“Excellent B&B - so good it prompted us to write our first review on trip advisor!”
Review of Rame Barton

Rame Barton
Ranked #1 of 1 Rame B&B and Inns
London
Reviewed April 29, 2013

After several years of meaning to write reviews of places we have enjoyed / not visiting an excellent experience at Rame Barton prompted us to get round to it. We highly recommend the well equipped and very comfortable self catering accommodation, with beautiful views and very friendly and helpful hosts. We visited for a wedding but would happily return to spend more time there. Enjoy your visit!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Such a beautiful and tranquil stay. The property is clearly loved and its character retained throughout...a true artists dream. The food is stunning and we were well fed as vegetarians and we ate more than enough hehe! We would return here in a heartbeat after the most restful sleep I think I've ever had...highly highly recommended and real value for money...please try this little corner of heaven.

• Stayed April 2013
Lanzarote, Spain
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Just back from a weekend at Rame Barton which I chose because of its location (near to a 40th birthday party I was going to) but on arrival realised it was much more than a B&B. The owner Paul and his wife Karen are fabulous hosts and the rooms and breakfast were out of this world but it was the added bonus of the pottery studio that was truly magical for me.

I am always interested in all sorts of arts and crafts and would have seeked out this studio for itself let alone finding it attached to the B&B that I had chosen to stay in. It is a true gem of a place. The studio is located next to the B&B and Paul and his son showed me around and talked at great length about the pottery making process and I was able to see Paul working and also purchase a few pieces. Paul is famous for making novelty teapots (and to my delight I found out also the natwest piggy banks of which I had a few when I was younger!!!) He now concentrates on more unique and individual pieces which are in various stages of being made and displayed in the studio. It was such a bonus to an already fabulous stay with them.

I will certainly be bringing my family back to visit this wonderful place, the location was truly beautiful and Paul and Karen very welcoming. I felt very at home and loved that the chickens that were roaming around as happy as can be were laying the eggs that I was to eat in the mornings. They've got it right at Rame Barton on all levels. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Topsham
Reviewed April 17, 2013

'Bed & Breakfast' is a totally inadequate label for Rame Barton. This 18th century house has been lovingly renovated in to a stunning home by the owners, Karen and Paul. It was a privilege to experience such a unique and beautiful house.

The accommodation is very high quality - it feels more like a (very stylish!) 'home from home' than a B&B or soulless hotel. The food was delicious. Karen and Paul, the hosts, were delightful company and couldn't have been more welcoming.

Whether you want to laze about and unwind in beautiful surroundings or explore this stunning corner of Cornwall, Rame Barton is perfect. A wonderful experience. I can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Southsea (Hants)
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Wow.........! My partner, myself and "in-laws" stayed at Rame Barton over the Easter weekend to attend a wedding at Polhawn Fort and I can honestly say that I have never stayed anywhere where I have been made to feel so welcome and at home. The rooms are beautiful with lots of little extra personal touches (homemade bicuits to accompany the tea and coffee) and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. Breakfast was cooked to order with eggs freshly laid by the chickens that morning! I would highly recommend a visit to anyone and can't wait until my partner and I sort out another date to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Swindon
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Having just spent our 4th yearly visit to Karen & Paul's B+B, I can only say that it is just as wonderful as our first visit! They have become old friends to us now.

Delightful places to visit locally as well as the lovely walks around the area. The deer's made their nightly appearance for us.

The breakfast was 1st class, as is the accommodation. Looking forward to next years visit all ready!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My partner and I had the most fantastic weekend away, made extra special by how lovely Paul and Karen were. Nothing was too much trouble, they made us feel at home and cooked a fab breakfast!

The room was gorgeous, kitted out with DVDs and very homely.

We have booked the whole place for people to stay at for our wedding in June and cant wait to go back there!

Highly highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rame
Whitsand Bay Hotel
#1 of 2 in Crafthole
Cambridge House
Cambridge House
#5 of 10 in Torpoint

Been to Rame Barton? Share your experiences!