“Love it !!”

Chicago
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love it !!”
Reviewed September 24, 2009

I have been going to this area for the past 15 years. One of the reasons I love Ixtapa is that I get to dine at Soleiado. If Soleidao was not there, I probably would not return to Ixtapa. I have had everything on the menu.. and I have to say that I can't tell you what my favorite dish is....I love them all. Sometimes I just ask the owners to pick something out for me.....delicious every time. Can't wait to go back in Feb 2010 !!

1 Thank caesar10

Gresham Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fatastic food and very friendly”
Reviewed April 5, 2009

We ended up going here one night when our first choice, Villa de la Selva, was having a private event. We were so lucky to find this place. Francesco, the owner was fantastic. He has an open kitchen so you can see everything going on in case you are worried about cleanliness.
We ended up eating one dinner, 2 breakfasts and a lunch there during our stay. At our first dinner, he was telling our two sons, 18 and 22, where to go for the clubs, and even gave them his phone number in case there was any problem. Try to find a place in the states where the owner does that!

Great food, the fillet Mignon was amazing, bolognas sauce fantastic and the eggs Benedict were to die for. Can't say enough about this place and the great care they took.

Please support his establishment.

1 Thank houndogforever
novato, ca
“Good Food - Bad Service”
Reviewed March 11, 2009

We really enjoyed the food, but the service was probably the worst we ever had at any restuarant. After we got our food, our waiter never came within 25 feet of our table.

3 Thank murphytraveler
chicago
“The Place to eat in Ixtapa”
Reviewed February 20, 2009

Probably the best eggs Benedictk in the entire area and the dinners are wonderful! Try the Shrmp Cannaloni or the spinach ravioli, the Fish of the day with chrispy galic on the side ,the Tai Shrimp are great and possibly the best Flan outside of France. To many other items to list. We've been going here for dinner for more than 15 years! They get busy, make a reservation but just sit back and enjoy.

2 Thank mewchicago
Florida
“Soleado - a must when in Ixtapa”
Reviewed January 25, 2009

My wife and I had a wonderful week visit to Ixtapa and we were fortunate enough to visit Soleado twice for dinner. In each case we had a magnificent experience dinning outside. The staff is very professional and the food is great. On the first visit I had tuna tartar followed by whole snapper and my wife had gazpacho followed by linguini. All dishes were excellent and generous. My wife hardly made a dent and the owner was concerned that there was a problem. Such was not the case – he said that they would be happy to serve half portions in the future. A few days later we returned and had another fine meal. This time I started with tuna, followed by a tomato salad, and for the main dish shrimp. They were to die for. My wife had Cesar salad followed by chicken parmesan (which she finished!!!). For desert I had double chocolate pecan pie. The owners make a point to come and chat at each table for a few minutes. The food is without exception outstanding and at a reasonable price. I will make a point of returning to Solaedo the next time I am in this lovely part of the world.

1 Thank The_Wise_Professor