“the best kept secret in mexico”
Review of Ixtapa - CLOSED

Ixtapa
Reviewed December 11, 2012

if you want perfect weather 10 months of the year no rain lots of sun and great safe atmosphere this is the place to be ..a short bus ride away is zihua lots to do see and eat around here

Reviewed January 17, 2012

We found some nice things in the shops in the mall. Better quality and unusual things.

Reviewed December 6, 2011

We took as a family group what they call the city tour which included Ixtapa and Zihautanao. With this package our guide Antonio Flores took us up hillsides, that gave us spectacular views of both locations. The bay of Zih. is unreal, with views of many majestic homes, villa's and expensive get away inns, including Steven Spielbergs newly built vacation home.
If you can book a day of fishing do so you won't be disappointed, we had a fantastic day of fishing hooking a total of 9 fish including Mahi Mahi, Tuna and Sailfish including a 110lb sailfish! All on board the Duquesa II sportfishing boat captained by Jaun and his 2 mates.

1  Thank stampeder_9
Reviewed March 10, 2011

The Blue Shrimp is located in the market area of Ixtapa, very close to Ruben's Burger restaurant.
My husband and I went to the Blue Shrimp March 8, 2011. This is a small open air restaurant in the shopping area of Ixtapa. We were seated outside at a very cute table for 2. The waiter spoke very good english and recommended a few things for us. For an appetizer my husband ordered the Oysters Rockofeller (half order) and I ordered the shrimp coctail. The oysters were amazing. The shrimp coctail was very nice, with small shrimps in a house coctail sauce. For our main course, my husband ordered the house special Blue Shrimp Seafood Pot, with had a variety of fresh seafood in a wonderful cream sauce. I ordered the Shrimp Lola, which was prepared at our table. This was 6 very large shrimp in a mushroom wine and pernod sauce. Absolutely outstanding. We each had a drink and glass of very good cabernet sauvignon followed by a spanish coffee prepared at our table. The total bill including tip was $75!!! An amazing value and excellent meal. I highly recommend this restaurant for casual dining with gourmet food.

Reviewed January 18, 2010

This place is by Senor Frogs , around the back of the lobster shack.On main level in back.Not much to look at...Ot looks like someone ripped off the front wall of a old repair shop and threw up a small bar and set out a few rickety tables.........But he lobster tail and shrimp here are HUGE and delicious.....Drinks were pricey for a place off a resort but what the heck......A meal like the wife and I had would be about $80 at Red Lobster and would have been no where as good as we had for $50 , drinks included. If you do an all inclusive you will want to get off the property anyhow at least once so I'd try this if you like shrimp and lobster.