“All things fresh and delicious!”
Review of Cafe Laurent

Cafe Laurent
Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Koh Kong
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is situated on the river side next to Koh Kong City Hotel.The meals are served in the shade of the terraces on the river.We try to use the best ingredients available in Koh Kong,Phnom Penh and Bangkok at reasonnable prices.But obviously more expensive than the food stall in the street or at the market.
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Every item on the menu is made by hand from fresh ingredients - even the ice cream. This is excellent food and a bit shocking to find in Ko Kong. Eating at miday in the tropics was quite comfortable as the dining area is over the river, shaded and breezy. Even he service was top-notch!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

... and it was our favorite in the whole Area. Western food seemed a bit over prized and we didnt try it but check out the Asian dishes, only small plate not big. 3 of them and we where not able to finish and it was sooo good. Little "Design" place with a great view as it is build on the Laguna, on platforms. Fantastic service and nice breakfast. "Artwork" on the toilet, not my piece of cake LOL.

Check it out ...

Reviewed August 9, 2012

This place has pretty good food and some special dishes that you do not find in other restaurants/cafes in Cambodia. Service was also really good and the staff are very attentive. One of the staff was so attentive that I felt a little pressurized to finish my food as he would stand about 1 metre away from my table as I was finishing up, waiting to clear my plate. Been there 3 times in the 3 days that I was in Koh Kong. Overall pretty reasonable food.

One tip is to check out the huge board in front of the counter if you are going there for breakfast. I went with my boyfriend (British), and the waiters just assumed that we will only go for western breakfast and thus, only passed us the menu for that. I was craving for noodles soup but could not find it on the menu, thus, I settled for seafood fried rice (I had to ask for the lunch menu). 10 minutes after ordering, I noticed the huge board in front of the counter which has a list of Asian breakfast they served as well. By then, it was too late to change my order. I was quite disappointed about it.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

had three meals here in the past two days. very long menu and great variety.
The location is prime at the riverfront.
The Asian food -Khmer, Thai and Chinese (last part of the menu)- are fabulous. My personal favorite is lemongrass crab meat soup; the fried prawns with tomato sauce is also lovely; excellent fried morning glory with oyster oil.
didn't try the western dishes, but there seemed to be a lot of westerners there. the restaurant is very packed last night though it was raining.
I had a very bad experience with my hotel in Koh Kong, but this nearby restaurant seems to be the gem.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

This has a big menu for non-vegetarians, not so much for people who don't eat meat. It is a nice area, literally on the water, and can suit families, couples, parties - anything. There is also a nice bar to sit and have a few. But there are also plenty of mosquitoes so make sure you take plenty of repellant, especially for your feet/ankles...