“stop looking for heaven”

Club Med Ixtapa Pacific
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Ixtapa
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The Club Med Ixtapa Pacific offers the best holiday package in the world! The location is stunning, the beach and the waves are magnificent, the sun is guaranteed day after day, the rooms are large and modern, the food is outstanding and most importantly you feel at home all the time with a wonderful team of GO and perhaps even more importantly with a beautiful team of local Mexicans whose smiles illuminate your day . I have visited a great number of Club Meds, on four continents, and Ixtapa Pacific rates as the best in my view. An additional attraction even if you are not a family: all these beautiful kids that move and dance and laugh in the main public place.

Room Tip: if you can afford it, go for a suite!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear 29manthieu,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our Ixtapa resort. We're so glad to hear you had an excellent visit and that you think our resort is the best! It also makes us so happy you found our location, facilities, dining options and staff to be fantastic. We hope you return soon!
Your Club Med Team

Write a ReviewReviews (3,142)

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Amazing trip! Mom and dad had a blast because we knew Augustine, Alexis, and Veronik were watching our 7yr old and Neeley and her amazing colleges were with our 3yr old. Everyone at the club from servers to housekeepers to GOs to photographers were fabulous. We have only been back 1 day and already planning our next trip. Anyone with kids under 12 should go- way better then Disneyland in my opinion.

Room Tip: With 2 kids the deluxe was a great choice!

Dear Mcptown,
Thank you for reviewing our Club Med Ixtapa resort. It makes us so glad to know you had an outstanding vacation and that our Kids Club and staff surpassed your every expectation. We're also thrilled you're already planning your next visit! Thank you again for posting a review, and we can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Our family (two adults, three boys) had an amazing vacation at Club Med Ixtapa. It was our second trip to this resort and we will be back again next year. My oldest son Jonah would be upset if I didn't first mention how much he loved the trapeze and its crew: Patrick, Joe, Salgado, Joe, Rolando & Maureen - you are all beautiful, encouraging people who inspire and give confidence to kids. The trapeze crew really made a difference on our vacation this year. My husband and I also did about a dozen classes with Stefani, the most energetic and wonderful zumba, yoga, toning instructor. (I wanted to take her home with me!) Archery with Tonio and Dan, so much fun; other sports with Quejaio and Dan, such great guys running fun events; my son Eli adored Diego (sailing) but not for the sailing instead his comedy sketch routine and magic card tricks stand out; Kids & Teen Club were fantastic for my boys: thank you so much for Kari, Christine, Pedro, Veronik, Aidee, Pamela (sad to see her leave!). The food was superb, huge variety and everything delicious and fresh and clean. I can't say enough! Remy runs an amazing club. Honestly, can't wait to return next January!

Room Tip: Family Club rooms offer the perfect comfort and separate-ness that parents may need from their child...

Dear Mariane P,
Thank you for sharing about your stay at our Ixtapa resort. We love when our guests have an exceptional experience and we're so happy to hear you found our staff, dining options and Kids Club to be fabulous. We're especially glad you loved the activities we offer such as the trapeze, fitness classes and other sports. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review, and we can't wait for your next visit!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

On Sunday, February 3, 2013, I booked a vacation for myself, my wife and our 2 children to Club Med Ixtapa. The advertisement that was emailed to me stated that the vacation was 45% off (6 day flash sale). However, when I looked at the web site, it appeared to only be 15%-20% off. I called the company and a representative was equally confused. She had to put me on hold, and find out that the advertised price was not based on the price listed, but on something called a "rack rate". This is hard to verify. I booked the vacation anyway.

The following Tuesday, February 5, 2013, I saw the very same vacation advertised for over $1,400.00 less. Apparently, my vacation was booked with United as the airline, and they were now offering a Delta flight with one extra stop that was $360.00 per ticket cheaper. I called and asked why I was not offered the Delta flight, and was not given a satisfactory answer. I asked to have my flight changed to Delta, and they refused, saying that my flight was non refundable. I sent 2 emails to the company, and did not get any response. Although I am still looking forward to my vacation, the whole purchasing experience left a bitter taste in my mouth.

The only way that I was able to submit my review was based on answer the question "when did you travel". My vacation has not happened yet, but it would not let me submit this review without putting an answer to that question. Therefor, I am changing the question to "when was this vacation booked".

12  Thank Daniel K
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is hands down a fantastic family trip! Great beach, food exceeded our expectations (good variety of fresh fish daily, amazing guacamole etc), fun activities, great staff.

I especially give a shout out to all the ladies at the Koala Kids Club. This was a key aspect in us doing Club med- a place for our almost 2 year old daughter to enjoy and for us to have downtime as well and have a true vacation as a couple in addition to family time. These women at the kids club are excellent,you can tell they absolutely love the kids, and they know what the're doing. Our daughter had a blast...All day long they're taking nature walks, playing at the beach, by the pool, and doing fun stuff, not sitting in front of a tv.

My husband and I played tennis, beach volleyball, did a few flips on the trapeze, took the water taxi to Ixtapa Island to snorkel, and basically just hung out under a palm tree the rest of the time reading and relaxing. We plan on going back next year. Just a really nice spot for the family.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear rsgem,
Thanks for the kind words about our Club Med Ixtapa resort. We're ecstatic you had such an awesome experience and that our dining options, staff and beach surpassed your every expectation. We're especially glad you enjoyed all the activities we have like beach volleyball, the trapeze and tennis. We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I went to Club Med Ixtapa with my daughter (18) and friends.It was my first experience with Club Med and everything was perfect. The main reason for these perfect vacations is the staff. They make everybody feel welcome, they always have a nice word for you and are always eager to help. My daughter is not really into sports, but she loved the zumba classes with Stephanie, and she even tried the trapeze. Special thanks to Patrick and is team at the trapeze. They are amazing. From your first try, you feell safe and you know your are in the hands of professionals.
The food is great. There is a different theme everynight, so you can always try something new. We even had "fois gras poêlé" one night. I can still taste it! My daughter is a vegeterian and she was very happy with the choices at the buffet.
There is a very nice place to go snorkeling, called Isla Ixtapa, just in front of the hotel. You can book transportation with Club Med and rent the snorkeling equipment at the island. I think a guide is useless for this activity. Everybody snorkles in the same area and see the same thing, guide or no guide.
We were there for a week, but I think 10 days would have been perfect.

1  Thank Marie_jose_R_52

Dear Marie_jose_R_52,
Thank you for sharing about your vacation at our Ixtapa resort. It makes us so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff and dining options to be terrific. We're also thrilled you participated in so many activities we have to offer such as the trapeze, snorkeling and zumba classes. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review, and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We love Club Med and Ixtapa is our favourite. It is the best vacation to de-stress - from the moment you arrive you can relax and take it at your own pace. The fitness classes, tennis, land sports, sailing are a great way to relax and improve skills and burn off all the delicious food. We go with our family of 4 with two boys aged 10 and 12 and we all love it. It is even more fun if you can go at the same time as other friends or family.
Everybody can do the activities they want and then meet up so everyone gets what they want out of the holiday whether they want to be superactive or a sloth, or a combination of both.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BluPirate

Dear BluPirate,
Thank you for posting a review about our Club Med Ixtapa resort. We're so glad you had a wonderful vacation and that you enjoyed all the activities our resort has to offer like tennis, sailing, and our fitness classes. It also makes us so happy to hear you were able to relax at the same time. We hope you visit again soon!