“The most relaxing vacation ever” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Club Med Ixtapa Pacific

Club Med Ixtapa Pacific
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Ixtapa
Ventura, CA
“The most relaxing vacation ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Although we were NOt the usual family at this Club Med, my husband and I, and two adult sons (24 and 26) had a fabulous week in Ixtapa. Most of the families had young children, and they were at times loud and boisterous, but that's part of the fun of a Club Med. We have been to an adults-only Club and it was a bit more peaceful and quiet, if that's what you're looking for.

We had a great time sailing (thanks to Pancho, Tonio and Kellee), although the winds weren't the best (we've also been there in July when they were great, so that's just the luck of the draw). We were very well taken care of by the Concierges in the suites, especially Jessy and Karla, who helped us above and beyond the call of duty (including arranging bikes to rent, delivered to the property). And, all the G.O's were super nice and made it enjoyable for our sons, who were the oldest "kids" there. Tonio (sailing) and Michelle (Boutique) were especially friendly -- we all had a great time with them! Nadia was also very welcoming. And the chief of the sports, Josh, was a lot of fun too, giving us a great recommendation for an excursion to play with dolphins.

There's plenty to do for all ages -- my husband played a LOT of tennis, we all sailed and did archery, the guys did kayaking and biking, etc. We even did some boogie boarding right outside our room! We all came back totally relaxed and happy.

The suites are worth the extra money if you can afford it. The rooms are absolutely gorgeous, huge and well appointed. We did not find anything lacking, and the maid service/fresh towels twice a day were a boon. Being able to order room service breakfast was very nice. I reccommend a ground floor suite which has a porch that opens onto a gorgeous private beach (with drink service). The water is about 20 yards away, and a lovely 85 degrees for floating in, with some waves big enough for body surfing!

The food was outstanding and had great variety, even for someone who's a bit picky (I don't like seafood, but I hear it was fantastic for those who do). Ivethe and Melisa were great hosts. We all had plenty to eat! The freshly made breads every day are to die for. And, the hand-scooped ice cream ...

Go to this Club Med ... you won't regret it!!

Room Tip: Choose a ground-floor suite in the Sol building!! See photos below
1 Thank SuenPeteVenturaCA
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear SuenPeteVenturaCA,
Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts about your vacation with us. We’re so happy to hear that you and your family had a lovely stay! From kayaking to biking, it sounds like you really took advantage our fabulous activities and offerings. Thank you again for your comments, and we can’t wait to see you for another Club Med vacation soon!

Your Club Med Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

I have travelled around journeying through many of the club meds that have been offered, and yes they all are very similar. This is with regards to how they organize their entertainment, sports, and meals. However what seems to always surprise me is the differences between each of the teams that are grouped together constructing the large GO crews. With such a large variety of individuals throughout the world, the connection that they have between eachother to provide a great vacation for the GM is surreal.

The resort itself was great: rooms were nice, service was great, setting and landscape was beautiful; basically an area of "paradise" by ways of describing it in one word. Though, the only issue I had about Ixtapa, as in mexican or american cities on the pacific coast is the ocean. Now if you are into dark rough water, the west coast is a perfect place for you. However, when comparing it to oceans such as those in the Caribbean there is no comparison- it is like night and day. The sports offered were amazing, ranging from anything you want to do, and the GOs were all there to help you if you did not have the proper skill, and actually trained you to be better during the week.

That was the hotel, beach, and accommodations. Now the best part, the GOs. As stated prior, if it was not for the GOs the vacation would have been like all others--going to the pool, the beach, playing some sports here and there, drinking and eating---the usual. However, the GOs made the vacation on to never forget. Actually, the reason for my return to club med was specifically because of a certain set of GOs: to name Christain, Jessy, Remy, and Mau. And of those two of them (Christian and Jessy) have become extremely close to my heart, and this is simply from the fact of how incredible they were to us on this and other vacations. But what was great was their patience and respect given and directed towards other GMs. I can tell you one thing these individuals, the entire team, will provide you with a level of fun that you can only dream to have. Christian was actually covering for Remy as chief of village, and he did an outstanding job, with the set-up, presentations, activities, and even taking time to walk and speak with each GM to make sure this vacation is the best it can be for all GM. But what do you expect being taught from an excellent chief, Remy. He has taught him well, and now Christian, has the tools and skills to lead a team, and not only lead it well; but in a direction where only happiness will be elicited from those who travel to club med Ixtapa. I could not forget to mention the entire circus team, Joe, Rolando, and Gareath for their warm hearts and patients with me and my family. They also showed me how to have fun. More so, they encouraged me to do the trapeeze show, which I decline, however I was given more knowledge about the sport and trained to acquire more skill--thank you boys, means a lot.

