My boyfriend and I have been traveling to Puerto Escondido as often as we can for two years. We are both in love with the city. I wanted my mom to fall as in love with PE as we are, so I took her to stay at the Villas Carrizalillo. The service is perfect. Gabby, who works in the front, is friendly and helpful. The owners, Ed and Amy are on the property daily, making sure everything is perfect. Ed even has the only boat driver (Martin) in Puerto Escondido that will not try to take you for all you're worth. He took my mom and I for a sunrise boat trip for two or three hours where we saw fish, rays, and sea turtles for only $500 pesos. He even took us to his favorite spot to go snorkeling. My brother went on a trip the same length of time from playa principal for $1500 pesos.
My mom and I stayed in Florencia. It was beautiful. The windows are breath taking. My mom and I sat in the window seat every day. Also, the other amenities were wonderful. After spending most of my time in PE without air conditioning, the cool room was a nice treat. This villa has a small kitchen and two rooms. It is perfect for a mother daughter trip or for close friends. My mom and I cannot wait to go back.
The hotel itself is located on the top of a cliff that overlooks a bay with turquoise water. This means that there are a lot of steps up and down to the beach. Although this is a drawback for some, after just four days, my rear is in top notch shape.
Last, the hotel has one of the best restaurants in PE. It is important to take into consideration how hard it is to get ingredients in PE. Nonetheless, Los Tugas has the best curry I have ever eaten. This restaurant is NOT a part of the hotel, but rents the space in it. Elizabeth, one of the restaurant owners, made my mom and I feel like family. The whole restaurant has a family feel. She carefully places flower arrangements on every table and even sews the place mats herself. The girls that work in her restaurant are friendly and love trying to teach spanish to you. We ate there EVERY DAY.
I highly recommend staying at Villas Carrizalillo. The staff is competent, helpful, and friendly. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable. The stairs may seem daunting, but my nearly 60-year-old mom climbed them no problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas Carrizalillo is a small boutique resort hotel in Puerto Escondido consisting of 12 uniquely designed units. The property is situated under a small palm grove atop a cliff side, overlooking one of the most scenic bays in the area. All Villas come equipped with air conditioning, kitchenettes, wireless internet, personal safes, and private outdoor areas. Other property amenities include a swimming pool, library/lounge and now Restaurant/bar Espadín. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Villas Carrizalillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Carrizalillo Hotel Puerto Escondido
- Carrizalillo Hotel Puerto Escondido
- Carrizalillo Resort Puerto Escondido