My husband and I stayed at the Santa Fe for a week November 2011. The staff was more than accommodating, the rooms were wonderfully kept, and the breakfast was amazing.
We didn't have a "view"-but you really don't need one. The ocean is steps away. The room was spacious (huge closet), and housekeeping even picked up my clothes off the floor.
The location is great. Right on Zicatela, but on the quiet end. It's super easy to walk out the doors of the Santa Fe and hail a cab to the most beautiful swimming beach ever-Carrizalillo. (20 pesos will get you there-make a deal prior to getting into the cab).
1. Always order fruit juice at the Santa Fe: orange, pineapple, etc. It's amazing. It's fresh. Yum.
2. Eat breakfast at Santa Fe (hotcakes con fruta is the way to go), then spend the day at Carrizalillo Beach and eat lunch there. Guacamole. Fish Tacos. Octopus. Fresh Oysters.
3. Drink as many mojitos as you can. Day and night. They are soooo good.
4. Watch spongebob in Spanish when you are getting ready to go out at night. Very entertaining.
5. There are super cute rings made out of shells at a shop on Zicatela. These make a nice gift for someone back home.
6. Learn Spanish. No one speaks English. I felt like an idiot half of the time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique architecture, a gathering space and elegance invite you to relax and renew your spirit. With the best food in Puerto Escondido, mostly organic and homemade. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Fe Hotel
- Santa Fe Puerto Escondido