So I would recommend this resort to anyone, anyone looking to have a good time, create new relationships, and gain new knowledge, I am telling you a trip to Ixtapa club med, will have you retuning back to reality with a depressed mood dreaming of all the good times you spent that week there. Trust me you wont forget it- all about the TEAM- love you guys.

Matteo

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear matteo c,
We LOVE your review of Club Med Ixtapa Pacific! We’re so happy that you and your family enjoyed your vacation with us, and we're thrilled our amenities and staff made your stay so memorable. Thank you again for your fantastic feedback; we can't wait for your family to return!

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Club Med Ixtapa was amazing! I had such an awesome time. It was my first time going and I had no idea what to expect. It was actually so much fun! Perfect for families!

The hotel rooms are nice, and the buffets are just heavenly. The beach is really warm and so is the pool!

All the activities are really fun, and there's such a large variety to choose from: trapeze, archery, beach volleyball... as well as fitness classes all throughout the day like zumba and pilates!
My favorite activity was tennis. The instructor, Jonathan, is a retired pro who's so funny and patient. It was my first time playing tennis in about 7 years and at first I couldn't even hit the ball but throughout the week I got so much better thanks to my lessons with Jonathan! I could even rally with serious tennis players! He teaches the lessons with so much enthusiasm that you can't help but want to back the next day!

Also if you have kids, there are plenty of children and teenager clubs at Ixtapa, led by enthusiastic counselors who are so nice. I was in the teen club and I formed such tight bonds with the others and we're still in touch!

Hope this helps! Definitely go to Ixtapa!

xoxo
Victoria

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Victoria_1222,
Thank you so much for your comments about your family vacation with us a Club Med Ixtapa Pacific. We’re so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and that you got the most out of all Club Med is known for - especially our variety of activities! Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you again for another family vacation!

Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Trip date: Aug 14-21, 2012
I have traveled all over globe and have experienced many amazing vacations but this past Club Med experience at Ixtapa was one of the best. The Club Med Team led by Christian and Remy were full of life and genuine energy leaving us with so many great memories from our trip. I was traveling with my girlfriend whom had never been to a Club Med before and now is just overcome with enthusiasm about the whole Club Med experience since it is like no other vacation in the world. My parents had such a good time and were amazed at all the incredibly talented and great people working there. Special thanks to Christian for taking time out of his many managing duties to make sure we were always comfortable and enjoying our stay, his energy is contagious and lights up the entire resort. Obrigado to Dan on the Sports Team for his energy, conversation and enthusiasm. Other G.O.'s that helped make this trip memorable were Cici and the entire bar team for always being willing to make us some great drinks and Sandy and the Excursions team were all friendly, helpful and very informative. The entire G.E. team that were responsible for demonstrating the most amazing service my family and I have ever received on vacation in all three restaurants and in the bar also deserve all the credit in the world. Many other G.O's were a part of our great vacation (circus team, mini club, sports team) and we thank them for their hard work and non-stop energy. We are already trying to plan another Club Med vacation soon to try and catch Christian and his team before he gets moved somewhere else as it is not to difficult of a trip from Southern California. I forgot to mention how delicious all the food was and how beautiful the location is but the G.O. team deserves more props than anything so you definitely need to go meet them for yourself.

Dear lucas j,
We’re so happy to hear you had a great time on your vacation and that your girlfriend became a Club Med fan! We're so honored by your kind words. Our GOs pride themselves in providing the best customer service possible, and we’re glad they helped make your visit a fantastic one. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to see you again someday!

Scarsdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was my first ever Club Med vacation and as a Mom, I have to say it felt like the first true vacation I've had since becoming a parent. Really, there are no stressors at Club Med, Ixtapa. The rooms are clean and there is privacy separating the kids and adults. The food is very good and varied, allowing us to eat healthfully or indulgently, depending on our wishes. There are plenty of activities, lots of fun and engaging GOs to keep you smiling and participating or else, relaxing and content. I fell quickly into a routine of Zumba, tennis with Jonathan and water aerobics, before spending the remainder of my day sipping a Mojito and chatting with friends. I really think the only parenting conversations I had with my kids were in the morning when I reminded them to put on sunscreen and at night, when I reminded them to go to bed.

