“A paradise”

Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Puerto Escondido
Tucson, Arizona
“A paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

This complex is lovely, well situated and a real haven. The staff is friendly, able and ever vigilant to the needs of the guests. They seem sincerely interested in making sure the guests are comfortable and happy. They did an excellent job in helping me sojourn to Oaxaca City for a couple of days sending me off with Captain Vega who pilots a lovely twin engine plane for a very affordable price. Our apartment was well furnished, quite comfortable and quiet. The maids were excellent in every way. The owner has a meet and greet on Monday evenings in his apartment and it was interesting meeting the other guests, many of whom had great life stories. Many of the guests were repeat guests over the years. I definitely recommend the Casamar.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank pueolane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

I cannot really add to the many positives written by others about this hotel.However I will add a couple of points not previously mentioned.If you are a beach walker (or jogger) then this is for you as it is quite a long beach and the sand is in itself walk-able.The rooms (at least the one we stayed in) have large screened windows and doors at the front and a screened opening at the back.This front/back screening allows for a cross breeze which coupled with the excellent room fans and landscaping did not require us to use the air conditioner at all.I do not agree with a previous comment that the hotel is situated in a rough looking neighbourhood but rather a typical one where sandy streets are the norm.Also,the Amoki restauant , where you likely will have your included breakfast also serves very decent hamburgers ,pizzas and other dishes during the daytime and evening

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Dongara
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

Since we were visiting Huatulco before, which is cleaner and more family-friendly in terms of streets and security, Puerto Escondido appeared to us to be a rougher turf. When we took the cab towards Casamar, the road and area looked dusty and pretty rural with dogs chasing around others between empty buildings. The Casamar is located next to the beach and is a wonderful place with a beautiful pool and large rooms that can house many. Cooking is possible in the rooms and with a mini.market not far, we used it frequently since the offered breakfast, which is not in the Casamar but a walk down the dusty road in a little place called Amoki, has not been an option for us since my girlfriend had already trouble with the food and the Amoki offered mostly eggs and honestly, did not look very clean to us. On the upside, the friendly maid at the Casamar helped us even washing the dishes and kept the whole apartment clean while the gardener kept the pool area in a perfect condition. Also, the staff helped us tremendously when we asked for a doctor, as well gave us worthful recommendations where to eat, swim and shop in Pto. Escondido. We were taking cabs frequently to get to the best beaches, which are Manazanillo and Carazalillo and also have been using the bus to the market up in downtown and they appear to be safe while we received warnings not to walk on the beach at night and we werent feeling safe at night in general so we stayed mostly at the Casamar at night as at the Playa Zicatela wasnt alot of nightlife going during our stay anyway.
The rooms/apartments are good, however need a television since the only television at the Casamar wasnt working. The connectivity of the free wifi was ok, but worked mostly at the pool. Overall, it has been a pleasant stay at the Casamar but there is still room for improvement and I hope the owner can get it done in order to make it even better.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Knutschito1
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Casamar is a great place to stay in Puerto Escondido. You are next to the Pacific Ocean in the quite part of Puerto Escondido (Punta). It is a very nice place with many "alternative people". Casamar is a beutiful place to stay. Everything is very clean and I like very much the staff and the owner. The design of the suites is very colorful in a Mexican traditional style. You can enjoy time in a hamac in the tropical garden with swimming pool, take some yoga or dance classes and enjoy a beautiful sunset on the Pacific - sometimes on the terrace on the roof of the building while Will (very nice owner) is welcoming all his guest with a drink and snacks as an "gettogether".
The rooms are very nice and are very well equiped with kitchen and you will be able to cook for yourself in case you are not in the mood to go out. To summarize: A great place to be with very nice people and staff. Dont miss it in case you plan your vacation in Puerto Escondido! Thank you to the great staff and thank you Will!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SilviaB0103
willsawyer, Manager at Casamar Suites Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Hola Silvia!
It was great to have you here and learn about your contribution to the community in La Punta area along with Alejandro.
We look forward to your return to your home in Puerto!
Ulladulla, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Casamar was recommended to us from some new found friends who had just stayed there. We booked in for 2 nights and ended up staying for over 2 weeks because the place is an absolute oasis in beautiful Puerto Escondido. The owners have designed, built and decorated all the rooms and common areas to make you feel right at home and they have done an outstanding job. The owners are both caring and considerate and it was a real pleasure to meet them. The staff from reception were always friendly and very knowledgeable and helped us to organize and explore a large part of Oaxaca state. We made Casamar our base for our month in Mexico and while we explored the mountains and Oaxaca city the owners let us store our surfboards and extra luggage for free. It was always so nice to return to Casamar and relax in such a beautiful complex with everything you need on holiday including daily maid service to clean your rooms, kitchen, bring fresh towels and sheets and wash your laundry, so good! The gardens around the pool are so beautiful and provide a cool place to retreat from those hot Mexico afternoons, as are the air conditioned rooms which made siesta time a refreshing and relaxing part of our holiday. As a surfing couple we found the location ideal, walking distance to both playa Zicatela and La Punta, mid beach just a minutes walk, nearby restaurants and shops in a quiet area around 5 minutes cab ride away from the noisy nightlife areas. We hope to be back there soon, thanks to everyone at Casamar! We highly recommend it to all our friends and family.

