La Purificadora
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Pool
All reviewswater purificationdesign hotelglass balconyricardo legorretapool bar isuber driverthe open air lobbybeautiful hotelband playingbeautiful designclose to the city centerrooms are nicetwo nightsfew blocksconventionjacuzzicomfort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2013

For a $300+ hotel we had a miserable experience, the bell sound of the churches start at 5am,they sound like if they were in your room, the super architects who redesigned it were more interested in form than in function. If you areplanning on resting do not stay there!!!

Room Tip: I changed rooms and sound proofing was miserable in either one
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Marisat78
Francisco D, Gerente at La Purificadora, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Hello Marisat78..
Thank you for taking the time to share this informative feedback on your recent visit to La Purificadora. We appreciate the feedback from all of our guests as it often times pinpoints areas of needed focus or attention.
I will share your review with the leadership team.
We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in Puebla so we may show you the quality comfort and accommodations you expect from us.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I thought I would give the hotel a 2nd chance. I had stayed here last year for one night. My main influence in selecting this hotel is the modern design. It's very much a designers hotel. The rooftop pool is spectacular although its never been warm enough weather for me to try it. During my first stay I remember how loud it was from my balcony room. It was the exact same on my 2nd visit. The giant glass pivot doors don't have a good seal. The birds in the park are extremely loud. They were shooting either a cannon or a gun in the park at 7am. On both of my visits the hotel restaurant and bar have been dead. I would have expected a hip crowd here because the ambiance is very cool. The coffee is excellent and they have a nice spread at the breakfast buffet. The bed was not comfortable. Very hard and the sheets are overly starched & stiff. I give the hotel an A for architecture but a C for lack of friendliness from the staff & lack of comfort in the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank nickit98
Francisco D, Gerente at La Purificadora, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Nickit 98
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on La Purificadora.
We always appreciate our guests feedback.
This feedback is helpful for us as it will give the opportunity for our team to listen to what our guests are saying.
Thank you so much for bringing all of these concerns to our attention.
For La Purificadora nothing is more important than the comfort and tranquility of our guest, please accept our sincerest apologies.
We hope you will return to La Purificadora in the future.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Very unique hotel. Like no other I have stayed in. Open air lobby is really neat. Great view of the church next door. Service is excellent with a very friendly staff that really takes care of you.
Food is top notch with good menu varity. Bar on top floor and pool is very nice.
Only negative is the noice. Being open air naturally the noise is there. But i carry a small noise machine so I have no problem.

Room Tip: Bring something to drown out the noise or run tha a/c fan at night
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The hotel's infrastructure is very unique itself as this same building was used before by a water purification plant, hence the name, La Purificadora in spanish.
As you walk into the hotel through a huge old wooden door you can appreciate the eye catching design of the property - brick walls, wooden columns, a glass staircase, huge purple sofas around some open air stone fireplaces - and it definitely feels like a place you would want to hang out at.
It's a beautiful property, with cutting edge design and hippie chic decor but the BEST was the service - the guy at the front desk (who I can't rememer his name) was super polite and helpful at check in, check out and in recommending us where to go, what to see, etc... The restaurant is also great! We only had breakfast there but the service was top notch and the food variety and quality (everything is home made and organic) was good!
The rooms in my opinion - even though they are nicely furnished, modern and clean can see an improvement. 1. The sheets are EXTREMELY rough and I am not exagerating and 2. The rooms need to be properly sound proofed as you can hear everything. As I was saying this seems to be the type of hotel everybody wants to hang out and apparently people do hang out here on weekend nights to party and get together and as the rooms are right on top of this open air patio where the fireplaces are the noise levels are uncontrollable. I woke up in the middle of the night to hear very loud music and someone who was singing and it seemed they were inside our room! We only stayed there one night so this wasn't a great problem but I guess if you stay here for more nights it can definitely be one. Other than that I think it's a great property.

Room Tip: You should ask for a room that doesn't face to the back as there is a corporate building parking lot and not a nice view but I am not sure if any of the rooms face somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CamiMasdeu
Francisco D, Gerente at La Purificadora, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear CamiMasdeu
Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us at La Purificadora. We truly appreciate all of our guests feedback as it often times pinpoints areas of needed focus. I will share your review with the leadership team.
Thank you so much for bringing all of these concerns to our attention.
We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in Puebla.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I consider myself an objective person and this is most definitely the worst hotel experience I have ever had! These guys make a pool party on Saturdays with extremely loud and annoying music. The crowd that attends this party made by the energy drinks MOSTER are probably the worst crowd in Puebla, seriously scary people and even dangerous (probably sons of drug lords in the area), a couple of really wasted guys tried to go in my girlfriends room when she came in and god knows what they could have done to her. I won’t stay in this hotel again even if it was free. I really hope people take my advice and don’t ever go to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alfonso m
Francisco D, Gerente at La Purificadora, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Hello Alfonso M
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on La Purificadora. We always appreciate our guest´s feedback.
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the noise generated by the party on the terrace.
For La Purificadora nothing is more important than the comfort and tranquility of our guests.
Please know that eventhough the event was hired by a third party and not hosted by us, we will not be having similar events again.