“Excellent Hotel with Competent and Friendly Staff”

Four Points by Sheraton Navi Mumbai, Vashi
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Navi Mumbai
Reviewed November 20, 2010

A very comfortable hotel with excellent amenities. The staff is very competent, courteous and friendly. The premises were very clean and absolutely spick & span.

The rooms were spacious and very well maintained.

The restaurant had a good variety and service was prompt and efficient. The waiter made good suggestions from the menu and the food was tasty and well prepared.

The fitness room was well equipped and spa services were excellent.

I would strongly recommend this hotel if you can stay in Vashi.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank pankag

Reviewed November 20, 2010

I have stayed at the Four Points, Vashi several times. For those visiting the this part of the, this is the best hotel ever in the area. The staff are very helpful, rooms a clean an spacious. The food is amazing!!! If you want to eat something that is not on the menu, just call room service and they will be happy to ask their chef to make it for you. Has a great spa with very reasonable priced treatment. Has a great shopping mall next door. Great value for money!! Always recommended

1  Thank rush2hush
Reviewed November 2, 2010

Now here is a hotel which has a lot going for it. It's in a focal point in Vashi. It is surrounded by a mall and is oppsite to the station. The highway just about bends into Vashi and there is the hotel. It is neat and trendy. It looks all sunny and welcoming and the mortar and glass exterior with a little green cove in front of the hotel was a pleasing and ergonomical design to this upscale hotel. The "by Sheraton" shiblobeth, emblazoned every where also made one feel that one is in good hands.
Alas thats where it ends and service was a major dissapointment. The doorman doesnot offer to extend luggage assistantce. The FO assistants are loud and noisy and can be heard at the restaurant in the lobby. Check in was poor. The sense of welcome evaporated as I asked for a smoking room and was initially told that would not be possible.(later on insisting it was done). Of course there was no escorting done and I had to find my way to the room. (though the signages were pretty clear and precise).
The room on the 11th floor was really trendy and spacious. It was well appointed and designed with the basics in place.
We started with our conference that was to go on for ten days at the Business Centre and over the next week all our initial admiration about the courtesy and comepetence of the satff melted being replaced with sxamples of bad, careless, apathetic and sometimes ignorant service and servers.
In summary every day, and I mean every day, at the 1st floor/2nd floor resrtaurant ( Asian Kitchen) orders were forgotten or arrived late( We suggested to someone that why don't you write all the orders down. He said that it was better the other way). Servers could not explain the menu but were prompt to point out what would not be possible ( yes fried papad was not possible, for some surreal reason, and was turned down on the first day). Food arrived at the table and people serving had no idea who was having what. Drinks came in installments meaning by the time someone finished his first round, the others recieved their initial drink orders. Spicy food turned up non spicy, much to the consternation an dismay of our Europen colleauge. The list goes on. Yes, it was funny that at peak lunch time, executives gather togather and eat lunch attended by a bevy of waiters.
Over all eye for detail was missing and frantic hand waving and gestures (short of a wolf whistle) managed to catch the attention of the frantic servers. Communication was static and frequently broke down. No attempt was made to understand personal preferences.
To top it all I left my ( and in this case I can only say that i am 90% sure) expensive sun glasses in the room and checked out.We were travelling for a day and were scheduled to come back to thesame hotel later in the week. I realised this on way to the airport and called up reception (twice) and said that I have a feeling i have left my shades beside the bedside telephone and if so, if they could kindly check and revert about the same. No response. Twice, I called and thay said they would check and reassure me but no.
In the end when I returned , as I had a glum premonition, I was informed they found no sun glasses in the room. However they did find my shampoo - funny thing though that even if they did find my shampoo they didnot return the shampoo or offer to return the shampoo. I guess there was not much left in it.
About the sunglasses, I can only say that I really hoped that they would have found it in the room. But then maybe I didnot realize where it was though.
During our stay for ten days no senior executive or management representative visited us or checked up on us.
Overall it was a terrible experience. The Hotel is a fine one and has great potential. But service was absolutely rudimentary. It seems they donot know the requirements of business clientelle and are always under a short leash so that everything proded had to be checked back with people.
Oh, but yes the food was superlative and we had some delectable sushis and chinese food. The food(whenever it came on time) was very very good indeed. Someone at least did their jobs very well .And they did have a variety of beers. If that counterwighs all else in your book, then do give their bar a visit.
The hygiene left much to be desired. Crumbs on the table late clearance and hair on the bed linen doesnot go well with a hotel positioning itself in this market niche.
Do not go to this hotel if the service doesnot improve. They are not cheap and given a zero for service the value for your money will definitely take a hit.
4 points by Sheraton is a new hotel and maynot have horror stories of hygiene, safety and security or belligerent servers that do rounds on the internet, but certainly does need to get its act togather, otherwise people might just rate it four points out of a hundred.

