“Great Experience!”

Omar's Sportfishing
Ranked #1 of 29 Tours in Puerto Escondido
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Fishing charter and sea safari tours. Departure at 7:00 am. Return at 10:00 am we offer trips to see dolphins,turtles,sea rays,humpback whales, and all the coast of puerto escondido! Cost: $500.00 Pesos per person also we can take you fishing for sailfish,marlin,tuna,or mahi-mahi! Cost:$800.00 Pesos per hour for the rental of the boat with all fishing gear include. We practice catch and released. Lots of nature out there!
Montreal, Canada
8 attraction reviews
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Omar is a great host and very knowledgeable about Puerto Escondido. He is an expert fisherman also and when we managed to catch a giant fish, he let us reel it in. He took us out to see dolphins and turtles. He even takes you around the coast of Pt. Escondido to show you the different beaches. I would definitely go back!

Visited June 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Omar the great”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Look , you will get more than just a fishing trip. Omar has a incredible knowledge of the ocean and the surrounding coastline. It is easy to just sit back and listen to him wax lyrical on a variety of fishing related topics. I had a great time on my morning out with him and also caught and released a 25kg Sailfish. Definitely recommend as worthy day out , even if it comes at the sacrifice of one mornings surf. Trust me it was a tough call , but really worth it.

Visited June 2013
“Highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We went out on the Dolphin tour this afternoon, it was amazing! Thanks so much Omar and Israel! We felt very safe and comfortable with our guides. We got to swim with Sea turtles and saw big Dolphins swimming alongside our boat! Absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much and would reccomend this tour to everyone. We were a group of 4 girls in our 20's and loved it!

Visited May 2013
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Dolphin heaven.”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This trip was probably the highlight, for me, amongst all of our
activities during our stay in Puerto. We went on a dolphin and sea
turtle watch with Omar and his assistant Israel and boy, did we see
dolphins and sea turtles! I was enchanted. What seemed to be an entire
school of dolphins was swimming along beside and beneath the boat.
Omar said that they were playing with us and they did seem to be
enjoying themselves. The sea turtles were floating around eating
jellyfish - Omar knew where to go to find them and we got so excited
each time he called out "Tortuga!" because the turtles are out there
solo and hard to spot if you don't know where to look. Omar and Israel
were wonderful and informative guides and I want to thank them for a
memorable day. We hope to come back to see the humpback whale
migration, and if we do we will definitely go out with Omar. I would
be surprised if there were better, more knowledgable or more
companionable guides in Puerto.

Visited April 2013
Kenora, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Omar and Puerto Escondido”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have been to Puerto Escondido numerous times. I truly enjoy going fishing with Omar and either of his helpers. Omar is a very knowledgeable young man, he understands the water and weather conditions, and takes a very professional approach to his job, ensuring a great day of fishing. He is courteous, speaks excellent English, and has visited Canada many times, so understands the country where we Canadians come from .When out in the boat, we see dolphins, flying fish, sea turtles, birds, rays and even humpback whales, besides catching a huge Sail fish, Durado, or a monster tuna. The scenery, the beautiful sunsets and sun rises, the beaches, the food, the people and their culture are amazing. Omar's family treat me like part of their family and the people of Puerto are all friendly and accommodating. I will go back.

Visited December 2012