Quinta Lili
Villas Carrizalillo(Puerto Escondido)
$272
$215
Hotel Santa Fe(Puerto Escondido)
$97
$80
Hotel Rockaway(Puerto Escondido)(Great Value!)
$64
$147
$133
Vivo Resorts(Puerto Escondido)
$136
Orbitz.com
Hotel Aldea del Bazar(Puerto Escondido)(Great Value!)
$62
$60
Travelocity
Hotel Suites Villasol(Puerto Escondido)(Great Value!)
$97
$93
Hotel Paraiso Escondido(Puerto Escondido)(Great Value!)
$41
$40
Agoda.com
Hotel Le Petit Hotel(Puerto Escondido)(Great Value!)
$37
Hotel Las Olas(Puerto Escondido)
$27
  • Beachfront
All reviewsevery morningmaster suiteplaya carrizalillosunrise roomminute walkthe nicest beachthe ownerhonor barother gueststop floorwalking distanceprivate jacuzziwonderful hospitalitybed and breakfastfresh fruitmexican breakfasta wonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 19, 2012

That might sound a little dramatic, but this really is a lovely lovely place. I have been to Mexico a few times in the last few years and travelled all over, but of all the places I have been, this has to be my favourite.

The house was specifically designed as a small boutique hotel, and there are only 5 rooms, but it is perfect. Carizalillo beach is a very short walk and if you don't want to walk just look out your upstairs window at the panoramic views!

The 5 rooms all have different characteristics - size wise and view wise. I was there slightly off season and so was in the master suite on the top floor. 9 months later I still show my friends pictures of the view of the Pacific from the numerous windows, the view of the Pacific from the hot tub, the view of the Pacific from the cute mezzanine level. Did I mention the view of the Pacific?

Actually the best thing about this hotel is the lovely Adelina. She is young, intelligent, gracious, and delighted to help visitors experience the real Mexico in this welcoming fishing village. She will make suggestions for restaurants and trips, and if you are lucky will accompany you on those trips. If you want to be left alone she will leave you alone but I would suggest talking to her when you can and taking her advice. I am learning Spanish and every morning over breakfast she would talk to me in Spanish, and explain words and the different meanings, relating the words to real life events, politics, music etc. Breakfast was so enjoyable.

That may of course be down to the breakfasts conjured up by Josefina. These are not 5* star buffet breakfasts. These are the breakfasts you get when you stay with your favourite aunt, who waits for you to descend from your room whenever you wake up, puts a coffee and juice in front of you and cooks you whatever you feel like, without you even having to tell her what you feel like. And all the while you are sitting under a palapas roof beside your private pool, deciding whether to go to the pacific beach now or later. Decisions, decisions..

The taxi ride into town is short, straight and cheap, and should not put anyone off staying on Carizalillo. But if you don't want to taxi there is a little cluster of shops, bars and restaurants about 2 minutes walk from the hotel. This includes a minimarket which stocks most necessities, a number of launderettes, and a very good coffee /chocolate shop. The vibe is casual and relaxed.

A beautiful house, with lovely rooms, a private dipping pool, Pacific views, chilled restaurants & shops a hop skip and a jump away, and the town of Puerto E , with its beaches and restaurants, a 3 min taxi trip away.
if that isn't heaven, I don't know what is.

Room Tip: Aim high, higher rooms have the views. But if they are not available the lower rooms are very nice and have poolside terraces. It is a win-win!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Irishtoo
Reviewed June 29, 2012

There is not one criticism I could give Quinta Lili - the hotel is immaculate in a beautiful location with the most friendly and helpful of hosts, Adelina and Josephina - what a great breakfast she makes too! During our 10 day stay every need was catered too perfectly - I couldn't recommend a place more!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank emilycohen99
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My husband and I spent a week in the Master Suite at Quinta Lili last month, during our honeymoon and we can not recommend the place highly enough!
The villa itself is gorgeous, our room -perfect (complete with rooftop spa) and the local beach is the best for swimming in the area.
We enjoyed the most amazing dolphin tour- out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, amongst a few hundred (!) dolphins frolicking in the wild. Absolutely recommend it.
Adelina's knowledge of the area and her recommendations were excellent and the tour guides she sent us to, equally as good.
I had expressed interest in local cooking classes before arriving and while this isnt something generally available, Adelina happily arranged for us to go with her and Josefina over to Villa Lili, their sister villa, to cook some local dishes with the lovely Irena in their kitchen -on two separate occasions! Nothing was too hard for them and it was so greatly appreciated by us. We had a great time (and now have some pretty delicious recipes to enjoy at home).
Josefina's breakfasts are something to look forward to every morning. Those shrimp tacos will never be matched!
We felt like we were staying with friends, with Adelina & Josefina and that to me, is the mark of fantastic hospitality.
We definitely hope to make it back one day.
Sally & Adrian

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SallyA81
Reviewed May 13, 2012

My girlfriend and I spend 5 nights at Quinta Lili. The place is beautiful, the nearby beach is lovely and the service at the hotel was just great. Both the tasty freshly made breakfast each day from Josephina and the help booking tours and finding the right restaurants from Adelina were just awesome, earning Quinta Lili a toprating from us.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank larsefx
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We just stayed at Quinta Lilli for 8 nights in April 2012, and had superb vacation in every way. Loved PE, the hotel, the service and hospitality, the neighborhood, and beaches nearby. We felt completely relaxed as soon as we checked in and didn't want to leave as we checked out. I've been to a lot of small boutique-like hotels all over Mexico and this is my new favorite. PE is unlike a lot of Mexican vacation spots - it's not resort focused, so you'll see less big hotels and more small hotels like QL.

Quinta Lili sits in the Playa Carrizalillo area, where the most scenic beach in the area is (IMHO). It's a quiet neighborhood with a cute main street of shops and eateries. It's a 5 min cab or 15-20 min walk to the main beach town where all the surfers/touristy stuff is. It's also a close walk to the downtown area where the local markets are. In any regard, cabs are cheap and everything is close enough to walk to and there's a wide variety of stuff to do and see. It's have a margarita and stroll kind of place.

The hotel itself is immaculate and the little touches of quality are throughout. Clean, stylish rooms; incredible homemade breakfast in the morning; a fridge with beers and drinks in you can grab during the day from the outdoor kitchen (and priced right!); flowers and beautiful lighting and music at night to set a nice relaxes romantic mood.

Adelina knows how to run a hotel - she's a great hostess and took incredible care of us. I came with a long list of shops/places to check out and I ended up simply letting her take care of us. She helped us arrange surfing lessons, dining recommendations and other days and evening trips. She's well wired in the community and all of her recommendations ended up being excellent - great service, great attention, and all fairly priced. We always felt like we were in good hands and I felt like the people she recommended we all great service providers.

All and all an outstanding trip/stay! We're already planning our visit back in the fall.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple