I went with my 2 daughters for a long weekend to celebrate the impending birth of my granddaughter, and what a great time we had!
The hotel is absolutely beautiful, in the most gorgeous location. I would definitely say opt for the deluxe category of room...they are slightly larger and have a huge, sunny terrace. The lower priced room has a shaded terrace.
The rooms are stunning. HUGE terrace, with a large plunge pool (be sure to call the desk to ask them to heat it to the temperature you like!) and comfy outdoor lounge furniture. We had the most beautiful view of the ocean. Every afternoon, drinks and chips and guacamole are brought to your room around 5pm. The bed is super comfortable, wifi works well, and the dressing room and bathroom are huge.
There is really not much of a beach, but two fabulous pools, one salt water and one fresh water.
Usually on vacation, we like to leave the property and eat and restaurants around town. We only did this once, because a) town is a little far away and b) the food at the hotel, and the terraces and restaurants where we ate were so fabulous. The chef will make anything you like, and even made a "double cooked" seviche for my pregnant daughter. The food is inventive but not crazy, and really delicious. The prices are not bad.
We took a cooking course offered by the hotel. The sous-chef and an assistant took us shopping in town for ingredients for our seviche and for our mole sauce. We bought fish, avocados, limes, etc. Then we returned to the hotel and learned how to prepare the dishes. Then we ate them! Yum!
Breakfast was included in our rate, and served on a lovely terrace overlooking the water. There was no buffet, but you just order whatever you want from the menu, and as much as you want!
The special fish dinner at the little restaurant on the point was great. As you walk in, you select the freshly caught fish you want to eat, and tell them how you would like it prepared.
The weather in early December was perfect. Warm, but not stifling, with a nice evening breeze. We just loved our stay at this beautiful hotel. It is true that the hotel was only 30% or so of capacity, and that always makes the stay nicer. But I think even at 100%, this hotel would make sure your stay was perfect and memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Capella Ixtapa is a Mexico luxury resort set inside a rock cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The property features suites, private plunge pools, a world-class spa, restaurants, tequila bar, beach wedding locations, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Capella Ixtapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Ixtapa Hotel Ixtapa
- Capella Ixtapa Zihuatanejo
- Capella Ixtapa Hotel Zihuatanejo