“Great breakfast!”

Ranked #9 of 117 Restaurants in Ixtapa
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We had breakfast at Casa Morelos on the recommendation of our hotel staff, and we really enjoyed it! The chilequiles were especially good, as was the coffee. The prices were reasonable and the service staff was very attentive. The only drag is that it's right next door to Senor Frogs, which is an eyesore in such a neat area (IMHO). Plus, it's within walking distance of most of the resorts in downtown Ixtapa and the open-air markets down the street.

1  Thank Kristen K
There are newer reviews for Casa Morelos

Reviewed June 14, 2012

My family has been traveling to Ixtapa for many years. Casa Morelos is one of our favorite places. The atmosphere is great, the staff is wonderful, and the owner is very attentive. Most importantly, the food is always yummy! We usually eat here at least twice during our week-long stay. I would encourage visitors to Ixtapa to support the independant restaurants even if you are staying at an all-inclusive hotel. They are part of the reason I look forward to my trip every year.

1  Thank 01ch
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We were disappointed in this restaurant. We had been told it was very good......and although there was nothing wrong with it, it just wasn't anything special.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Just back from our 14th extended trip to Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo...and our third try at Morelos. Still disappointing. Fajitas, red snapper, etc., mediocre compared to restaurants we frequent (e.g., Deborah and Mama Norma's in Ixtapa, many in Zihua that we have gone to several times on almost every trip). The food is, well, uninspired. Also, no complementary ceviche prior to your meal, no lime slices until we asked(!), etc. . While at that time other restaurants were offering 2-for-1 margaritas, they were not; their drinks are sub-par - and overpriced, as is the food. Although it's in an outdoor mall area, it can get warm "inside", and the fans near us were not immediatey turned on as in most similar venues. There will be no fourth try. Do some research on this site - you have better options.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

We have been going to Morelos for many years and it's always on my "must-eat" list every year I visit. There is nothing particularly special about it, but the owner (Javier) is incredibly personable and really professional--makes you feel very good about your choice. I always have the fish, but members of my family really enjoy the fajitas, enchiladas and tampiqueno steak. We are also huge fans of the Spanish coffee for dessert! We have always had good experiences here, and I can't recommend it enough for those looking for a simple yet good meal in the main commercial area of Ixtapa.

1  Thank Ciarrai81