“Elegant restaurant”
Review of Casareyna

Casareyna
Reserve with OpenTable
Casareyna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 807 Restaurants in Puebla
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Casareyna you can enjoy the best cuisine from Puebla, recipes passed down from generations, supplies of the highest quality and passion in everything we do, while also managing to deliver a great experience with spectacular flavors. All this combined with a truly beautiful space, considered a World Heritage site. You'll also find a great team at your service.
Reviewed July 4, 2014

The decoration was quite elegant and special. The food tastes quite Mexico, especially the Mole, which you cannot miss. The tequila was quite special, just remember to ask the prices when you choose one. In addition, we have seen other guests ordering the cocktail, which seems quite nice. The cocktail was made just in front of you. If we had another chance, we will definitely choose the cocktail.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,393)

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Casareyna and quickly discovered that it has one of the best restaurants in town. Other reviewers have mentioned the moles, but try some of the side dishes too: We loved the ceviche and the parsley salad! The coconut shrimp main dish, of all things, is also memorable. The Casareyna does a great business with well-heeled locals as well as with the modest number of tourists that visit Puebla. An attractive "Mexican modern" decor and excellent service round out this
delightful restaurant experience.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Great Margaritas, Mexican wine, food, setting and service. The white mole was delicious and unusual. I tried the Escamol (ant eggs) and were delicious! It is not in the center of the city, but in the convention area. The area is worth visiting with a beautiful park in the middle.

1  Thank minime786
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I've always wanted to try this place, but I couldn't b/c I thought it's another high end restaurant with overpriced food. But I was celebrating my mom's birthday and I thought I give it a try. The food was great, the service was great, the bottle of Mexican wine(tempranillo) was exceptional. The mole sampler is to die for. The dessert need little more improvement but other than that everything was perfect. we ordered two appetizers, two entrees, one dessert plus a bottle of wine and with the tip I paid about $80 for both of us!!!! what a great place! A must go!

1  Thank sintia
Reviewed May 27, 2014

The menu was great, and the mole was excellent--even brought a liter to go! Service was very good as well, and nice ambiance.

1  Thank rharroun