“Good time”

Marina Ixtapa Golf Club
Ranked #10 of 34 things to do in Ixtapa
More attraction details
Owner description: Marina Ixtapa Golf Club is a Robert Von Hagge designed links style track which opened in January, 1994. It is characterized by narrow fairways bordered by numerous dunes of grass, large traps guarding undulating greens and water on 14 of the 18 holes.The course is a challenging yet fair experience with 4 sets of tees to accommodate all ranges of experience and abilities. The staff is friendly, courteous and very knowledgeable.The Marina Ixtapa Golf Club is open from 7 am until dusk 365 days per year.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Course was in good shape and the drink cart came by frequently. Take lots of balls, there is a lot of water.

TimIxtapa, General Manager at Marina Ixtapa Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Thank you for your visit to Marina Ixtapa Golf Club and tahnk you for taking the time to post your comments. Paco, the beer cart guy, does indeed do a fantastic job of keeping all golfers as hydrated as possible.On your next visit to the Course the first round of drinks is on me.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I played here the past two years and it seems to be hit or miss. Two years ago it was in decent shape, but last year there was a ton of ground under repair. Some of the fairways were either scorched or simply not watered enough. I am going back next month and I am leaning towards playing "the other course" in the area. Regardless, the staff has always been great at the Marina.

wrstln09, Thank you for your TA review dated yesterday. I promise you that when you arrive next month you will find the course in much better shape than last year; and, the Staff is even more enrgetic in the pursuit of making your visit as pleasant as it can be. Please let me know when you plan to play a round at the Marina Ixtapa Golf Club and I'll be here to personally guarantee you an enjoyable day of golf.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

alot of the ground was under repair. Pretty basic course, for the price we paid $80 + rental per person. We thought we could go twice for what the other courses charged.

1  Thank rsds
TimIxtapa, General Manager at Marina Ixtapa Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

rsds, thank you for your visit to Marina Ixtapa Golf Course this past January and especially for your review posted on Trip Advisor earlier this month. For your next visit to our course I'd like to invite you for a 2 for 1 round on the house. I promise that the course will be in much better condition on that next visit.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Nice layout but in need of more grass on the fairways. Decent golf for a decent price but not sure i would go back.

1  Thank Jason R

Jason R. Thank you for your visit to Marina Ixtapa Golf Club and especially for your posted review on Trip Advisor. I want to invite you to come back and playa the course again at your earliest convenience. Let me know when you plan to return and I'll invite you to a 50% discount on your next round of golf.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We liked this course better than the other. A little more rustic but we still liked it better. Close to the Maina but no ocean views.

Etakathy, Thank you for your recent visit to Marina Ixtapa Golf Club and especially for your posted review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our course. Please let me know when you plan to return to Ixtapa; I'd like to invite you to a discounted round as my thank you for your preference.