“Good Business Hotel in Navi Mumbai”
Review of Celebrations

Celebrations
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Navi Mumbai
Chennai (Madras), India
“Good Business Hotel in Navi Mumbai”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The hotel has all the amenities required for a business traveler and strongly recommended if one has their office or clients in a Mumbai.

the hotel is very cleanly maintained and serves good food.

it has round the clock menu and a 4 star property.

we have had a meeting in mini board room and the service was very good.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Raghav1982

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I had the bad fortune to stay in the Celebrations Hotel in Vashi, Navi Mumbai in late June 2012 and left after 3 days of a scheduled 9 day stay. Having stayed in the same hotel in the early 2000’s I was very disappointed at how run down the hotel has become and the change in attitude of the staff.
When I booked in the staff neglected to tell me there was no hot water, I had to find this out for myself. A bucket of hot water was provided when requested but took more than half an hour to be delivered. Inquiring with the reception staff I was told that the boiler had stopped working that day, talking with the other guests it had been out for almost a week.
Most importantly, in the 32 years I have been traveling to India I have never stayed in any kind of hotel that did not supply drinking water. No drinking water was supplied and 80 rupees was charged for a bottle of water that would cost less than 20 outside the hotel.
While the A/C unit in the room blew air, it did not blow cool air until a technician was called and the unit above the partially rusted out, very low, ceiling of the bathroom was switched from fan to cool. The power supply was intermittent and went off for long periods of time over night.
The fridge didn’t work and had to be replaced with one from another room, the safe didn’t work, the television reception was poor, blown light bulbs had not been replaced and there were exposed live wires inside the cupboard. My visitors, including my lawyer and relatives, were harassed to leave by reception staff. Also my room being opposite the staff service area suffered from outside noise at all hours.
I would not under any circumstances recommend this hotel to any one and especially for a woman travelling alone.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at all costs
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank NCG1962

Travelers are raving about these Navi Mumbai hotels

Singapore
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for two nights on my recent business travel to Vashi. My site was located in the MIDC area and thus was only 15 minutes from the hotel. The hotel building did not look very impressive. The interiors looked old. The rooms were decently clean but a better job could be done. My colleague complained that he was given a stinking room but I guess they changed it promptly by putting him in a better room. I felt the room service was very expensive especially for basic stuff like water. The buffet breakfast had only 2-3 options but was of decent quality. The wifi was ok. However, one night when I requested for the Wifi card I never received one. I called the helpdesk and they told me that they will send it to my room but again nobody came. I was disappointed when the person at the front desk gave me lame excuses for not being able to serve . I felt the restaurant in the hotel was also way expensive compared to the quality. There is nice rooftop oriental restaurant in the hotel 2 blocks away.
All in all I felt my stay was not worth it.I will not stay again at the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road if you want a peaceful sleep.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Horizonguy
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed November 6, 2011

One of the very first big hotels to open up in Navi Mumbai and they still continue to be a huge hit with visitors in Navi Mumbai.

But over the years their quality had dipped slightly, but today they are slowly clawing their way back into business.

Around 2 years back I had a very unpleasant stay in this hotel due to poor customer service extended by their staff, disappointment due to unclean rooms, peeling wall paints and stinky floor carpets.

But the last time around when I stayed with them, I got to admit that most of these problems had already been resolved and they were literally running house full. Though I still feel that they have much more to improve upon, moreso because Hotel Orchid has opened up right beside them.

The rooms are quite neat and well furnised and they give you a very comfortable feel. Their restaurants also dish out some good culinary cuisines which also include good sea food dishes. I still recommend that you go down to the restaurant rather than ask for room service as i feel their staff still lack good customer service and etiquettes.

The hotel is situated hard 5 minutes away from the main Vashi city and also has 2 malls namely Palm Beach Galleria and City Centre in close vicinity. This will allow visitors to also shop and catch up on movies during their leisurely hours.

Room Tip: The executive room in which i stayed was quite good
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Not a great location, terrible service and small dingy rooms come to my mind whenever I recall this trip. The only part which was half decent was the breakfast but the abominable service again let the place down

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed October 16, 2011

poor check in, shabby lobby, the chairs in the resturaunt are probably stuffed with scrap iron, so hard. hot water erratic and tepid, room kettles do not work, electricals give off sparks....the food is probably prepared in the gymnasium.....tough meat....hard rice !!!!! new teeth ???? stay away. by the way the ac sounds like a tractor !!!!!. Front office....forget it !!

Room Tip: do not waste your money here
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank avid-zoomer
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I stayed in this hotel in the month of May 2011 and i found the room they offered is not at all good. Its not that comfortable and the A/C was functioning only at its low level. It took almost an hour to get a feel of A/c in the room. The funniest part is the toilet/bathroom. It was so small and for a person of my size (6 feet and 88 Kgs) it was so difficult. I advice to stay in this hotel only as a go by option.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business