Having spent 3 weeks in the Caribbean for 20+ years, this was our second visit to the western coast of Mexico and first visit to Ixtapa. This 2 year old facility was just perfect; a really well built facility that was like living outdoors from 8 am to 6 pm. With 6 floors on a cliffside heading down to a small beach, the view was wonderful from our room and from other hotel facilities. The staff was well trained and thoroughly delightful to interact with. They spoke good English and tolerated our broken Spanish. The Spa and dining were excellent and comparable to what one would expect at these prices. We never used the elevator, so there was quite a few steps to help work off the fine food. An excellent biking/hiking trail is in front of the hotel that provides 2+ miles of walking/biking in each direction so we walked to Playa Linda, the Marina, and Ixtapa. Zihuatanejo is a short drive and worth the trip. We had a car but cabs are plentiful. The airport was wonderful and customs were a breeze. Literally it was just over 5 hours from our home near DFW to the hotel room in Ixtapa. It was a perfect week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Capella Ixtapa is a Mexico luxury resort set inside a rock cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The property features suites, private plunge pools, a world-class spa, restaurants, tequila bar, beach wedding locations, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Capella Ixtapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Ixtapa Hotel Ixtapa
- Capella Ixtapa Zihuatanejo
- Capella Ixtapa Hotel Zihuatanejo