“"Wonderful place to stay"”
Review of Villa Lili

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Escondido
Villa Lili
Ranked #2 of 47 Hotels in Puerto Escondido
Havertown, Pennsylvania
“"Wonderful place to stay"”
Reviewed February 16, 2011

I spent 9 days at Villa Lili last month and absolutely loved the hotel. My room was large and lovely, with its own balcony overloking the swimming pool, where I swam laps every day. The ladies who made breakfast and kept the hotel spotlessly clean were very friendly and we had many conversations as I worked on improving my Spanish. The owner was very friendly and helpful. She went out of her way to make sure guests had a wonderful visit. It was great having wireless Internet service, which was one of the determining factors in my choosing this hotel. Also, the price was very reasonable considering all the amenities provided. The atmosphere was very relaxed and friendly and the quests staying at the hotel got to know one another over breakfast and around the pool. One guest was a chef and one of the nights I was there he cooked a fabulous dinner of fish and shrimp for me, another couple staying in the hotel, three guests at the "sister" hotel a few blocks away, and the owner and a friend of hers. Various guest supplied wine and we all had a lovely evening sitting out on the patio and socializing over the gourmet meal. I liked the location of the hotel too - it was near a main street with lots of restaurants and only a short walk to a lovely beach, but not in a noisy tourist district. Overall, I had a fabulous stay and very much hope to return.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Melbourne
Reviewed January 25, 2011

I came for a week and stayed two, and left only because I had to work. A beautiful place with an equally beautiful and charming owner, Adelina, who genuinely cares about the peace and comfort of her guests. She went out of her way to ensure my stay was wonderful, taking me to all kinds of places. I cannot convey how incredible it was to watch the sunset from my room every night, after a mid afternoon swim in the pool. Staying there for two weeks, I saw many different people come and go, and all were cared for by the staff with a rare degree of hospitality and generosity. The Villa manages to provide both privacy and the opportunity to meet other people from all over the world, and the food is excellent. I recommend it without reservation.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Kristinadelbosque
Shelter Island, New York
Reviewed January 23, 2011

Our stay at the Villa Lilli was just delightful. Our breakfasts were great and the staff were all friendly and helpful. Adelada (spelling?) who runs the place with her brother Luis even drove us to the bus station when we were leaving. It's a little bit of a walk to the ocean but not bad. The closest beach is down a long flight of stairs but very nice. There are other beaches that don't require going down stairs that are a short taxi ride away. Taxi fare is 20 or 25 pesos and they are always cruising around looking for fares. We would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Mexico City
Reviewed January 16, 2011

We picked Villa Lili right after we read such good reviews about it. We had an amazing time, the place is beautiful, and its perfect to spend some good time there. What I liked even more than the hotel, was the atmosphere you feel while you´re there, a result that you get through the service from the people that work there, and other guests. It was a great experience getting to know such nice people.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yyvvonnee
Boulder, CO
Reviewed January 15, 2011

This is a Bed and Breakfast type accommodation. Located near the beach (but not on it) and close to small shops and restaurants. Villa Lili is in a quiet part of Puerto Escondido, which I loved having small kids. The pool is nice. The food is excellent. The ladies who make the meals go out of their way to please you and your family. This is a great place to stay, period. I recommend it with absolutely no reservations. You gotta stay there.
Tip. - Fly into Puerto PXM from MEX or OAX (don't do Huatulco and shuttle). From the US fly into OAX (direct from IAH) and then fly to PXM using Aerotucan,

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Montreal
Reviewed January 9, 2011

It was my second time in the Villa and it was still the relaxation heaven I remembered.

The staff was kind and helpful. The traditionnal mexican breakfasts were excellent every day and the rooms were well decorated.

The neighboorhood is a bit off-centered but very quiet. It's 5 minutes walk from beautiful beach Carizalillo and 25 pesos taxi ride from main beach (Zicatela).

A good value for your money.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2011

We found this little place in paradise on the net and wanted to go there from the beginning of our vacation planning. .. and it was so worth it!!! Clean rooms, excellent service and great location not too far from all you would want to do on vacation.
We had and excellent time at the Villa and met great and inspiring people from all over the world. The service and atttention to the guests was wonderfull and memorable. We will certainly go back. There is nothing like coming back from the beach and enjoying the beautifull sunset and the birds signing near the pool at the Villa. We had a very enjoyable stay at the Villa.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends