“First Las Brisas and it didn't disappoint” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Las Brisas Hotel Collection Ixtapa

Las Brisas Hotel Collection Ixtapa
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Ixtapa
Regina, Canada
“First Las Brisas and it didn't disappoint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed 4 nights at Las Brisas Ixtapa for a wedding. From Stepping out of our taxi to when we checked out, we were taken care of by the excellent people who work at the hotel. We booked a junior suite and it was fantastic. Basically 2 standard rooms together; one half was living room with bar and table and chairs, the other half was king bed, make up room and bathroom. Huge balcony wih jacuzzi tub, hammock, lounger, and another table and 4 chairs; beautiful place.

I booked on some semi-obscure website to get a good rate on the jr. Suite, and the booking was European plan so not all inclusive. This was a mistake as I figured we would buy AI plan at the hotel, which was around $100 per person per day which we didn't buy. Luckily we were with a large crew who were generous with the drinks haha. The meals are pricey if you are not AI (breakfast buffet is $250 pesos pp for example). We ate off resort a fair bit too so I cannot comment on each restaurant on the resort. However my suggestion is to buy a package that is AI for sure.

The AI thing aside, I would stay at this resort again and again. We were spoiled the first 2 days as the hotel was only 40-50% full, but was filling quickly our last 2 days. It still didn't matter for finding a place by the pool or on the beach, lots of room in this secluded paradise.

The people who work here truly make this a great experience. I wish I was as good at names as they are because I would like to mention every person who made our short stay a great one. Paulino and Cirilo at the lobby bar, Margarito on the beach, and about 50 others that I cannot remember their names, sorry.

Definitely worth staying here if you are thinking about Ixtapa for your next vacation. Huge private beach without any hotels beside you. Water is beautiful and clear, with some fun surf to play in. Lots of stairs and walking but who doesn't need some exercise on vacation? I highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Junior suites are on the top level with a great view, if you are booking a standard room, I wouldn...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank 909deaner
HelloLBI, Manager at Las Brisas Hotel Collection Ixtapa, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Guest:
Thank you for sharing with us the great experience you had recently at Las Brisas Ixtapa.
Through these reviews, we can measure the quality of services we are providing to our guests and encourage us to keep working for a continuous improvement to exceed their expectations.
Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Las Brisas Ixtapa.
The Management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Been to Ixtapa several times and thought we would like to try this resort as it is secluded and we heard it was quiet. It lived up to this expectation.The staff was just excellent and we were well looked after. No wrist bands, you sign for everything and we had no issues at checkout. Could never afford it if it wasn't inclusive as the prices are on the high side.Only a few things could have been better and these are pretty minor in my opinion. The showers were not always hot. The breakfast buffet was relatively small compared to some we have encountered. Lots enough to satisfy though. Nice to have a private beach with no one bothering you. Some people complain about the walking, but these same people mustn't walk a lot or at all. Good way to walk off some of the calories. The specialty restaurants were very good. All aspects of the food was good. We will return. Just a note to the management. I think you would be better off asking for a donation at checkout instead of adding oxfam and redcross to the bill and then taking it off if requested.

Room Tip: Nothing below 14. The higher the better.
5 Thank jjsterlingCalgary
HelloLBI, Manager at Las Brisas Hotel Collection Ixtapa, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Guest:
We appreciate very much the nice review you wrote related to your recent stay at Las Brisas Ixtapa.
We are taking into consideration your kind recommendations and for sure we will focus our efforts in improving our services and facilities to satisfy your expectations.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you back at Las Brisas Ixtapa.
Ancaster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

My wife and I returned to Las Brisas this December. The food was excellent; well presented and tasty. The staff was friendly and helpful. The resort was clean, very clean.

Again, the Lady behind the desk (the Concierge) was more than helpful. She made us feel as if we came home - what a wonderful feeling. Our only regret is we didn't stay longer.

Honeybunny and I will return.

Pycckuu

1 Thank Pycckuu
HelloLBI, Manager at Las Brisas Hotel Collection Ixtapa, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking your time in writing your nice review regarding your recent stay at Las Brisas Ixtapa.
We will be awaiting for your return to make your stay enjoyable and memorable one as well.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have to say I got lucky with this stay. I was not quite sure what to expect before I got there as I didn't look at any reviews before making my reservation. As soon as I got there I realized that this place was going to be nice. The hotel is set up to be safe and secluded (especially the beach). I have to say their beach is one of the nicest I have been to in Mexico and there are NO VENDORS! The room was very comfortable and has plenty of space to lounge around. The king size bed was awsome. I like that each room has an ocean view balcony (with a hammock).

The happy hour was good but a little challenging to get service as they were very busy. I thought they had a good exchange rate for a hotel and all of the staff was very friendly and helpful. They released baby sea turtles which was very coolI look forward to coming back for another stay.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view but I think the higher floors are a little bit better.
1 Thank captain1971
HelloLBI, Manager at Las Brisas Hotel Collection Ixtapa, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Guest:

Our sincere gratitude for the nice review written about your recent stay at Las Brisas Ixtapa.

We are very happy to know you enjoyed our facilities and services and that you are planning to return.

Thank you and be very welcomed whenever your travels bring you back to this beautiful resort.

Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

have been coming here for 18 years. have gotten to know the staff - who are warm, friendly & competent.
we never have brought long pants.
new manager now requires long pants to get into any of the restaurants
NO WAY - staff is equally unhappy

this place is sliding fast
my last stay!

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank renorichdiver
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your review about your recent stay at Las Brisas Ixtapa.
According to our hotel’s policy, the dress code for our specialty restaurants is formal but for our other outlets, it is casual. We apologize if there was a misunderstanding on this matter.
We hope you can give us another opportunity to regain your confidence in Las Brisas Ixtapa.
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Las Brisas Ixtapa in November. The hotel itself is a little dated but the staff is incredible. The secluded beach is absolutely beautiful. The view from the rooms is wonderful. We enjoyed swaying in the hammock at night listening to the waves. The only complaint I have is the workout facility. I was unable to use it as there was a very strong mildew smell. I know it must be difficult to combat being there on the ocean...but it kept me from using the facility at all. Aside from that, it was a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Julie124
HelloLBI, Manager at Las Brisas Hotel Collection Ixtapa, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest:
Our sincere thanks for your nice review in reference to your recent stay at Las Brisas Ixtapa.
When no one is using the workout room, the air conditioned is turned off and we suppose that was the reason you perceived said mildew smell. However, the air conditioned control is inside the room in order that our clients may use it according to their comfort. We will pay special attention onto this matter to avoid any other complaint of this type.
Look forward to the pleasure of your return to Las Brisas Ixtapa.
McAllen, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Definitely a lot of hidden costs when staying at this hotel, if you want internet access they charge $ 18.00 US dollars per day, they put a bottle of water next to the coffee maker with a bag of coffee, it appears like a courtesy, but you happen to make your coffee in the morning they will charge you for both coffee and water, not even in inexpensive hotels in many other areas they charge for internet or the coffee they put in your room. This hotel behaves more like a 2 star hotel than the 4 stars they claim to be!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank argelia1968
Dear Guest:
We appreciate the comments about your experience at Las Brisas Ixtapa.
We are very sorry we did not meet with your expectations and hope that in the near future you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence and good will.
Cordially yours,