“Good property but staff & rooms need upgrade”

The Park Navi Mumbai
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Navi Mumbai
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I use the hotel while transiting to Pune from Mumbai airport for an overnight halt
The staff in the coffee shop suffers from a white skin complex as foreigners get snacks with their beers but locals do not. Why ?
The room was noisy and I couldn't even sleep for an hour
The plumbing needs to be worked on as their is a pathetic water pressure for showering
I called to speak to the GM Mr Datta and left a msg with my contact details but never received a call back
Good property with an excellent location for Puneites passing thro' Mumbai Airport

• Stayed: February 2013
parknavimumbai, General Manager at The Park Navi Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

We regret you had a less than pleasant stay at The Park,Navi Mumbai !!

We have noted your feedback regarding the restaurant staff , the shower pressure and noise in the room.

Your feedback has been shared with the concerned and will be reviewed.

Request to kindly send us your contact details on our email address - tpnm@theparkhotels.com , so that we can call you personally.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at The Park,Navi Mumbai!!

There are newer reviews for The Park Navi Mumbai

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here recently when on business in India. Only reason for staying here was location close to customer office. The hotel was OK but a little shabby and really quite expensive for this standard of hotel. My room was very noisy due to traffic outside, the AC also rather noisy but I managed without it in March. On a positive side the bar and restaurant was fine with a good selection of drinks and food including western 'fish and chips' but all a little bit expensive.
I would stay again if I had to but may look for other hotels in the area first.

Room Tip: Ask for room furthest away from the road.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay and your valuable feedback.

Your feedback regarding the bar and restaurants is very much appreciated. We have noted your observations regarding the noise due to traffic , the AC being noisy and cleanliness

We assure you that these concerns will be addressed and reviewed.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Park,Navi Mumbai !!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This doesn’t have a lot going for it, unless you want to be located here. It’s like a throwback to the 1970’s in style, some might call this chic, I’d say old fashioned. The rooms are the same, very tired. There doesn’t seem to be anywhere to walk to from the hotel, so you’re stuck. Like an earlier reviewer they lost a pre paid booking we had, but the travel agent in the UK fixed that so we didn't have to pay twice. The pool area is nice, the restaurants not so nice, but not horrible.

The journey from Mumbai and/or Mumbai airport is like a trip through a film set for Slumdog, fascinating but it took for ages. That was my fault I didn’t study the map well enough to know exactly where Navi Mumbai is in relation to our business meetings in downtown Mumbai.

We'd probably give this hotel a wide berth.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
parknavimumbai, General Manager at The Park Navi Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Park, Navi Mumbai. Your feedback is appreciated.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused at the time of check in . Thank you for the feedback regarding the pool area.

We once again thank you for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel when I flew from Bangalore for a road trip along the beaches of Maharsahtra. Stayed one night. A design hotel brand like The Park should not let their property go to shambles. It would have been a great hotel at some point. The maintenance has been poor with stained toilets and broken WC. I expected a Terence Conran designed park like in Bangalore and got a large room that was barely clean with a good bed. That is about it.

I need to mention that my room service sandwiches arrived soggy. I felt rather sad for the friendly staff trying to make my stay as good as they can.

Also the elevator moves like a crazy ball and sounds like a medieval guillotine. Skip!

Room Tip: Really? I would not choose this hotel if I need to be in Navi Mumbai. This is way off with nothing n...
1  Thank Shivaviswa
parknavimumbai, General Manager at The Park Navi Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay and valuable feedback . We regret you were not satisfied with your stay at the hotel.

Your feedback has been noted and we are working towards improving the same.

Do provide us an opportunity to better your experience on your next stay with us.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Worst experience ever reservation was not made due to some error in the system from the hotel side ...when i showed the voucher they agreed to give a room but asked me to pay so i ended up paying twice which was refunded at the end of ma stay......room was not ready at 4pm...room was facing the highway full night there was honking and traffic noise wen asked for a room move was told that they are sold out...rubbish my neighbor got a room move in front of my face as he was VIP

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
parknavimumbai, General Manager at The Park Navi Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Guest ,

At the very onset we regret that you had an unpleasant stay with us. We would like to assure you that every possible measure will be taken to ensure that such instances are not allowed to repeat themselves.

We look forward to welcoming you back at The Park Hotels.

General Manager.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We booked this hotel for two days stay in Mumbai based on some rating i saw in web. interior of rooms was very good but the shower was a horrifying experience.

Price-wise Park is a good solution, but when you consider food it is a risk

service was very good .

so i will advise if there is no option to stay New Mumbai, this is a place you can opt for

Room Tip: some time risk may guide you
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
parknavimumbai, General Manager at The Park Navi Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Park, Navi Mumbai . We appreciate your feedback regarding the room and the service being good.

Your comment regarding the food and the shower are noted and assure you effective steps will be taken to address the issue as required.

We once again thank you for your patronage and would love to see you again at The Park, Navi Mumbai .

General Manager.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I checked into The Park, Navi Mumbai, from 6th Feb-8th Feb 2013. To begin with, after arrival, the security guard, after the baggage scanning, simply placed it at the side, to be picked up by me and carry it inside. No welcome by any of the staff on arrival / check in. No staff to assist carry the luggage or usher the guest up to the room. The staff has a very casual, irresponsive attitude. The menu options pretty limited both at Bamboo the Chinese restaurant. Breakfast buffet is casually served at the West-1 restaurant. One has to request basic stuff like tea/coffee condiments, sugar etc. None of the staff will come forward to assist you when you seem lost looking for a plate or spoon. Nothing great about the quality / presentation of the buffet items. The in room dining is the same. I ordered a chicken shorba and Fish & Chips for lunch, The soup was " warm" not hot the way it should be. The fish & chips was accompanied by tomato sauce instead of the regular Tartar sauce as described in the menu. Had to request for the same which arrived after a while. Past 11:00 p.m. the in room dining number / " one touch" number goes un attended and had to wait for quite sometime before the call was diverted to the operator. On requesting some table salt in the room, at the front desk in person, arrived after 45 minutes, when I had already retired to bed, with a " Please Do Not Disturb" tag outside on the door, and despite that the staff rang the bell. The Tandoori Kebab platter was very basic, and the serving size not worth the price charged. Barely 2 pieces each of seekh kebab, chicken tikka and fish tikka costing some Rs. 855 plus tax. Definitely not value for money. Should have visited the neighbouring " Barbeque Nation" for an unlimited choice of kebabs at the same price and better quality. I am wondering what got this Hotel a " Five Star" tag when it's something like a 3 star property. The worst is the total "dilly dally" attitude of the staff, whether it be front desk, or in room dining or at the restaurants. I would definitely like to stay at Four Points - Sheraton next time in March, as I have to frequently visit this area on a business project for the next 3-4 months.

Room Tip: Avoid staying here is the only tip I can provide to fellow travellers.
1  Thank MysticMinstrel
parknavimumbai, General Manager at The Park Navi Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Park,Navi Mumbai and for your valuable feedback.

We regret that you had a less than pleasant stay at the hotel.

We have noted your feedback and are taking corrective action as required to ensure these issues are resolved and do not occur again.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Park,Navi Mumbai again.

With best regards,