“They don't listen”
Review of Portofino

Portofino
Ranked #76 of 119 Restaurants in Ixtapa
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I have tried to like. But last night I went and ordered the chicken breast an they brought me out fish. When I ask the waiter, he said are you sure you didn't order fish. I said I order the chicken. Then he walked off leaving me to eat the fish. Unless you speak Spanish I would stay away from there. There are other great places in the same area. I come to Puerto valarta once a month

Reviewed January 5, 2013

It is one example of the awful food they served when we went to Portofino to have dinner.
We ordered a fish carpaccio and it was served with mayonnaise. The gnocchi were only a bad pasta cut and offered with a supermarket cheese sauce. We ordered a mint tea (5 times before getting it) and they brought chamomile tea.
The service was chaotic. Totally disorganized.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

The service is excellent, and the food was delicious. They make their own pasta in-house, and the freshness definitely shows. For the quality, the cost was more than reasonable.

Reviewed April 12, 2010

The food was very tasty. They will prepare part of your order right in front of you - quite a show. The price was on the higher side, too high for Ixtapa. The wine list is OK. One thing that surprised me - the restaurant has no windows; I felt like dining in a basement. There are a couple of windowless restaurants in Prague, for example, but that's a different story. It would have been nice to select a better location (this hotel is huge) and take advantage of the ocean views.

Reviewed September 28, 2008

While staying at Las Brisas, we had dinner one night at Portofino's. The cuisine was excellent. We ordered the Caesar Salad for two. The dressing was made from scratch in front of our table while we watched. It was delicious! I ordered a pasta dish without seafood, meat or poultry. It was fabulous! We finished off our meal with specialty coffees flamed at our table...delicious! The service was excellent.

2  Thank Daisy052