“Best restaurant in Puerto”

Restaurant Bar Grill Pascale
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I am a full time resident of Puerto Escondido and we have an abundance of great dining spots here but, in my opinion and that of most of my friends, is that for consistently delicious food and wonderful service plus the most delightful location on the beach, nowhere is finer than Pascale.

2  Thank EnglishSusie

Reviewed March 8, 2014

The location of Pascale's can't be beat...literally right on the beach, lovely candlelit tables and excellent service. I had the lomo de atun (tuna) and it was very fresh and barely cooked...the way I asked for it. But the vegetables were a mess of over cooked beans, carrots and tomato...The order came so quickly it was obvious they'd been cooked long before...though no fault of the restaurant there was music and loudspeaker talking from the end of the beach that made the experience less than enjoyable...

1  Thank letitiaottawa
Pascalerestadmin, Propietario at Restaurant Bar Grill Pascale, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

• Hello letitiaottawa
Thank you for your comment.
We are glad you liked the fresh tuna of the day the service and the sitting.
We always try to do our best when serving our clients. We can understand that your order came a bit fast if you asked for seared tuna.
That is true that we always serve 4 side dishes with any main course you ask for at Pascale. Rice and 3 vegetables with fish and seafood, and some potatoes of the day with the meat. They can be gratinated, sautées or mashed. Of course the side dishes are prepared in advance otherwise it would take a long time to get your order, which is not better.
Concerning to the loud speakers, we wish we could have control on it, but sometimes there are special events happening in town, and it can be “A bit disappointing”, yes, specially if you expect to listen the waves of the sea or the quiet live music… but that is not everynight. Nights are mostly calm and quiet.

Restaurant Pascale

Reviewed March 6, 2014

The live jazz drew us back for a meal. Utterly disappointing and nearly inedible. The Caesar salad was limp lettuce with a bland dressing. Snapper on the grill was unidentifiable and the steak made me gag. Nice people. Go for the music but have dinner elsewhere!

Pascalerestadmin, Gerente at Restaurant Bar Grill Pascale, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Utterly disappointing, horrid food, nearly inedible, limp lettuce, bland dressing, fish unidentifiable, and it made you gag.
Those are your words to qualify the food you have ingested in its TOTALITY except three pieces of chopped lettuce, a quarter of gratinated tomatoe who was served as a side dish and of course the fat of the rib eye steak.
Dear Sylvia and David, come on, tell us what really did motivate you to write this comment because you can not have eaten that horrible, actually finished your plates and then, dance like no one else danced before at Pascale. Do you remember?
I came to you and you didn´t say a word. The waitress couldn’t believe it when she remembers how clean the plates were when she took them away. Well done for your first comment in 7 years time in tripadvisor, after 348 cities and 38 countries visited.
Pascale Restaurant.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Okay it's great by the beach if you don't mind the dogs watching you, or salesmen smoking and coming up to you if you want to buy something it's federal land get use to it. Putting that aside it's nice seeing the fishing boats on the sand. The food is okay nothing great I had the tuna grilled, wife had the pork tenderloin and friend had the ravioli all was okay no extra shall we say flare to the food. Last year it was rated 2nd I can see why it's dropping there's much nicer restaurants in puerto to try

Pascalerestadmin, Gerente at Restaurant Bar Grill Pascale, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Hello versatile1, I would like to thank you for your coment.
That is so true that here in Mexico, sometimes the dogs are just left in the street. Shame. Sometimes, the salesmen come to the table to offer cigars or artisanal objects as souvenir. As you say, in federal land, this kind of inconvenience happen.
I’m glad you liked the view and the sitting in general.
I invite you to try again the grilled fish of the day, the marinated pork tenderloin served with 3 side dishes and gratin dauphinois or the home made pasta. Or maybe you will go for the grilled lobster this time.
Pascale restaurant

Reviewed February 2, 2014

It always surprises me to see how an empty platform on a beach becomes a "high class" restaurant in the evening. The set up of the dining area was just fantastic and so romantic. They had an excellent musician on the night we went and he played some great sax! Not too loud that you could not talk either.

The food was excellent. The service great. Even their wine by the glass was good.

The owner is french so he spoke often with us when he heard us speaking.
definetley a place I recommend.

1  Thank Shou1