“Excellent traditional mexican restaurant”

Fonda de Santa Clara
Ranked #19 of 821 Restaurants in Puebla
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: Inmerso en la historia de la ciudad de Puebla, su ubicación es parte de los monumentos patrimonio cultural de la humanidad.En este Restaurante podrá disfrutar y degustar de nuestra prestigiada cocina poblana en un ambiente familiar.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Me and two other friends went for lunch at this traditional corner of Puebla and I have to say everything was delightful. Highly recommend the Mole or any of their house specials. Wouldn't recommend the margaritas at this place, however they replaced mine for another drink immediately after expressing my dissatisfaction. Will dine here again on my next visit to Puebla.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Very quaint Mexican restaurant close to the Zocolo in Puebla where they specialize in Mole. The mole chicken dishes are very good as well as a long list of soups, Mole is the sauce made with chocolate,sesame seeds and other spices. They have menus in English.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is an old restaurant in Puebla that is decorated in the blue-and-white tile of the town. You feel like you are stepping back in time into a lovely hacienda. I ate on a small balcony overlooking the street and had something I have unsuccessfully tried to make at home: pipian. This is a typical Poblano dish made from a paste of sesame or pumpkin seeds (a different type of mole), chiles and spices and poured over chicken or pork. Mild, flavorful and rich. The guacamole was a meal in itself and, as ever in Mexico, the margarita was fresh and strong--delicious. I remember the prices were pretty good but that was by the time I was on my 2nd margarita, so I'm not sure....

Reviewed January 21, 2013

For our one night in Puebla, we of course had to have mole poblano and this restaurant seemed to come highly recommended. The mole poblano was good; not great. We also ordered another dish that came out luke warm at best, although I liked the flavor (poblano sauce over pork). Both dishes were served only minutes after we ordered, which made me wonder how the kitchen prepares the food. Everything must be ready to go?? But the appetizers (molotes) were made to order and were delicious (although they came out after we were half way through our main course). The servers were nice, but unattentive after our meal was served...and they include a 10% tip into the bill which I'm not used to seeing. I would recommend trying a different place.

Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We stoped for a quik breakfast and everything was good except for my orange juice, but overall good for us. Will come back