7  Thank Satyamsg
Reviewed November 1, 2010

If you travel a lot, you know that there are few places that can catch you off guard as quickly as India. As a Hollywood based Cinematographer, I travel constantly and was not really looking forward to ten days in Mumbai. The people there are among the kindest in the world, but the rest of it is downright scary; even for a seasoned traveler.

I stay at the five star JW Marriott Hotel when in Mumbai. For my money, it is the best that India offers for the American business traveler. On this trip however, I needed to do business in Navi Mumbai which during rush hour is a couple very, very uncomfortable hours away. Since there are no five star hotels in Navi Mumbai, I ask my travel agent to put me up in something close to where I needed to be, and hopefully not to hideous.

I ended up at the Four Points by Sheraton. While they don't pretend to be a five star hotel, the friendly staff and conscientious service were far better than I have experienced in the vast majority far more expensive hotels. Upon my arrival, I discovered that I needed a suit for a meeting that was a bit more formal than I had packed for. The manager personally walked me to a nearby mall and introduced me to one of the best tailors that I have ever encountered. The suit, an ultra light, crush-proof linen/wool blend from YSL, is now one of my favorites.

The room was spotless with no hint that I was in India. I don't mean any disrespect, but let's face it, India has a presence that all to often is manifest in the tidiest of establishments. The mattress was perfect, as were the pillows. The sheets were fresh and crisp and the towels fluffy and clean. The food, which is always a concern, is not only famously "safe", but really quite wonderful. There's even a good steak to be had, which if you travel in that part of the world, you know is rather rare.

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures, but then, that's what I do for a living so it never occurs to me to take them on my own. The pictures at the website, although a bit staged are quite accurate and truthful.

The security was a bit intense - which is a good thing. There was even a small squad of armed guards that walk the halls at night. If this sounds a bit extreme, you probably need to catch up on your history.

I ask my travel agent why she had picked that hotel and she said that it looked like it had the best pool for swimming. True enough. I like to swim at least a half mile a day if I can squeeze it in. Unfortunately, the vast majority of high-end hotels forgo practicality in favor of some smarmy design. Swimmers love square pools - why do hotels not understand this? Those with steps at the end or some sort of cute Jacuzzi addendum just make us mad. We also can't stand parents who don't understand that a hard-working guy just wants to get in his laps without dodging unsupervised kids. The Four Points had a great kiddie pool that was always full. The water always looked a bit yellower than the nice square grown-ups pool. Heck, I'll give'em a star just for that.

The gym was great too. No discount mishmash of used gear with duct-tape repairs. The gym at the Four Points was exactly as advertised and everything was spotless and worked perfectly.

I seriously can't think of a single thing that was off, nor can I remember when if ever that I stayed at a Sheraton - but this will not be the last.

So there - I hope that I have in some small way repaid the kind attention and warm accommodations that I received.

Scott Billups

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank scottbill
Reviewed October 15, 2010

This is a relatively new property in Vashi,and has other hotels nearby.
It took me about 40 minutes to reach here from the airport,which fro Mumbai is great!
Am glad I chose Four points by Sheraton. It is a nice place with a friendly courteous staff.
The rooms are new and plush and well appointed.
There is helpful information easily available in the rooms on how best you can enjoy the stay,which is very good for first time travelers.
The buffet breakfast had an amazing spread and i could see the trendy looking bar too.
There are several big shopping malls very close to the hotel,which is great.
The area surrounding the building is seeing some hectic construction activity which can be an eye sore.
Great place and good value for money.

Reviewed September 17, 2010

One of the best hotels in South Mumbai.
In fact one of the best one in Mumbai. Earlier have been giving my services to other hotels, but after this stay I would definitely like coming here, though it means a bit more traveling!!

Strategically located nearby a mall, the food was good though!!
Was bit disappointed with the fact that two cans of food in the mini fridge were expired by 10 days. Though its understandable but the hotel should take care of such lapses.{ i do,coz once I had a stomach malfunction in Ramada where i had such expired food!!!}

With me,the check in was quite slow due to the room being cleaned up!

Overall the stay was excellent.
The staff were more than helpful and did their bit excellently well.My thanks to "Gaurav" their personnel in the lobby area.
The security too made me feel safe!!!

This hotel still is improving a lot and I would love to come here again whenever I come Mumbai,which is quite often..:-D

Reviewed August 14, 2010

Stayed for a week on a personal tour. It was very comfortable and an enjoyable experience. The food at the restaurant was good (note: pricier than what you would purchase outside in the market). I was pleasantly surprised when they asked me if they could have a small B'day celebration for me (which happened to fall during my stay there). They had a sumptuous chocolate cake for me at the lobby, plus a B'day card and a fruit basket sent to the room. This, surely, would qualify as the "icing on the cake" (pun intended)!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Ramada Navi Mumbai
#5 of 33 in Navi Mumbai
The Taj Mahal Palace
The Taj Mahal Palace
#5 of 453 in Mumbai (Bombay)
Hotel Yogi Executive
Hotel Yogi Executive
#3 of 33 in Navi Mumbai

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Navi Mumbai, Vashi? Share your experiences!