“Real Mexico”
Review of Melaque

Melaque
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This beach is perfect for a relaxing swim and is a favorite of the locals.
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Lots of restaurants, stores and places on the street to eat. Most seem okay. A little noisy at night

3  Thank jwtravellers
"bicycles"
"property"
"coast"

Reviewed February 9, 2012

Cheap hotels on beach. For some reason it seems to be a retirement area for Canadians, I mean wall to wall.

nobody in a hurry here, little less upscale than barra

6  Thank Sidnye
Reviewed February 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed with friends in their home in Malaque. Everything we ate was fresh and delicious! I have stomach problems and never felt better while there ! Probably due to no chemicals in the food! Everyone was friendly and I felt safer walking down the streets at 10 pm there than I would here at home. The beaches were clean and no worries if glass. We were more likely to step on a dead puffer fish than glass or garbage. The food is so cheap! 72 $ for a gourmet dinner and drinks for five adults ( plus entertainment!)

5  Thank olibabs
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I was a little dissapointed with Melaque. It has a nice beach but not that great for swimming as too ruff. This is mostly a retirement town of Canadians.Not sure why.The streets are dirty and the shops are dusty and the restaurants are very expensive for Mexico. The hotels are cheap enough but you get what you pay for! Hard beds, dirty bathrooms ,old stained towels and (except for my stay at Hotel Bahia,)I felt like the shops/rest./hotels couldn't care less about my business.

5  Thank abfab40plus
See more reviews
Reviewed January 19, 2012

At the water taxi area of Barra, you will see a large banner advertising Fortino's Restaurant.
Those Fortinos are hardworking family members (many of them) owned and operated many businesses... the restaurant across the lagoon, a fish farm, a hotel and bar in town and fishing charter.
We had the grand pleasure of spending time with different family members and absolutely loved our day on the water with Adrien. Dolhins accompanied us, giving a performance on both sides of the boat and criss-crossing in front of us. We then had a coastal tour past Costacomate, Tamarindo with La Manzanilla in sight and still have the imagine of Los Arcos in our heads. Thank you Fortinos!!

4  Thank RosemaryRonalds