“Private Tour”

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sicily Private Tours
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was a class A tour. The driver was waiting at the Port as we exited the ship, with name sign in hand. I was happily surprised when we boarded a very clean, newer, comfortable Mercedes mini bus. There were a total of 13 family members, and we all enjoyed the experience of this private tour.

We also hired a local guide which was a good choice since the drivers speek little English.

The visit to Mt Etna was awesome. My suggestion is to by the Honey from the people on Mt Etna, the stores are not as tasty. You will not be disapointed.

Our group passed on the visit to the Theater in Taormina, since the majority of us wanted to shop and visit the city. Don't miss out on the Home Made Desserts.

2  Thank lynnehajj
"anyone wanting"
in 3 reviews
"driver guide"
in 3 reviews
"you will not be disappointed"
"wonderful experience"
"visiting sicily"
"excellent service"
"catania airport"

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My two friends and I have just returned from one week in Sicily and were lucky to have Gaetano Mendola as our driver/guide. He was very professional and always 30 minutes early. A very friendly and humorous man he had us on our toes the whole time. He taught us Italian as we went about in his Mercedes and every place he took us it was obvious that he was held in deep respect. We always came first and he treated us in a very friendly and familiar manner. I would recommend Gaetano to anyone who wants to share Sicily in a light and friendly manner..................Diana Cross, Silver Creek , NY

2  Thank Diana C
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I booked three day tours with Gaetano for my wife and me and three other couples. We had a fabulous time. Not only was he very professional, with a friendly personality, but he was obviously respected by the people we met. The tours took us to places we would never have gone on our own with guides who were very knowledgable. The added flexibility that he provided to meet the needs of our group made the whole experience a cherished memory.

3  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Our guide Joe (Giuseppe) met us at the port and was not only an excellent driver but also escorted us into all of the sites providing complete explanations in excellent English. He even took us to the Catacombs. Unbelievable. We saw many sites and went to the beach for lunch. All in all it was a wonderful day. The vehicle was excellent.

4  Thank RandR2