Las Brisas Ixtapa
  • Pool
Emporio Ixtapa(Ixtapa)
  • Pool
2,784 results
All reviewsprivate beachlobby barbella vistabrisa iiel mexicanosolarium restaurantbellavista restaurantbreakfast buffetall inclusive packagemobility issuescocktail hourall inclusive plansitting areaquiet resortmeal planbaby turtlesocean view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Great location. Convenient to both Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo. It has a private beach so you don't have to worry about beach peddlers or your stuff getting stolen. All of the rooms have spectacular views with huge balconies and hammocks. The staff is awesome and couldn't been nicer.
The food was disappointing. I went the breakfast Buffett and everything was cold. I went to Portafino and my pasta was so over cooked it was mush. The best food was at the pool. I was disappointed they didn't offer any food in the lobby bar. They wouldn't let you order food at the Portafino bar which is baffling since no one was ever in there.
If it hadn't been for the food I would have given this resort five stars. No worries though because cabs are readily available and Ixatapa and the Maina have many great restaurants.
I really appreciated that they didn't play music at the pool.

Room Tip: If you are going to the beach you want a room at the end of the hotel where the beach elevator is.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Mplsdtgirl
HelloLBI, Manager at Las Brisas Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear Guest:
We appreciate very much your review about your recent stay at Las Brisas Ixtapa.
We have met with our Executive Chef in order to have a major supervision with the quality of the food served in our outlets. No food is offered in our Bar Le Club at Portofino o El Mexicano Restaurants but in our Lobby Bar you can ask the bar waiter to order from our menu..
Look forward to your return in the not too distant future.
The Management

Reviewed December 22, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed 4 nights at Las Brisas Ixtapa for a wedding. From Stepping out of our taxi to when we checked out, we were taken care of by the excellent people who work at the hotel. We booked a junior suite and it was fantastic. Basically 2 standard rooms together; one half was living room with bar and table and chairs, the other half was king bed, make up room and bathroom. Huge balcony wih jacuzzi tub, hammock, lounger, and another table and 4 chairs; beautiful place.

I booked on some semi-obscure website to get a good rate on the jr. Suite, and the booking was European plan so not all inclusive. This was a mistake as I figured we would buy AI plan at the hotel, which was around $100 per person per day which we didn't buy. Luckily we were with a large crew who were generous with the drinks haha. The meals are pricey if you are not AI (breakfast buffet is $250 pesos pp for example). We ate off resort a fair bit too so I cannot comment on each restaurant on the resort. However my suggestion is to buy a package that is AI for sure.

The AI thing aside, I would stay at this resort again and again. We were spoiled the first 2 days as the hotel was only 40-50% full, but was filling quickly our last 2 days. It still didn't matter for finding a place by the pool or on the beach, lots of room in this secluded paradise.

The people who work here truly make this a great experience. I wish I was as good at names as they are because I would like to mention every person who made our short stay a great one. Paulino and Cirilo at the lobby bar, Margarito on the beach, and about 50 others that I cannot remember their names, sorry.

Definitely worth staying here if you are thinking about Ixtapa for your next vacation. Huge private beach without any hotels beside you. Water is beautiful and clear, with some fun surf to play in. Lots of stairs and walking but who doesn't need some exercise on vacation? I highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Junior suites are on the top level with a great view, if you are booking a standard room, I wouldn't book on a floor below 14 as your ocean view may be obscured by trees, but I don't know this for sure.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank 909deaner
HelloLBI, Manager at Las Brisas Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear Guest:
Thank you for sharing with us the great experience you had recently at Las Brisas Ixtapa.
Through these reviews, we can measure the quality of services we are providing to our guests and encourage us to keep working for a continuous improvement to exceed their expectations.
Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Las Brisas Ixtapa.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Been to Ixtapa several times and thought we would like to try this resort as it is secluded and we heard it was quiet. It lived up to this expectation.The staff was just excellent and we were well looked after. No wrist bands, you sign for everything and we had no issues at checkout. Could never afford it if it wasn't inclusive as the prices are on the high side.Only a few things could have been better and these are pretty minor in my opinion. The showers were not always hot. The breakfast buffet was relatively small compared to some we have encountered. Lots enough to satisfy though. Nice to have a private beach with no one bothering you. Some people complain about the walking, but these same people mustn't walk a lot or at all. Good way to walk off some of the calories. The specialty restaurants were very good. All aspects of the food was good. We will return. Just a note to the management. I think you would be better off asking for a donation at checkout instead of adding oxfam and redcross to the bill and then taking it off if requested.

Room Tip: Nothing below 14. The higher the better.
5  Thank jjsterlingCalgary
HelloLBI, Manager at Las Brisas Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear Guest:
We appreciate very much the nice review you wrote related to your recent stay at Las Brisas Ixtapa.
We are taking into consideration your kind recommendations and for sure we will focus our efforts in improving our services and facilities to satisfy your expectations.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you back at Las Brisas Ixtapa.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

My wife and I returned to Las Brisas this December. The food was excellent; well presented and tasty. The staff was friendly and helpful. The resort was clean, very clean.

Again, the Lady behind the desk (the Concierge) was more than helpful. She made us feel as if we came home - what a wonderful feeling. Our only regret is we didn't stay longer.

Honeybunny and I will return.

Pycckuu

1  Thank Pycckuu
HelloLBI, Manager at Las Brisas Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking your time in writing your nice review regarding your recent stay at Las Brisas Ixtapa.
We will be awaiting for your return to make your stay enjoyable and memorable one as well.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have to say I got lucky with this stay. I was not quite sure what to expect before I got there as I didn't look at any reviews before making my reservation. As soon as I got there I realized that this place was going to be nice. The hotel is set up to be safe and secluded (especially the beach). I have to say their beach is one of the nicest I have been to in Mexico and there are NO VENDORS! The room was very comfortable and has plenty of space to lounge around. The king size bed was awsome. I like that each room has an ocean view balcony (with a hammock).

The happy hour was good but a little challenging to get service as they were very busy. I thought they had a good exchange rate for a hotel and all of the staff was very friendly and helpful. They released baby sea turtles which was very coolI look forward to coming back for another stay.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view but I think the higher floors are a little bit better.
1  Thank captain1971
HelloLBI, Manager at Las Brisas Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Guest:

Our sincere gratitude for the nice review written about your recent stay at Las Brisas Ixtapa.

We are very happy to know you enjoyed our facilities and services and that you are planning to return.

Thank you and be very welcomed whenever your travels bring you back to this beautiful resort.