.

If you have a young family and have never been to Club Med, then in my opinion, you haven't had a true vacation yet. Maybe trips, but this is a really vacation for everyone in the family.

Club Med is kinda like a cult. It's hard to describe and you really don't get until you are there and it's not for everyone. It's like Camp at a four to five star resort. You really bond with the GO's and other guests and your family! It always kind of ruins other vacations for you. Beware- once you start going you will want to be there every year and will start figuring out how to afford twice a year.

We were welcomed like returning VIPs. Kari instantly recognized our son from last year at Mini Club. This year she was in charge of our younger son's group and was always so friendly and called us by name when ever she saw us.

Remy is a the consumate French gentleman and Chief of the village and keeps thing moving well. Christian is his right hand man and brings amazing energy to all events and is hilarious in the shows. He also always greeted me by name even though there were hundreds of guests coming and going all the time. Christian will make an amazing Chief.

TENNIS
We were delighted to see Javier again this year at tennis. Not only is he a great coach, but so friendly around the village. Johnny was an amazing coach as well, he ran us hard and really challenged this group of perennial beginners. We had dinner with him and he was our wingman for drinks most nights. He kept us laughing and it was really fun to get to know him.

TRAPEZE
The circus team are usually the rockstars of the village and this year's was one of the best teams we have met. Our dinner with Brazilian Joe, Rolando and Salgado was one of the hight lights of the week. The guys had such great stories about their time at Club Med and Brazil. We were checking flights to Rio before we were done! Maureen was such a sweet heart too, loved dinner with her as well. We can't forget Patrick as well, such a great guy who we hope to see again healed up and better than ever. This doesn't even start to cover how amazing they are in the shows. Cirque du Soleil potential with such patience coaching of children and adults alike.

ARCHERY
Tonio was awesome. Always knew my name, quick with a joke and kept things moving quickly. The kids loved him, maybe that was because he could shoot a bullseye from between his legs are because he was hilarious in the shows at night.

EXCURSIONS
Polo set us up on two great trips. A deep sea fishing trip where we caught a six foot beautiful sail fish. We brought it to the restaurant an they cleaned and prepared it for us. Arturo did and amazing job creating a carpaccio appetizer and well-seasoned main course out of it. How cool is that? We also did the swimming with the dolphin excursion and loved it. It was a great experience that was well worth it. Yes, the pictures are over-priced but you get over it.

SAILING
We didn't go sailing until the last day. Next time will be different. I had a blast captaining my catamaran. It was a little stressful at first but Diego had been a great teacher so I felt like I knew what I was doing. Will definitely spend more time there.

SHOWS
Some shows are really impressive like the Circus and the new 20's Murder Mystery show they premiered our week. Others were hilarious like the comedy show and Music Factory (though like many SNL skits, they could afford to be trimmed down a little) but we laughed so hard we didn't care too much. Some need a little work but we know everybody up there so you enjoy it regardless.

BAR
The bar staff rocks. They are constantly busy and I am sure over worked but they don't act like it. So friendly. I wish I remembered more names but Richardo, Juan and Ray were tops!

LOCATION
This is one of the best spots in Ixtapa. You have amazing secluded location with a scenic view of the island. The beach is well maintained, with only a couple vendors who have never ever bothered me. The view is spectacular.

OTHER FAMILIES
We have made so many great friends during our times as Club Med. One family we met a couple years ago, we loved so much that we have been vacationing together with them three times now and we are currently planning the fourth trip! There is something about the place and doing all the activities together that makes you bond with complete strangers. Just like summer camp as a kid.

Are you still reading this? Have you seen the other reviews? There is a pretty consistant theme. Fantastic GO's, beautiful location, awesome food. Do you remember the name of anyone who worked at the last resort you went to? That is what makes this place different!

Room Tip: We think Pajero is the best building for view and location but others swear by Iguana.
2  Thank galvin42

Dear galvin42,
Thanks for the kind words about our Club Med Ixtapa resort. We're so happy to know you had an amazing vacation and that you enjoyed so many of the activities we have to offer like tennis, the trapeze, sailing and archery. It also makes us so glad you found our staff, entertainment and location to be great. We hope you visit again soon!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

What I knew about Club Med before visiting Club Med Ixtapa Pacific was what I had read some 20 years ago. It was not as popular as it once had been, other "all-inclusive" alternatives were better, etc. In all, I must say I didn't have a real preference towards Club Med before going there.

The reason I went there is that my wife and her parents have been many many times to many of the Club Meds all around (Cancun, Copper Mountain, Playa Blanca, Sonora Bay, etc) and had very good experiences over the last 40 years or so. We were 3 generations there, my father in law, my wife and my 2 kids (9 and 11, respectively).

The place is absolutely spectacular in every sense of the word. From location (Playa Quieta outside of Ixtapa, a "private" beach some 800 m long with soft sand and gentle waves. The area is very green and well kept. Sunsets are awesome wherever you might see them from. On tuesdays they have a "sunset kayak" trip, where you paddle out to see the sunset. Very recommendable, but places are limited so sign up as soon as you can!

The food is nothing short of first class. Every day we were treated with the same "basic" buffet, but with an addition of specialties. Sunday: Mexican food, Monday: Asian, Tuesday: Seafood, etc. Everything is extremely fresh and tasty. Waiters went out of their way to make the breakfast, lunch and dinner experience excellent.

What about the activities? Our kids got into the Mini Club (up to 10 yrs) and Junior Club (11 and older). When you check in you get the daily activity schedule for the different groups and you can decide when you sign in your kids whether they have to be at the activities all day or come and go as they please. We chose the latter, knowing that some activities can get tedious, or maybe that the kids want to spend some time with their parents.

The most popular activity for our kids was trapeze, by far. Archery was also a very popular activity that they didn't miss a single day of. Other activities are tennis, kayak, sailing, pool time, etc.

Of course there are a bunch of special activities every day, like the sand castle competition or the family archery competition, regattas, etc. There is an endless number of activities to choose from. But all isn't physical activity at Club Med. If you want to take it easy, you can do so as well on the beach or around the pool.

All in all this is probably the best vacation I have ever been on. And I would not hesitate for one moment going back.

The only drawback was the Internet connection in the rooms. We bought a week pass (US 50), but never got it to work in the rooms (low signal strength), and even with a wired ethernet connection, we were never able to get it to work. Around the pool and restaurants and even on the beach, wifi worked great. So, obviously it isn't a place to go if you need to sit in your room and work. Bring your laptop to the beach and you will be fine!

A special thanks go out to the GOs we interacted with most. All of them were awesome:
Diego - in charge of sailing and the guy who really made this trip special, Tonio - in charge of archery, Genesis & Wanny in Mini Club, Joe & Salgado & Rolando & Joe & Maureen & Patrick at the trapeze, Coby as the show coordinator, Carlos in the restaurant, Lidisse and of course Christian and Chef de Village Remy. And a special salute to pâtissier Wallis Jr and of course Yair who waited on us on the beach every day. Always with a smile on his face!

Room Tip: Iguana are closer to the kid's attractions, but according to some guests there, they get very wa...
2  Thank PeoLekare

Dear PeoLekare,
Thank you for reviewing our Ixtapa resort. We love when our guests have an exceptional experience and we're thrilled you found everything about our resort to be awesome. We're especially glad you thought our staff, dining options, location and activities to be fantastic. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts, and we hope you return for another great vacation soon!