“The best in town, by a wide margin”
Review of The Tea Room

The Tea Room
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2013

It's funny, all the cafes with the sea views are rather uninspiring, but the side street from the beachfront is home to this gem of a cafe. Super decor, and cream teas that are delicious, this is lesson on how to do it properly, in gorgeous surroundings while providing value. Unlike anywhere I've been, YOU choose what goes in your cream tea from a set selection. I think the scones with clotted cream are essential though. The service is friendly, and the toilet is really interesting. Each customer gets a unique teapot and cup with gorgeous little teaspoons. I may sound like I'm some quaint lady, but I'm an Asian guy, married with kids, and love to find relaxing places to have a fabulous lunch that doesn't cost the earth. There's even raspberry jam on offer, I'm in heaven. The only issue is, jam on cream or the other way around, you choose.

There are newer reviews for The Tea Room

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Very nice cream tea today with my daughter in law and grandaughter. Lovely Scones plenty of tea.
Not cheap but good quality :)

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The tea room is a fantastic almost old fashioned place with tea, coffee and delicious cakes on offer. Other items are on the menu but for my wife and I it was a perfect little addition to our sea side visit.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

how do I rate this little tea room... the ratings only go up to excellent??? This is the second time of my visit there and the service is sublime only matched by the quality of the food and the wide variety of teaspoons that are worth a visit to view alone.. this business needs to expand in size to accomadate the customers and visitors.. I loved each visit and in particular the fact that staff remembered me..You rock!!! Manuela of Andover

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Having eaten hear now a number if times I feel it about due I make comment! The tea rooms are a delightful place to eat or just to stop by for a pot of tea! With a buzzing little atmosphere I gave never seen this place empty and the noise of the happy voices are enough for the most quite visitors to feel welcome and at home, yet quite enough to still hear one another across the table!

The staff are very warming and gave been with every visit and the cakes are simply Devine!

Now after 8-9 visits I can say whole hearterdly the service never falters!

Love the place, the staff, the food and the warm dry view of the sea! X

1  Thank Kirstyt84