“Excellent,Amazing.j”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of The Ongar Bell

Take a seat at your very own bar!
A great space for a great time! Something to keep the boys entertained?!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Take a seat at your very own bar!
A great space for a great time!
Something to keep the boys entertained?!
Art deco backdrop behind the bar
The dining room with exposed original beams
The living room with a real log fire
Double bedroom, tastefully decorated in blue
En suite double bedroom tastefully decorated in black and white
Double bedroom, tastefully decorated in green
Double bedroom with bay window, tastefully decorated in gold
Spacious landing
Large family kitchen with American style fridge freezer
Kitchen double doors open out on to a spacious terrace, perfect for al fresco dining!
The Ongar Bell, an impressive landmark on the High Street
A perfect place to relax in your own lounge bar
Patio area
Garden area
Garden area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

jarman000...
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Excellent,Amazing.j”
Reviewed May 3, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

What a lovely place to stay. My Family & I spent 3 nights there & loved every minute.. so much space inside even more outside. Also Ongar has a lot to offer, the railway,the nuclear Bunker,rope climbing. I would recommend the Ongar Bell to everyone. Thank you Yvonne..

May 8, 2017
Delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay here at The Ongar Bell, you were perfect guests and would be very welcome back at anytime.
jarman201...
Essex, United Kingdom
“What a place....”
Reviewed May 1, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

A group of us stayed here for my dads 65th and I have to say it's the perfect house for any celebration or even just to stay for a quiet weekend... it's quiet and peaceful garden was so relaxing, BBQ area was a good addition for the chefs of the group :-) and of course the bar was an amazing for the evenings and it was full of fun games for the kids to play (wii, Xbox etc).
The area is great, nice shops, bars, cafes and restaurants and there's plenty of places to visit in surrounding areas too.

The House is very nicely finished and everything in there was of a high standard, I was really impressed given the age of the property but you can clearly see the owners have spent a lot of time and effort turning into the glamorous house it is today.

I will 100% be returning here, it's rare to have the opportunity to stay in place like this and now I know it's there I will be making the most of it!

P.s. I didn't book the trip so I didn't deal with the owners however my Dad couldn't praise them enough and he can be a fussy git so they must have been very good to keep him happy :-)

May 3, 2017
I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, your father was a pleasure to talk to and very easy to do business with. You would all be very welcome back and I look forward to the next time.
Jayde W
Paphos, Cyprus
“Fantastic - everything we needed & more!”
Reviewed October 31, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Have just arrived home from a Halloween weekend away at this place with 10 of our friends - The Bell far exceeded our expectations and was just perfect in every way! Having the bar and separate dining room upstairs was fantastic, and meant we never felt the need to venture out into the high street as we had all we needed to make our evening an entertaining one, inside!

The owners were great, nothing was too much trouble.

We are already planning our return trip next year!

Nov 2, 2016
Delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, you would be welcome back anytime.
jesshaigh
London, United Kingdom
“Couldn't have been more perfect!!”
Reviewed June 18, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

We had a wonderful wonderful hen do! The brief was dancing, walking, karaoke, easy reach of London, a good space to eat lots of food and lots of drinking! It couldn't have been more perfect for all of the above- everyone absolutely loved it! It was a bit different but very special and given the opportunity I will definitely be returning!

Traveling group: Large Group
Jun 23, 2016
Delighted that you all enjoyed your weekend with us' you were a pleasure and very welcome back.
Neil T
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Family weekend TOWIE”
Reviewed May 25, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Right from the get go Yvonne was delightful and charming , a superb venue as mentioned in other posts the photos look great but don't do it justice . So much room so many essentials to hand it's a home from home , I could wax lyrical over paragraphs and paragraphs but I will simply say from 6 mths to 70 everyone had a great time if your looking for a venue be it family party hen stag or just a real knees up you've found it . Single bed thing is a valid point but as previously mentioned didn't cause to many issues . Thanks Yvonne loved it X

Ken T
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Luxury living”
Reviewed May 20, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

If you feel like a relaxing for a week or weekend with your friends or family or both this is the place to stay. This accommodation has everything you could possibly require .
The original pub bar with its own snooker table and 60" TV, 6 bedrooms plus couches ,a large hot tub, massive kitchen fully equipped. There is also another dining area /lounge with another large TV where you can escape too if you wish .The garden is well laid out with stacks of seating space
There is only space for two cars but there are car parks nearby which are free at the weekend.
The only thing I would have like to have had was more single beds (only 2 +2 folding) as this helps when sleeping the older folks in the party.
Apart from that minor point this is a great venue for a break

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The comfort and space
Liked least: nothing I can think of
Traveling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Siobhan S
“Mrs ”
Reviewed February 19, 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

I found the Ongar bell while searching for a place to stay for my best friends hen weekend in Essex, I wanted a house as opposed to a hotel so was delighted when I found it!

The house is absolutely amazing with its on bar and separate dining room ( don't think we were ever out of the bar ), one of the nights we had a chef come in and cook for us which was fab and we even made use of the dumb waiter! It has everything you could possibly need and we just arranged a saindburys food delivery for when we arrived.

The bedrooms are beautifully decorated, each with their own style and two had an ensuite!

The location was brilliant , Ongar is a beautiful little town with lots of restaurants and bars dotted along it if you wanted to stay local or we went through to Brentwood on a few occasions which was only 15mins in a taxi!

We all had a fantastic weekend and I really think the house made it, I would recommend it to anyone staying in Essex with a large party and we all can't wait to go back, maybe in summer so we can make full use of the lovely garden and hot tub!

Feb 27, 2016
Thank you for your review, you are a lovely bunch of girls flying down from Scotland to visit Essex and I hope the wedding is as successful as your hen weekend.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing