“Excellent value, terrific sport fishing experience in Mehico!”

Omar's Sportfishing
Ranked #1 of 29 Tours in Puerto Escondido
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Fishing charter and sea safari tours. Departure at 7:00 am. Return at 10:00 am we offer trips to see dolphins,turtles,sea rays,humpback whales, and all the coast of puerto escondido! Cost: $500.00 Pesos per person also we can take you fishing for sailfish,marlin,tuna,or mahi-mahi! Cost:$800.00 Pesos per hour for the rental of the boat with all fishing gear include. We practice catch and released. Lots of nature out there!
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent value, terrific sport fishing experience in Mehico!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Omar and his colleagues were fantastic. We managed to catch two huge sail-fish over a gorgeous 6 hour cruise. We headed around 20 miles offshore during the trip. Lots of amazing scenery -- tortoises, dolphins, sea birds -- and great weather with warm water.

Omar is a first-class professional fisherman. He loves his job. He is passionate about helping his clients get a world-class sport fishing experience at a very reasonable rate. In total there were three of us on the boat at Mexican Pesos 400 per hour for the boat charter / tour costs. Excellent value for money for a priceless experience.

Omar -- keep up the awesome work! I cannot wait to come back to Puerto Escondido and fish with you again, hombre!

1 Thank Henry M

“Best experience in all of Mexico”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Fishing with Omar went above and beyond my expectations. He taught us the 3 P's: patience, perseverance, and positivity, and put them all into practice. Not only did we catch an enormous fish, we swam with sea turtles and reached into the water and touched the dolphins that were swimming along side our boat. I honestly could not reccomend this more highly.

San Francisco, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A magical Fishing Trip”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Hi everyone my name is Sam. I'm from San Francisco, California. Before I left for my Mexico vacation with my best friends, one of the goals I made for myself was somehow do some fishing in Mexico. It was just an idea I had, but two weeks later when we arrived to Puerto Escondido, my idea came to life. We met Omar through the owner of the Hostel we stayed at. We woke up around 7 and got started very early. After the boat goes out about half a mile the water turn from a mixture of green blue, to crystal clear blue. On our adventure we saw lots of Sea Turtles (it was mating season). Huge pods of dolphins that would swim around our boat. At times we were able to jump in the water and even swam with a sea turtle. We didn't catch i fish for 3 hours. But Omar never gave up on us. At the end I reeled in a massive Sail Fish. My dreams had come true!

2 Thank Sam W
Oakland, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Learning The 3 "P"s”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Let Omar and his crew take you out on the pacific ocean for an unforgettable adventure.

You will see Dolphins and Turtles and maybe even a Shark or a Whale.

Have Patience, Persistences and Positivity and you can catch a fish!

Recommended for anyone who has a love for the ocean.

1 Thank Andres R
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fishing trip with Omar”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I went fishing with Omar a few days ago and it was a great experience. Many thanks for this fishing trip - i had a sailfish and we saw a lot of dolphins and turtles...next time in Puerto i will chose Omar's sportfishing again because of his skills and his extensive experience! Thanks Omar for making this possible!
See you next time in Puerto and best regards - Philipp