“Really outstanding in SUITE # 30”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Capella Ixtapa

Capella Ixtapa
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Ixtapa
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Really outstanding in SUITE # 30”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed there with a 3 night Luxury Link package 6 -> 9 January with an arrival bottle of Veuve Clicquot/ great canapes/ great included daily breakfasts and one dinner at their a mare restaurant. The arrival dinner at their Seafood Market was over the top.
Great service; great people.
Only concern were the spiral stairs.
If you ever go to Ixtapa, buy a Luxury Link package or 2 or 3 and stay here!
Perfecto!
retired expatriate MD
San Miguel de Allende, Gto, Mexico

Room Tip: Suite #30 has the very best and largest plunge pool!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank psmsmdagreyhound
Eliezer_Quin0nes, Director General at Capella Ixtapa, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Appreciated guest:

Thank you for selecting Capella Ixtapas as your getaway. I am pleased to know that you had a great time with us. We truly look forward to your return in a near future.

Eliezer Quinones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

My wife and I spent a week at Capella Ixtapa. Our first impression was that it was beautiful, there are no views that beat the ones you get from your private terrace and pool. We really enjoyed the daily happy hour and for the most part they remembered that my wife did not drink beer so they would bring her a margarita instead. However, there were a few things that we did not like. Our first issue may be a seasonal one, but at night we had bugs that began to come out and basically invade our room if we did not turn off every light. As soon as the sun would go down we knew we had to go inside the room turn off every light and put rolled up towels at the bottom of the french door to cover any gaps, if not those things would find their way into our room. The first night it caught us by surprise when we started hearing these bugs hit the walls and fall on top of us as we were laying down in bed, we called management, but we got no real solution other than covering the gaps underneath the door. As time went by we perfected our nightly routine and were able to keep the bugs out of our room, however this meant that we could not be outside in the terrace at night because the light would attract the bugs. Our second issue was with our private pool, thankfully this only happened towards the end of our trip. For 3 days our pool kept draining and although we would call management to tell them the issue, it did not get fixed so we weren't able to enjoy our pool at the end of our trip. Finally, beware of the fact that they tell you to let them know about any allergens so that they can avoid them. I am allergic to walnuts and shellfish, I let them know and they said their whole staff would be aware, however there were two times when I got walnuts served to me, thankfully I am always cautious so when I saw pieces of nuts in my food I asked them immediately what kind of nut it was and of course it turned out to be walnuts. Except for these three things we had a really good time, the staff was friendly, especially the cleaning staff. I would have expected our pool and bug issue to have been resolved since we were at a five star result, but they didn't. Regardless of these things we really enjoyed our relaxing week in Ixtapa and it is a truly beautiful place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Appreciated guest:

I am pleased to know that you had a great time with us and that we created a memorable experience for you. I am grateful for your comments on areas where we can improve.
We would to love to see you again at Capella Ixtapa and to have the pleasure to serve you again.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I know I will be repeating what has been said previously but this is a stunning resort with excellent service and a decedent location!!
We have just left capella after a 3 night stay for our honeymoon & we are missing it already!! We stayed in room 44 (oceanfront suite) which like all suites has a large bathroom, comfortable bed, outdoor area & breathtaking view!

All staff should be applauded at Capella! Guests have a cordless phone should you wish to place ANY request for room service, the spa or restaurant.

We also had a couples relaxation message which was fabulous! Service in all areas of this resort was done with a smile, I hope to return soon!

Should you wish to ask any questions about capella I will be happy to answer.

Thank you Capella Ixtapa!!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Relax83au
Appreciated guest:

I agree with you, the location is stunning. On behalf of all of the team at Capella, we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

This resort is absolutely AMAZING! From our arrival, until we left, we were treated like a king and queen. The staff is so friendly, attentive and accomodating. By far, the best service I have ever experienced. The resort itself is gorgeous! We stayed in a junior suite with a private plug pool which we utilized every night. The food was also phenomenal! Even the chips and salsa were the best we had in Mexico. We were only a short distance from town, the public beach and Ixtapa Island, which was very convenient and it was nice to be semi-secluded from the other resorts in Ixtapa. We also utilized the spa while we were there. Our couples massage was wonderful and the spa itself offered many services. Overall, our experience was top notch and we would recommend this resort to anyone traveling to Ixtapa.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chelsea W
Eliezer_Quin0nes, Director General at Capella Ixtapa, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Appreciated guest:

On behalf of all the staff at Capella Ixtapa I want to thank you for selecting us as your vacation destination. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful time during your stay.
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience, your feedback is very valuable to us.

We truly hope the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were there Christmas week and there was a no children requirement which was great for relaxation and reading by the pool and for the restaurants. Food was excellent due to two of the best Mexican chefs as selected to be in a June competition for Mexico's best Chef. Service excellent and so attentive. The Manager, Eliezer Quinones, is hands on and has trained his staff to please the guests as well as to anticipate their every need. We have been to resorts all over the world and found this to be the very best despite not having a beach. The views are spectatular.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a great view and are very private due to the hotel layout against the mountain...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank traveladvisor109
Eliezer_Quin0nes, Director General at Capella Ixtapa, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Dr. Goldstein,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent experience at Capella Ixtapa. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our delicious food and I will make sure to convey your compliments to Chef Rurik and Chef Miguel.

Your feedback is very valuable to us and I am happy to know that your overall experience exceeded your expectations.

We sincerely hope the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Warm Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I spent a lot of time searching for the perfect gift for my husband's 40th birthday. I was seeking an experience that would last a lifetime. I stumbled upon Capella, Ixtapa and was immediately drawn in. I told my husband to pack his bags, bring his trunks and we were off to Ixtapa. He was instructed to not ask any questions. When we arrived we were immediately greeted by the kind and courteous staff and taken in by the view of the Pacific Ocean. As the staff walked us through, I stepped back and let my husband walk into the room and his surprise and awe was more than worth the many frustrations trying to keep the surprise-a surprise. We walked into paradise. Our room offered its own infinity pool, unbelievable ocean views and a staff that was there at a moment's notice. The resort is beautiful but the staff is its strongest asset.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Elizabeth Z
Appreciated guest:

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.
We are indeed honor that you selected our hotel to celebrate such an important festivity. We are so delighted to know that we achieved our goal and that you had a memorable experience.

Thank you very much for your description of your room as a spectacular suite with unbelievable-breathtaking ocean views. I will make sure to convey your kind words to the staff.

We would to love to see you again at Capella Ixtapa and to have the pleasure to assist you again.

San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

There are many hotels that claim to offer personal service, but only very few can deliver. Capella Ixtapa is the definition of personal service. Every employee is incredibly trained and you can tell that the entire staff truely enjoy what their doing. We still do not know how they do it: the staff is consistenly anticipating your desire, they remember what you like,and as a customer they really make you feel at home. After the first day we felt like part of the family. Congratulation to Capella Ixtapa and my wife and I can't wait to our return.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ddcamill8790
Hola Amigos:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay here at Capella Ixtapa. As you mentioned, we pride ourselves on being a unique place with genuine hospitality and as the General Manager I can assure you that we focus on this task daily. I will make sure to pass along your compliments to the staff and I will also convey to them about your appreciation for the service that you received.

Thank you once again for selecting Capella Ixtapa and we truly look forward to your return in a near future.