“Fantastic food and service!”
Review of Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Braunston
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My partner and I came to the Admiral Nelson expecting a nice meal in the sunshine, I can honestly say we underestimated this pub. The food was fantastic, I had the ham and my partner had the Buffalo Burger, we were both very happy with the food.

The service was also fantastic, we did have to wait a while for our food however the lovely waitress did tell us this and as it was sunny, we didn't mind waiting. All of the staff were very friendly and we couldn't have hoped for more.

We will definitely return to this delightful pub and we will also be attending your festival!
Please don't be put off by the few bad comments on here as there is always people who can not be pleased!!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I Took my Dad on Fathers Day this year, it was busy and we hadn't booked a table but the Lady behind the bar explained there was a bar menu and so we sat on the sofas and ordered from there. The atmosphere was lovely, the location is idyllic and staff were friendly with my cheeky tipsy Father (who was happy with the variety of beers!) and incredibly fussy younger brother, they were very understanding when we stripped what was a gourmet burger down to bare basics for him!
We ordered the "pints" of prawns, seafood and scampi and they did not disappoint, Beautifully cooked and presented, all the extras were delicious and served in quaint little saucepans. The Cheese burger and chips we had ordered for a child was perfect, he said he loved the chips and how it was served on a board. Staff were quick to check back and ask whether we needed any more drinks etc.
I will definitely be back however I may think in advance to book a table and experience the restaurant food!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

On a very sunny, busy Saturday evening we walked in from a luxurious walk along the canal, we decided to stop in here and have a evening meal. After being told the wait is 40 minutes we decided to wait. We ordered 2 sirloin steaks medium rare. The restaurant is small, cosy and a lovely atmosphere. Our food came out within 30 minutes. The steaks were cooked to perfection and the quality of the meat is fresh. The steak garnish was bursting with lovely flavors and perfectly cooked vine tomato which was accompanied by fresh cress salad with lovely garlic dressing.
Overall a great experience and lovely end to a day, would recommend to all.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

It was late afternoon and we were told they don't start serving food until 6pm which was fine as it was 5.45pm. We had looked at both of their website the .org and .co.uk menus which looked ok unfortunately we were told they were out dated!
We had the outside menu as it was such a lovely afternoon which mostly consisted of bar snacks really not much of a main meal selection we ordered the whitebait, olives with tomato tapenade, Camembert, chunky chips, chicken and mango salad, fish and chips. We were disappointed with the whitebait which only had minimal bread with it, the olives and tomato were straight out of a tin and the bread sticks were also out of a box (which I would give to my children). We were eating our meal and one of us noticed that the Camembert had a sell by date on it of 1/06/2014. We ate the meal today 9/06/2014. The waitress came over with our side order of chips and cheese and we pointed this out to her, she said she would tell the chef. The bar lady who took our order came out to query it and said she would speak to the chef. Sometime later she came back to say it was completely fine and the Camembert was frozen and defrosted to order? We asked how and she replied it was heated up in the microwave !!
We weren't offered another one as it seemed perfectly normal to serve this even though it was over a week out of date! She came back later to collect the dishes and we showed her the condiments were also dated May 2014. After disappearing again and returned saying its a best before date not a sell by date but the packets had been removed from our table so we couldn't check if if was best before or sell by! She also said that she quite happily eats yogurt which has past it's sell .
They appeared to be trying to copy The Hand and Flowers menu somewhat with Aldi food supplies!
I am staggered that a restaurant can serve frozen out of date Camembert and condiments which are also out of date without a flicker of an eye. Food poisoning is a very serious matter having suffered from it previously I can talk from personal experience.
Not even offered a replacement, initially told it would be taken off the bill then to return and be told it's ok it's out of the freezer and has been defrosted in the microwave beggars belief!
It was only after contacting environmental health to confirm they couldn't sell out of date food that I contacted them for a refund. They STILL didn't believe me and I eventually received a refund 4 days later. Not an overall enjoyable experience.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Arrived here with two children and two dogs on a glorious afternoon. It was busy but had free tables. I spent £12 ordering drinks and asked for menus. The wait for food was quoted as being an hour. Got the kids some crisps and chose what we wanted to eat, happily prepared for the wait in the sunshine . Went to the bar to be told they were not taking any more good orders for a least half an hour as kitchen backed up. Left and will not return and being local, have regularly visited here before.

1  Thank Hazeyfish