Our kids are 8 and 10, which meant that they could come and go as they pleased from camp with our written permission. Our kids preferred to entertain themselves with their friends in the pool, on the beach, and around the well contained, safe and lovely grounds. Perhaps if the place was at full capacity we wouldn't have been as comfortable letting them have the run of the place but as it was not high season, we could find each other when needed. The kids reveled in their independence and thanks to the all inclusive meals, we were able to have a few meals apart.

The pool was warm and lovely. Although there are life guards at the pool, importantly, there are no life guards at the beach (although there are security guards, at least that's how it appeared). The beach water was warm and beautiful, but the absence of life guards was a concern. We established firm rules about our kids requiring a parent to be with them when on the beach.

Truth be told, we had a few mishaps that were no one's fault and really resulted in our meeting lots of nice people who showed friendly concern and assistance. Consequently, we learned that Club Med manages injuries well. The infirmary nurse was helpful, kind (and I later would discover a talented dancer. Elizabeth? ). Christian, the manager, was thorough and helpful and Josh, the sports head, couldn't do enough to help (even on his day off) and keep us laughing. They brought a doctor to the facility when my husband needed stitches and she did a great job (I should also mention the expense was quite reasonable).

I was so impressed with how effortlessly the days flowed, allowing us to relax and enjoy our holiday. The staff is always kind, present and attentive. I don't know how they got me to partake in dances in the pool without feeling like a total idiot - but the GOs seem so genuinely engaged and committed to your having a good time that you can't help but get caught up in the pleasure of it all.

Thanks to everyone for the fond memories!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear 2Pippin2,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review, and thank you SO much for your kind words! We’re so happy that you and your family enjoyed your vacation. It sounds like your children had a wonderful time, and we’re thankful the nurse and doctor were able to provide quality care for your husband. Thank you for bringing some concerns to our attention; we are looking into these matters. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to see you at Club Med again someday!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

This was an absolutely fabulous vacation! I went solo and had a blast! The service is amazing from the reception to dining (Ivethe and her staff) to the organized activities. The staff from Mexico were very helpful! The sight is beautiful and the Pacific Ocean is very refreshing. Josh,the Land Sports Manager is an incredible individual and leads activities with finesse and has an awesome sense of humor. He is also a great entertainer.It was awesome again seeing two gifted and remarkable professionals, Remy,Chef of Village and Christian,Assistant Chef de Village.I met them first at Turkoise.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view that you can see from your bed,
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Todd F,
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your visit to Club Med Ixtapa Pacific. We’re so happy you had a great time during your solo vacation! It sounds like you enjoyed some of the best things Club Med has to offer like the activities, dining and service. Thank you again for your kind words, and we hope to see you again on your next vacation!

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

I am sitting in the airport on the way home from one of the best vacations I have ever experienced. As a frequent club med GM, I had a pretty good idea of the experience. Out of the 6 times I have been to different club meds, this was by far the best. The chief of village, Christian, was amazing. He got to know my mom and I very well, along with all the other guests there! He is definitely someone I will never forget! I couldn't even tell you how many times daily we saw him! He is always everywhere talking to everyone making sure everyone is having a wonderful experience. As for head of land sports, Josh is so knowledgeable and helpful, not to mention SO much fun (and very attractive ;)!) He is definitely someone that makes the experience so much better! I mainly choose club meds because they offer flying trapeze. The circus team here including head of circus, Garath, and the other GO's Joe, Thiago, and Rolando are all awesome and encouraging! The resort is gorgeous! Beautiful beach and pool areas, and very clean! The bar tenders are also so friendly! I will alway remeber this trip thanks to the hospitality of all the GOs and the gorgeous scenery. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed August 2012
Dear IzzyTrox,
Thank you so much for your feedback about your stay at our Ixtapa Pacific resort. It sounds like you’re a Club Med expert, having traveled to our properties six times! We’re so happy that you were pleased with our service, pool, circus and beach. We’re glad to hear that your mother had a good time, too. Thank you for your kind words, and we hope to see you on your seventh Club Med vacation!