Room Tip: Higher floors have beach and point views, we stayed in Plumeria room which is huge and equipped with...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Geoff H
willsawyer, Front Office Manager at Casamar Suites Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hey there! So glad to hear you guys made it back home safe :) We are so glad to have met you both and we hope to see you again in the future! Stay in touch! Also, contact us the next time you visit to receive 10% off your next stay (certain restrictions apply) no matter when you visit. Cheers!
mexico city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

i dtayed 2 times in this garden hotel with its beautyful swimming pool. for me the big garden in the quiet neigbourhood is unique. I loved justtobein the garden and watch the huming birds, the palms nadthe flowers. My room was veryclean all the time and the kitchen was well equiped, so that I could cook easely, make my shakes in the blender and make my morning cofe in the cafe mashine. the stuff is very friendly and the offer all kind of aktivities. my,room was very stylishly decorated with hand painted tails amazing pictures and confortable beds. Itis a place that I enjoyed a lot.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank robert w
We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We also like staying in touch with guests to hear of travels and to share photos. So stay connected :) And now that you have stayed with us, you are automatically part of our Guests Rewards Program. Enjoy 10% off your next stay, no matter when you visit. Notify the office for the best promotion code to use :)
Unalaska, Alaska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

After staying at Casamar Suites i had real mixed feelings about it. The rooms are clean, comfortable and look fantastic. Thats not what I am writing this review about.
I am writing a review to tell you an experience I had with the owner one night. The owners organized a 'meet and greet' evening, it was a few hours where everyone can have a chat with one another and enjoy a cocktail made by the owners.
It was all going well until, the male owner had obviously had a few drinks and made a few remarks about his past career and experiences that I found racist and very arrogant. I was extremely shocked by these comments and would like to warn people.

Also, I being male was asked to join a 'Mens only bible meeting'. I have no problem with religion in the slightest but i found this very strange, due to the fact that the women were not welcome.

Also, Ignore the 'free breakfast' which is advertised on the website. The owner informed me that they have been building the suites for the past few years. I asked him where the free breakfast was and he told me that the are 'under construction'. The only construction I saw was a couple of painters, He told me that I can get a complimentary breakfast across the road and that "its only $3 dollars so I may as well pay for it myself".

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank worldsurfer123
willsawyer, Front Office Manager at Casamar Suites Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
I am so sorry to hear that you had a so-so experience! Please be assured that the owners of this hotel are very good people. They are Christian and will extend invites to gatherings, but are not pushy. I am not religious, and from what I have seen while working here the Men´s Bible Study is harmless. It is simply a group of men gathering around and talking and socializing. I am not trying to downplay your experience, as you have every right to feel whatever you feel. In regards to the complimentary breakfast, my apologies for the confusion. But, yes we do have complimentary breakfast that was moved to the restaurant "Amoki" just two blocks away due to construction that is in the finishing stages. Regardless you should have gotten your free breakfast :) If you ever decide to visit us again we would like to offer you a 2 nights free stay...but I need to know who you are first :) I hope this message finds you well.