All reviews life jackets the main house de france suv wilderness canoe summer channels trail
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2018

My wife found a deal for Auberge Couleurs de France, which included a one-night stay, and a hour of snowmobiling.

Here are our impressions:

- The resort is a bit remote and on a long and windy side road. Our trip was in mid-January, after a bit of a mild-spell so it was not too bad. If you are visiting in more severe winter conditions it could be a more treacherous drive, but probably OK with the right vehicle.

- Staff are super friendly and helpful. Most of the staff speak English quite well.

- They don't give you a key to your room by default, but will happily do so if asked

- We had room 10 in lower level of the main lodge. It wasn't the best for several reasons. First it's located directly under the dining room, so in the morning you may be woken up by the sound of people walking above you during breakfast, and in evening you also get the same noise. Also, it's right next door to an exercise room which includes a kids trampoline, and there were some noisy kids there at times. If these might be concerns for you, better to ask for a room in one of the other lodges, or not in the lower level.

- Bathroom walls in the room did not reach the ceiling, so you will hear everything. Plus during the night the lights from the bathroom may wake up your partner.

- The lodge and rooms are nicely decorated and attractive - rustic but modern touches.

- Our room had a large jetted tub which was nice for a relaxing couples soak

- Snowmobiling was fun with trails close to the Auberge

- Restaurant was OK. Dinner was reasonably priced with quite a few Table D'Hote options. The food was good, but nothing too special and could use a more sides included (e.g. fresh veggies). Breakfast buffet OK, but not creative (canned fruit, yogurt, etc)

- WiFi not great. Could not get Netflix to work.

- We enjoyed the trip, and had fun for a winter getaway. I imagine it would make a nice weekend trip in the summer or fall was well

Room tip: Avoid basement room in main lodge
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank goingtosf
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

What an awkward place. Firstly the drive in was a drive from hell on that 5 minute driveway with HUGE rocks I was getting so frustrated it was very unpleasant especially since I was in a compact car and wasn't warned of this. Plus it's in the middle of nowhere I was starting to believe the place just didn't exist cause it was taking so long to get up there! The car was filthy after that drive up and we were being followed by horse flies the entire time, they were actually everywhere it was such a mission to get in and out of our cars cause we were getting attacked by them it was honestly disgusting any time you leave the area it's horse fly madness and really annoying for a getaway that's supposed to be relaxing. Also when you walk in the check in counter isn't obvious cause it's all the way at the back where the restaurant is so that was weird. When we got to our room there was a poo in the toilet as a nice welcoming gift. We tried flushing it but it got clogged so that was a great first impression. We told the lady and she moves us to the room next door (number 10). It was a cute room with a nice view. We had the hammocks right outside our bedroom which we thought was awesome until we realized those were the only 4 hammocks on property so people kept coming into our patio area to use them so it was just annoying to keep seeing people from our window... I feel like every room should just have their own. Also we were right under the restaurant so we heard literally everything which bothered me it seemed like people were litterally having a stomp party. The Wi-Fi is so bad and there isn't a shower just a really fancy bathtub so that was weird but it was fine. We also found it super strange that they didn't give us any room keys so we went to go ask for some. I guess it's an open concept but still they should offer the keys anyway right from the start. The food in the little town was pretty good, but it's also really basic food. Honestly there's really nothing to do unless you wanna get attacked by horse flies. It was fine cause me and my boyfriend just played games and laughed about the awkwardness of our getaway and got to spend some time together, But we both agreed that there is no way we are going back there... way too unusual.

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed July 10, 2017

My mom and I stayed here for 4 days. We were given the suite facing the lake with its on private balcony with beautiful views!
The estate is beautiful. You are surrounded by forests and a large, clean lake.
The owners are helpful and hardworking; they keep the place clean and well groomed.
I will definitely return!

Room tip: Lake view, but all rooms are lovely.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2017 via mobile

Went there with my love, its like if a was a king when i arrive there, people who work there treat you like if you where their family, very clean place, a lot of activitiesto do there boat 4 wheels and many more, they have spa, very quiet place!! Recommend it for sure!! Will go back next year

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed January 31, 2017 via mobile

Miss the top rating because of internet access, otherwise great chalet, superbe design, very nice and comfortable room ; do not miss the hot spa outside especially in winter with the great view. Food is average plus. The lobby is superbe. Spa service was great and appreciated to recover from a long day, recommend to book this service in advance

Date of stay: January 2017