Mulberry House Hotel
Down Hall Hotel & Spa(Hatfield Heath)
$138
$126
Agoda.com
$131
$109
$69
Premier Inn Brentwood Hotel(Brentwood)(Great Value!)
$72
$50
$64
$58
TripAdvisor
Hunters Meet Hotel(Hatfield Heath)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmulberry houseafternoon teasconesblack swansbeautiful groundswedding venuemy daughterbeautiful venuehigh teaattention to detailgarden roombridal suitefrom start to finishbride and groomwedding breakfastwonderful weddingwedding reception
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My daughter and her new husband held their wedding reception here on Saturday and what a wonderful experience it was. Everything was perfect from the welcome drinks to the last dance nothing was too much trouble for the very helpful staff. Claire organised every detail and fulfilled my daughters dream wedding. We had afternoon tea for one hundred guests and a wonderful barbeque for one hundred and thirty in the evening.
Everybody congratulated us on finding such a wonderful venue with beautiful grounds now I can't wait to see the photos.Thank you again to Claire Sullivan and all the lovely staff for making my daughters wedding a day we will never forget.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank canehall
Reviewed June 9, 2012

My sons wedding was lovely,everyone is so nice and helpfull,cant thank you enough.Also i had my 60th there in june2012.Thank you all very much,the lady with the blond hair that runs the garden room sorry can not remember your name.Thank you very much for being so helpfull and nice.

Room Tip: all the rooms in the house are lovely some are bigger then others.Only looked at the ones outside and they are lovely.What we stayed in was quiet
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank susan w
Reviewed May 17, 2012

The pictures of this place make it look stunning and the grounds surrounding it certainly are.
However, for £95 for bed and breakfast i would have expected far better. The room we were allocated was in the main house and was a large family room on the third floor. If you are in any way disabled then this place is not for you because access to the rooms in the main house is by staircase only and its a long way to the third floor.
Our room on the third floor was indeed very spacious but we soon found out that the toilet was of the electrically controlled Macerator type and did not work at all well so we asked to be moved.
We were moved to a much smaller room on the second floor and although clean and tidy, there was very little room to move around. The room had a kettle in it with various condiments for the making of tea or coffee but a sign warning us not to drink the water made these items all but redundant.
Breakfast was served in a rather cold dining room come conservatory to the rear of the building. Breakfast was a mixture of cereals/fruit followed by a full English which seemed to go cold very quickly and the sausages were a nice shade of pink in the middle. The coffee reminded me of the days of British Rail buffet cars.
All in all, although adequate, i expected a much better experience for the price.
Check out is a very early 10.30am and the cleaners will be waiting ouside to remind you of this with hoover in hand.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 129c
MulberryRetreat, Manager at Mulberry House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Mulberry House is an elegant and beautiful 18th century Georgian building with 25 bedrooms, which offer lots of period character. Whilst the house has been converted into a lovely Hotel, the House is a Grade 2 listed building and therefore there are unfortunately restrictions and regulations about how far the structure and character can be altered. One of these restrictions it that a modern lift cannot be attached to the building and hence we request that guests notify us of any limited mobility at the time of booking.
Each room would have once upon a time been used for something different other than as a bedroom and hence each room offers unique character and varies slightly in size as some are used as family bedrooms.
There are signs in each of the bedrooms asking guests to call reception should they like some water as we shall happily provide bottles complimentary when requested. Tea and Coffee can still be made in the room as the water is boiled.
We are in the process of developing customer service from all of our staff and therefore your comments shall of course be taken on board for our training.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night after my friends wedding at the same venue. The wedding itself was beautiful, although I feel they should allow wedding parties to check in earlier as the bride had a last minute panic because she could only arrive a couple of hours prior to the event.
I had a courtyard suite for £90 and the setting is glorious. Chickens and ducks wander freely around the grounds and you can sit and drink a tea with them in the courtyard.
My suite had a bedroom, en suite bathroom, living area with a TV and sofa and a separate kitchen, although there was no fridge.
In the suite I was provided with tea, sugar, milk, a packet of biscuits and a kettle. No coffee, but that was OK with me as I am not a coffee drinker. The bathroom had shower gel, a soap and some body lotion. The shower was pretty standard, not a power shower, but it worked fine.
The bed was comfortable and the linen was all clean.
The breakfast was a buffet of fried eggs, baked beans, sausages, bacon, fried bread, mushrooms and tomatoes. There was orange and apple juice, and cereal. The other people in my party were offered tea and coffee and toast when they arrived, but I got up a bit later and was not offered toast or anything hot to drink.
All in all it was perfectly acceptable and £90 for 2 people seems like a fair price. I wasn't blown away by the staff, but I personally had no reason to complain.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Brownbuddies

We appreciate all feedback from our guests, as it is only by hearing from them that we are able to maintain and improve the services that we offer. We also believe that Mulberry House is a lovely wedding venue and we aim to make every wedding a special and truly memorable occasion.
We offer a bridal changing area for each wedding and the Bride for this particular day used this space from 8.30am on the morning of her wedding and as the Honeymoon Suite had not been used the night before, she also checked in to her bedroom early.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Had special offer £120 Per couple, 3 course meal, Overnight stay in main house, and full Breakfast. Great offer nice room and great meal. only down side we was the only people in the restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple