“Nice stay at Hotel NH”

NH Puebla Centro Historico
Ranked #11 of 100 Hotels in Puebla
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I spent five nights at the Hotel NH, and enjoyed my stay. The hotel has a very modern interior, the bed was quite comfortable. The room was kept clean. Nice shower, and good amenities including free wifi, safe, ironing board, etc. I didn't eat at the restaurant, nor did I use the pool or workout facilities, so I can't comment on that. The hotel was pretty quiet, which I prefer, and I slept well. Staff were helpful, particularly Famy, who checked me in and also arranged an early morning cab.

Hotel location is ideal for Puebla's centro. Two blocks to the Zocalo.

Some tips...It took me a couple minutes to figure out how to turn the room lights on, you have to stick your room key in a slot. That might have been helpful to know. Also, the bottled water they provide is not free -- read the hang tag on the bottle before opening.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank peter826
There are newer reviews for NH Puebla Centro Historico

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here in mid july this year. Overall the hotel was comfortable and staff very helpful. The room was comfortable and clean and the breakfast was more than satisfactory. Not that I had a car, but it appeared to be plenty of parking in the hotel.
Be careful, they do charge for everything including water, the in-room coffee and there is service fees/tax attached with those items; although they were ok to reverse the charge when i mentioned that I was not aware of the charge for the coffee.
Location is very good as it close to the older parts of the city.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the street as there was some street noise from our room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Rene L
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was a pretty basic hotel but was clean and easy to walk to everywhere from. They served a buffet breakfast in the dining area that was adequate. The front desk staff did not speak much English but enough to get by. I would stay there again when I go to Puebla.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank touropBoston_MA
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Easy parking, easy check-in, clean rooms, comfortable bed. It was a busy weekend, but the staff handled check-in perfectly. The most important thing to us is bed comfort and we were not disappointed. The only negative was car alarms going off much of the night, but that's not the hotel's fault.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
2  Thank MLphoto
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Location is perfect. It's right in the center of the city. The hotel is very small. The gym is a tiny room just for one person. The bar is very essential and it's right after the reception. We were a group of people and we had few chairs were to stay for drink and a chat. Breakfast was quite rich and good, but the first night I ordered a chicken salad room service and I received a green leaf and two sticks of "maybe" chicken. This hotel will not be in my favourites list.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Niky_Traveller
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I travel to Puebla regularly and I have to say that the NH is the most friendly hotel I have stayed in in the area. From the big smiles at the front desk to the efficient wait staff and housekeeping ladies (who actually remember you from the last visit) these make staying here a really positive experience.
I am not a tourist so I don't use all of the facilities avialable at the hotel. However the location, just 2 blocks from "El Centro Historico" means I can walk to different places and enjoy "people watching on the Zocolo.
Horel-wide Internet, clean rooms and friendly staff will keep me coming back here.

Room Tip: Some rooms facing 3 sur are drirectly above the only smoking area in the hotel and sometimes it is n...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MikePate
Esteban P, Director General at NH Puebla Centro Historico, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Mr. Pate

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to know that you are happy staying with us. We appreciate your preference and we will continue to smile for you and to the other guest.

Best regards.

Cordially

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Dirty pool and pool area with close to zero seating possibility. Hard mattress. Airco problems. No courtesy bottle of water, nothing ... everything extra. No reaction from management when complains. Not satisfied.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
1  Thank Patrick B
Esteban P, General Manager at NH Puebla Centro Historico, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear Patrick B.

Frist of all, thank you for your comments and I appologize for the inconveniences during your stay. We are going to review this with the housekeeping and mainteinance deparments in order to improve the service in the pool area and also in the room. In the older section of the hotel we also have rooms whit bathtub but we tried to make you happy by giving you a room in the new section of the hotel for the same price as a standard room. We are working to give the best service to our clients and your comments help us very much to achieve this.

Best regards