“Vegetarians Beware!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Weld Arms

The Weld Arms
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Wareham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Vegetarians Beware!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

After looking at the menu on their website, there appeared to be several choices of vege meals. Whilst I appreciate that menus are only samples, on arrival the only things available were Cream of Leek soup (didn't enquire whether vege or not), salads or jacket potatoes. The cheese wasn't even vege. Reluctantly ordered a jacket spud with beans & coleslaw; could have had this at home for pennies rather than pounds!! My meal arrived covered in cheese! All I ate was four pieces of cucumber from the salad garnish and a couple of mouthfuls of coleslaw. On paying the bill, we were not even asked whether everything was ok!! My partner has a fish dish. The fish was cooked well but the vegetables were tasteless. We travelled someway to this venue and were looking forward to a great meal. This was the most disappointing experience I have ever had!

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Debbie A

Billericay Essex
“Could do better!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

We visited Sunday lunchtime, and had a lovely lunch, well served, well cooked lovely, service. So good in fact we booked a table for an evening meal, for the same evening. We duly arrived back at 7.15, and were shown to our table, and ordered, we booth ordered drinks and fish and chips, beer great, wine had sediment! Fish and chips lovely, we then ordered more drinks, my wife received hers, mine sadly never materialised, barrel needed changing! Lol. We ordered deserts which were equally lovely, paid the bill and left. We did received apologies for the lack of beer, and got free drinks, sort it out! You could be much better!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank MickCannon
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“delightful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Close to Lulworth and Tyneham ( a short drive away) with plenty of parking we stopped here by chance and decided to have sunday lunch.I have to say the food was excellent, I had Roast Lamb which was plentiful ,with well cooked vegetables and a beautiful gravy,My wife had risotto which was also very impressive.Two real ales,Doom Bar and Copper Ale where on ,on the day we went.I ve had better beer to be honest but can fault the food and I thought the price reflected the quality and quantity .If I had a complaint its just that I wished the front of house staff were a little more welcoming.Several people remarked how surly they were which was such a shame as the day and the pub were beautiful and a real piece of traditional England. Be aware there are outside loos so something to be aware of in bad weather.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
St albans
“Spot on”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Good VFM lunch in that is was creative, very tasty and plentiful albeit not the cheapest. Nice large pub with fresh decor and importantly doggy friendly. Second time here, so must be good. Handy to walk to the castle from here.

solihull
“Good Food and Atmosphere...But outside toilets ?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

We were going to Lulworth Castle but it was closed for a wedding venue and we drove past The Weld Arms so we decided to go back for a light lunch to which my wife and I decided the shared seafood platter (calamari,fried prawn,mussels in wine,scallops,prawns with baguette and salad and chilli dip.....Excellent) £14.95 and Caesar salad (very good but overpriced) £8.50.To drink we had 1/2 Carling £1.75 and gin&tonic £3.80.

The pub was cosy with a good atmosphere and the staff were polite and helpful.
The only drawback with the pub was that the toilets gents/ladies were outside at the side building (okay on a sunny day....but a rainy day ?)

• Visited May 2014