“A nice place to eat”

Garniche at the Puesdown
Cuisines: European, Cafe, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Coaching Inn serving all day food from breakfast, through morning coffee, lunches, afternoon tea and evening meals. Conveniently situated on the A40Cheltenham to Oxford main road, equally ideal for business travelers and those exploring the Cotswolds.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“A nice place to eat”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Called in at this restaurant on my way to Oxford for a few days with my wife. It was lunchtime on Sunday and the place looked good from the outside it was lunchtime and we were ready to eat so called in.
We had the Sunday roast I had the beef my wife had the pork. Both meals were really good. Plenty of meat, nice veg, good roasties, good home made yorkshire with the beef and the crackling on the pork was really crisp. The greens were crisp and fresh tasting, my wife prefers them cooked a bit more but for me they were great. The beef was rare which is how I like it and again my wife said it would have been too rare for her but in fairness it does say rare beef on the menu. The sticky toffee pudding and clotted cream was delicious and a nice sized portion.
It was on the dear side for a Sunday lunch but worth every penny.
The service was first class and the waitress really friendly and obliging. The surroundings were bright airey and comfortable and on top of this there was plenty of room to park.
I have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant and if I am in that area again I won't bother looking for anywhere else to eat.

• Visited November 2013
Paul S, Owner at Garniche at the Puesdown, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for your very positive feedback, I'm delighted that you enjoyed your lunch.I agree that there are cheaper places to eat, however I always wonder how they can do it when I look at our food cost (we do buy quality meat and ingredients) and can only surmise that they are buying cheap meat. We prefer to stick to quality and value rather than price alone.
Once again thank you for your comments.

Wickham Market
“Passing lunch stop”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised to come across this restaurant on our trip home from Wales. It appears to have been recently refurbished to a high standard. The Jacket potato my wife had was lovely, and I enjoyed my cream tea. There is a nice little shop selling trinkets as well

• Visited October 2013
Paul S, Owner at Garniche at the Puesdown, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you. We are delighted that you like our refurbishment of the property. We have tried to keep the character of the building whilst introducing a more fresh and contemporary feel. We are also delighted you like the shop, where we are trying to sell things just a little different that you will not easily find on the high street.
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“Great service great food”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly and accommodating staff. Food was priced fairly and was delicious. The setting is very pretty and the place is decorated to a high standard.

There is a dear little gift shop selling some nice things too.

Visited October 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. We do try very hard to price our offer fairly to give good value for money and it is pleasing that you recognise this. We are also delighted that you like the gift shop. Our staff do us great credit and your kind comments have been passed on to them all.
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Oxfordshire trip”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

we called in for lunch on our way to visit family nearby.
Excellent hospitality, good food and drink, not the cheapest place, but good value.
strongly recommended.

• Visited September 2013
Thank you for your recommendation. We do aim to give good value, and great quality, so we will never be the cheapest, however we believe that we are achieving our aim of quality/value and your kind comments endorse that, thanks again.
“Diamond Wedding party”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service, staff could not have been more helpful. What a big improvement from the old Puesdown. Also have eaten there on several occasions. Well done Paul.

Visited July 2013
Paul S, Owner at Garniche at the Puesdown, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you so much. We were thrilled that you chose to celebrate such a time with us and that we have overturned the view of the old Puesdown.