My wife and I just absolutely love this resort and it seems just to get better each and every time we go. We have been come friends with many of the locals one who has become our tour guide and driver while we visit. Antonio Lopez an incredible man who is extremely knowledgeable of the history Zihuatanejo and Ixtapa. His # is +527551150369 he will meet you at the airport and transport you anywhere you need to go, his pricing is very reasonable and fair. He took us directly to Capella which is about a 25 minute drive. We were greeted by the friendly staff of Capella, Cruz the Bellman is always so delightful and smiling and our wonderful personal assistant Luz Najera took us to the front desk and escorted us to our room. We were in a Deluxe Ocean Junior Suite Room 62 which we loved for 2 days then moved up to our favorite room #71 Penthouse Suite. The staff informed us Sunday that we were moving rooms while lounging by the infinity pool, we did not leave the pool and they moved everything from room #62 to 71 in about an hour and everything was put in it's exact location. "Unbelievable" Talking about the GOLD STANDARD of service it starts here. Our first dinner was at the Seafood Market which overlooks the Pacific and we got to visit with our longtime friend Fernando. Our second dinner was at A Mares directly across from the Terrace Bar another great meal, remember if you don't like the menu Chef Rurik & Sous Chef Miguel and make anything. We became friends with Lucian the Food and Beverage Supervisor and Omar who waited on us, so helpful. Actually, Lucian could easily be a Sommelier he has a great sense of smell and appreciates quality wines. A lot of time the back of the house is overlooked but I would like to say a BIG thank you to Socorro and Leo for always have such a clean room, housekeeping was super. For the best margarita in town go see Osvaldo at the Terrace Bar great romantic place for Happy Hour. We were celebrating my wife's 50 th birthday and I would recommend for everyone to experience the private dining on the lower deck, we designed our own menu which Chef Rurik nailed. Incredible salad, Sea Bass over mushroom risotto and a chocolate lava cake with homemade vanilla ice cream. I'm sure my Pastry chef friend Paloma developed this great creation. I promise this romantic experience will be one you will always remember. Thanks to Skarlet in the SPA area and Letty for the great Spa treatments. I would recommend that they add several items in the men's locker room (disposable combs, Qtips, aftershave, maybe mirrors in the showers for shaving, disposal toothbrush and toothpaste. Also, I think they should upgrade the workout equipment its the same old stuff that probably been there since they opened. Plus they need to offer head phones and wet ones to clean off the machines. Finally, you will meet some great couples just hanging out by the pool, we meet great people from Chicago, California, Idaho and of course Texas. Our friends from Texas aspiring country artist Cody Joe played about an hour half performance which was awesome. Look Cody Joe Hodges up on YouTube. We cannot thank the entire staff at Capella enough for another incredible stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Capella Ixtapa is a Mexico luxury resort set inside a rock cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The property features suites, private plunge pools, a world-class spa, restaurants, tequila bar, beach wedding locations, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Capella Ixtapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Ixtapa Hotel Ixtapa
- Capella Ixtapa Zihuatanejo
- Capella Ixtapa Hotel Zihuatanejo