“YUM”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“YUM”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Very nice food, helpful staff, nicely presented. We call in often, also for afternoon tea celebration with family. Always very busy but nothing seems too much trouble. We will be back.

• Visited January 2014

Fareham, England
“Gluten (and frozen cake) intolerant”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Nice decor ... I'd really like to make another positive comment but I'm struggling. It took a while for someone to acknowledge me and take my order. The tea was nice, but I eventually had to remind the waitress that I had also ordered cake. When the cake arrived I realised why there was a delay - the heat of it told me that it had been defrosted in the microwave. As someone who is gluten intolerant I was hopeful of finding a nice place for afternoon tea, but hot cake which has the taste of a freezer was really disappointing. Perhaps for people who can eat gluten this place is a gem, sadly those of us who can't, it's a poor offering.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Ollieboo24
Gosport, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Our first visit: As we entered, we were warned off the coffee walnut cake as being dry by friends who were leaving; not a good start! For our cream tea the fruit scones were dry and crumbly and the portion of jam was mean. The tea (we opted for loose tea) was barely strong enough. The tea strainer and drip bowl were not a pair. The young waitress had a large hole in her cardigan which had what looked like bleach marks.

Visited March 2014
Gosport, England, United Kingdom
“Friendly and helpful”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I visited The Tea Room with my frail mother in law. The staff helped Mum into the restaurant and into a nearby seat, making my job much easier as a result. We had gone in for morning coffee and were amazed at the range of cakes on offer. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The coffee was superb and the coffee and walnut cake was delicious. The portion size was generous and prices were very reasonable. There is an extensive snack menu and the restaurant was bright, cheerful and clean.
A friend recommended The Tea Room to me and I was glad that I was able to park directly outside. This is not always the case, though, but there is a car park close by.
Well worth a visit.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank EveyG_11
UK
“Below average for afternoon tea”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Three of us went here for afternoon tea - 2 sandwiches, a scone with jam and cream, a piece of cake and tea each. The sandwiches were fine, full of filling; the carrot cake was very moist, the other cake was very dry and tasteless (it was so impressive I can't even remember what it was); the scones were inedlible. - huge great dry, crumbly things; the tea didn't have enough strength to climb out of the pot. All for the princely sum of £9.95 each. Food being taken to other tables, eg toasted sandwiches, looked lovely, however. But, for us, the first and last time here for afternoon tea.

• Visited March 2014