As our vacation time was coming to an end we decided to take it easy and just relax. Staying at the auberge was just wonderful. The owners are from France and were very welcoming. Dogs again are welcomed, they actually own a very beautiful back lab named Moka. She just loved hanging out with us and play with our 15 pound multi-poo. Who btw held his own in a tug a war with Moka. The rooms are very clean, the beds were not as comfortable, otherwise everything was perfect.. They do not have showers but baths only, I'm not used to showering in a bath, but it was a nice change. The food was delicious, I detest mushrooms, and here I was picking them off my daughters plate, what more can I say about the food??!! I'd go back just for that!
All around the auberge the attention to detail was impressive. It felt like you're in the middle of nowhere yet they had touches of elegance.
My kids are young but are very good swimmers and are not afraid to jump in the lake. Off they went with their lifejackets on, peddle boating, canoeing. At one point Moka jumped in the canoe with my daughter (my daughter calling her to come in with her), loving every minute of it, off they went paddling away. The lake is very clean and calm. They had several canoes, paddles, two peddle boats, lots of lifejackets, water skis and a motor boat. The kids enjoyed the freedom of being able to swim and play. Breathing in the fresh air, and just enjoying fun family active time. The auberge serves breakfast and supper only. No lunch. We had brought our cooler and had some drinks, fruits and snacks with us. So if the kids needed a little something before diner time I had food with me. At night the mosquitos would get pesty, nothing a little bug spray can't handle. They had a decent fitness area over looking the lake, they also provided wicker long chairs facing the lake. Not to mention very comfortable hamecks, They had a jacquzzi, also facing the lake. Since we are normally always on the go, we just hung out at the auberge, the view of the lake, the quiet, the calmness is just beautiful and relaxing. I highly recommend it, if the batteries need some recharging !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near lac simon , log wood auberge with 16 roms and 4 suites all equiped with jacuzzi and fire place(10 rooms)Outdoor SPA and massagesfrench cuisine ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Auberge Couleurs de France reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Couleurs De France Hotel Duhamel
- Auberge Couleurs De France Duhamel, Quebec