“Beautiful restoration in a wonderful city” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Purificadora

La Purificadora
Ranked #24 of 95 Hotels in Puebla
20036
“Beautiful restoration in a wonderful city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

La Purificadora is beautifully designed and retains the old factory's structure with smart, modern restoration. The location was outside of the city center, but it never felt inconvenient.

In other hotels in Mexico, my inadequate Spanish-speaking skills were less of an impediment than at La Purificadora. Although staff at La Purificadora spoke English, I found them to be less helpful than at other Mexican hotels. For example, they didn't mention the upstairs gym and bar areas, and I missed my flight due to a miscommunication with a taxi driver arranged by the hotel. (I realize this is my own shortcoming in a Spanish-speaking country, but I thought it might be helpful to point out the distinction between other nearby hotels.)

The breakfast was delicious. The room was clean and peaceful, and we slept very well at La Purificadora.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank izzy76

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

We really enjoyed staying here. It's quite a unique property. The staff was friendly and the hotel was wonderful! Our room was great and it's within walking distance to many restaurants and sites. We'd definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

I loved this hotel. The design, the architecture, the decor was all just breathtaking. The rooms are airy, the bed is beyond comfortable and the service adequate. Having said this, yes, the other reviewers are right. The noise of the convention centre next door is a hindrance... I visited in December, so a lot of office parties take place as one was taking place the Saturday I arrived.

However, the reservations lady did call me back, saying there was going to be an event and that if I wanted to look for another place to stay I could cancel my booking without penalty... I told her I'd like to assess the noise level myself. I liked this, I was warned and given a choice, somehow when the noise started I didn't feel as cheated because I had indeed been warned. And the party ended at 11... Not bad at all.

The one frustrating experience? The tv. Few channels, lousy signal, and the remote control wouldn't work at all - tv is important to me to wind down before bed, so I found this to be a big minus!

Still,the hotel is worth knowing, stay over on a weekday, it will be silent and if you ain't to big a tv fan, your stay will be perfect. This is a nice, trendy, chic place to stay.

• Stayed December 2011
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

The hotel is quite interesting, but the experience was NOT great from beginning to end. We made our reservation through "Mr. & Mrs. Smith", but the hotel was unable to locate the reservation upon our arrival. It turns out the young lady at the front desk didn't know how to download incoming reservations from other agencies. We were given an upgrade due to using the smith service, which was nice. When we got to the room, there was a ladder and paint supplies on the floor in front of the door to our room and it was about 10pm, no one was working... just sloppy. Once we settled in to our lovely room with balcony, we found out there was no internet in the room. All they could say was that the signal wasn't strong enough to reach the room, although it had been advertised as having in-room internet. We had planned on doing some work from the room on our computers the following morning, but instead had to work out of a small starck conference room with no windows. The staff in the conference room next to us was very loud and you could hear everything. We decided we needed to extend another night and asked the front desk if we should go through our agency or just do it through them. The mistakenly told us to do it through them, which caused us some grief with the travel agency. Again, misinformed staff. The included continental breakfast was ok, but the cheese and cold cuts platter that is included was weird at breakfast. When we woke up the second morning, they were doing construction to the room next to us and the noise woke us up, very inconsiderate. And lastly, they did not tell us that it takes 3+ hours to heat up the hot tub if we cared to use it, so our plans to use the hot tub didn't end up working out. The pool in not heated at all, which makes it too cold to use. The management of the hotel in my opinion could do a much better job of informing their employees and setting times to do construction so as not to disturb the guests. This hotel is a converted factory and is so beautiful and striking that it could be a destination unto itself if it had a stronger management team and kept its guests and staff informed. Oh well.

Room Tip: If you plan to spend any amount of time hanging out in your room, I recommend the balcony rooms.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank j_golightly
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Hotel was beautiful, great location with great architecture, Clean. Unfortunately the roof bar was closed for renovations. During my checkout i gave a list of what was taken from minibar, which they sent someone up to room pror to letting me check out. Apparently there was a laundry bag that was to be in room, of which i did not know about and they preceeded to charge me for it, even though i did not know or see anything in room. After making a scene at front desk they finally decided to take off my bill. Please note, i was there for one night, checked in after 8 in the evening, and was out until after midnight, and gone by 8 in the morning.

Room Tip: Middle of hotel away from front entrance
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank anarchyny
Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

It is a shame. The place is beautiful. The rooms are clean, comfortable. The service and staff is nice BUT!!! IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SLEEP WITH THE EXTREMELY LOUD MUSIC COMING FROM THE BAR ACROSS THE STREET. The doors - windows hardly isolate the noise coming from outside and the bar plays live rock music until 2.00 am. If you are looking for a place to SLEEP or even be able to HEAR the TV at night THIS IS NOT THE PLACE. The only thing the staff could do was give us some earplugs that did not help. The hotel is nice, but due to this fact I WOULD NOT GO BACK, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE WANTING TO HAVE A GOOD NIGHT SLEEP.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank lolisperez
Francisco D, Gerente at La Purificadora, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Hello lolispere
Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us at La Purificadora. We truly appreciate all of our guests feedback as it often times pinpoints areas of needed focus.
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the noise, for La Purificadora nothing is more important than the comfort and tranquility of our guest.
I would like to take this opportunity to comment that the bar across the street, is now closed, so we have no noise problems.
We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in Puebla so we may show you the quality comfort and accommodations you expect from us.
Francisco De La Hoz Foglia.
General Manager.
shawinigan1962
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

Great architecture. Clean and fonctional minimalist rooms. Good shower. Very nice fireplaces in the lobby. But the noise from a bar outside keep everyone asleep over midnight due to the open space design of the hotel the lack of insonorisation of the doors, The staff seems unable to stop the music because it's coming from a bar outside not under there management. Ask for a room with a view in the back of the hotel on a parking lot, not charming but a bit more quiet.
Not a good place for a romantic dinner, the design is too cold and no intimacy possible but a good one for family brunch or business people.
The employees of the dining rooom expected a good "propia", and asked for it
To visit the historic center, the clients of the hotel need to cross a large dangerous boulevard of eight tracks.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends