“Amazing experience!”

Omar's Sportfishing
Ranked #1 of 30 Tours in Puerto Escondido
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Fishing charter and sea safari tours. Departure at 7:00 am. Return at 10:00 am we offer trips to see dolphins,turtles,sea rays,humpback whales, and all the coast of puerto escondido! Cost: $500.00 Pesos per person also we can take you fishing for sailfish,marlin,tuna,or mahi-mahi! Cost:$800.00 Pesos per hour for the rental of the boat with all fishing gear include. We practice catch and released. Lots of nature out there!
West Orange, New Jersey, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing experience!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was on a yoga retreat in Puerto Escondido and dolphin watching was one of our adventures. Omar and his assistant Israel were absolutely amazing!!! Their passion and enthusiasm were contagious throughout the entire boat ride! I felt incredibly safe and loved hearing all of the fun facts that Omar provided about the turtles and dolphins! I strongly recommend that anyone going to Puerto should go on this adventure!!!!

Visited April 2013

Mexico City, Mexico
“Dolphin Watchin”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We heard about Omar Sport fishing through Lonely Planet. We had a great time, Omar was a very interesting, enthusiastic and educating guide. We saw a lot of dolphins, some turtles and great scenery! We strongly recommend this!

Visited April 2013
Burlington, Vermont
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“We had the best time...”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Israel, Omar's assistant, was a fantastic guide for me and my husband. He really cared about our having a good time. He trolled successfully and hooked the sailfish without really taking the credit for it. My husband reeled it in and Israel got it up into the boat for the photo, then threw it back. I really appreciated that he didn't kill it and take it in to sell it, instead trying to preserve the sea life. Then, he found and followed a pod (?) of dolphins and let me get into the water and swim with them. We also saw many turtles in our outing, one with a seabird taking a rest on the shell of the tortuga. A great morning! Be sure to spend a few hours swimming and relaxing in Puerto Angelito afterwards. It's a real Mexican vacation spot. We enjoyed watching all of the families...busy because it was the week before Easter.

Visited March 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Fishing trip March 25-2013”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was the second time that we went out with Omar's team.
Omar definitely knows what he is doing, his knowledge and professionalism shows. He will do everything he can to catch you the big one!!!!
I highly recommend Omar and his crew.

Visited March 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great time, friendly & helpful guides. Spoke english aswell!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

It's always pot luck what you can see, I saw 2 schools of dolphins, mantarays and turtles. Omar and Israel were super friendly and full of information. A really lovely morning!